35 weeks

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Super Mommy
Hello, I hope you guys dont mind me posting a question in here. I am currently in the October DDC and due on October 25th. I have been having some blood pressure issues and was currently prescribed medication. the meds worked for about 4 weeks and i am so grateful that lilly has been able to stay put this long! well they recently had to increase my meds and I checked blood pressure this morning and it is still high . The doctor had told me in the beginning they would do their best to get me to at least 35 weeks, which i will be on tuesday. So here is my question...what has been your experience with 35 weekers? what are some of the complications they could face? This is my 3rd baby and the first two were both born full term and i was able to leave the hospital with them. i am hopeful that i will be able to get through at least the next 2 weeks and deliver at 37 at the earliest, but i want to be prepared in case she has to come early. thank you guys so much for your insight and experience...

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey, good to see you over here! Hopefully some of our 35-weeker moms will chime in with personal experiences, but just wanted to say that at 35 weeks, you're looking at having VERY good odds of a short NICU stay (if any) and good long-term outcomes.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that you make it to full-term!!!

September 16th, 2011, 06:56 PM
casiecole's Avatar Regular
Chase was 34 weeks. His stay in the nicu was for 12 days. He was on the oxygen for not even 24 hours. and in the incubator for 5 days. He just need to get his sucking down so he could eat without the tube in his nose. It was scarey having him in there cause you worry, also there were many babies where he was that were born much much earlier. I hope everything works out and try not to get too stressed. I had no warning he would be early. My water just broke and i really didnt have time to think about all tht would go on once he was born. the nicu doctors and nurses were wonderful!

September 17th, 2011, 06:29 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Daniel (my third child) was born at 35 weeks. He didn't spend any time in the NICU and came home with me from the hospital. He did have some jaundice issues that required us to take a bili-bed home with us for a few days, but it was no big deal.

It totally depends on the baby, but IF your baby has to go to the NICU it probably won't be long at all.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
September 18th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
awe thanks guys!!! i am getting more and more confident everyday that this little one can stick it out another couple weeks. i just need to relax! not sure how to do that! its difficult when you are thinking for 2 i go to the doctors tomorrow and i am 35 weeks on tuesday! hopefully WORSE CASE senario they will just put me on bed rest. i feel better about 36 weeks, but even more comfortable with 37 weeks thank you guys!

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 18th, 2011, 04:12 PM
AngelaMarie's Avatar Owen's Mommy
Owen was a 35 weeker. He was in NICU for 9 days. He had trouble breathing and sucking but it wasn't anything major. It felt like it at the time though. He was off of oxygen in 72 hours and started eating then. He was able to come home once he could eat and keep down 65 ml of formula every 3 hours. His last night in NICU we stayed with him over night just to make sure we wouldn't need help. He's never been behind developmentally and is an absolute joy now at 21 months old.
September 18th, 2011, 06:46 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
My David was a 35 weeker ! He spent 9 days in the NICU, The first three he was on oxygen and under lights, then he had to learn to eat. He has done very well. He has asthma and some sensory issues, but I can't prove its related to him being a Preemie.

September 22nd, 2011, 12:43 AM
At 21 weeks, my doctor diagnosed me with complete placenta previa and warned me about the possibility of having a c section. This is my first child... This wasn't supposed to happen, it's not how I planned it. My due date was October 24, 2011...this past Monday, Sept 19th, my placenta started detaching and I had to have an emergency c section. Our son Luc, was born at 35 weeks. Neither my husband nor I were able to hold him and still cannot do so. He was taken directly to the NICU because he cannot breathe 100% on his own. He now has a ventilator working for him and he's been sedated so that he can rest and try to get better. They tell us that this is common for babies born between 35-36 weeks, as their bodies outside are full term but their organs are preterm. They say Luc will get sicker before he gets better but he WILL get better. Has anyone else gone thru this? Any suggestions on how to cope, etc??

I pray that anyone who has a premature baby, has the best possible care. Our NICU is top rated and we couldn't ask for a better hospital.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search