November Roll Call

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Name:

Name of your preemie(s)/NICU kid(s):

Gestational age(s) at birth:

Age(s) of your kids now:

How will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? Does having a preemie make things different at the holidays?

November 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Beth

Name of your preemie(s)/NICU kid(s): Sarah Beth

Gestational age(s) at birth: 27 weeks

Age(s) of your kids now: Sarah Beth is 5, Lil Buddy is 4 and Daniel is 16 months

How will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? Does having a preemie make things different at the holidays? We always go to eat at my parents' house. My brother makes the turkey, mom does the stuffing and I do a lot of the sides and pies. We also invite friends who are alone for the holidays so it turns into a HUGE day with lots of people. I love it! When Sarah Beth was really little we were a little more careful about inviting folks, but not anymore. The more the merrier.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
November 4th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Beth

Name of your preemie(s)/NICU kid(s): Jim

Gestational age(s) at birth: 27 weeks

Age(s) of your kids now: he'll be 4 1/2 at the end of the month...where does the time go?!?!

How will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? Does having a preemie make things different at the holidays?

My sister's family is coming up from Portland, and my mom will be hosting. I think DH's godparents will be in town too, so we will get together with them too. The first year we were super careful about germs and didn't get together with people as much, but now are back to normal. Having a newborn this year, we will probably stay a little closer to home, although we will probably have a party so folks can meet her...of course, asking everyone to stay away if they are sick.

November 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Special_K's Avatar Veteran
Name: Nikki

Name of your preemie(s)/NICU kid(s): Kayla

Gestational age(s) at birth: 31 weeks exactly

Age(s) of your kids now: 9 months actual, 7 months adjusted

We are spending Thanksgiving at home this year. Most of our family has moved out of state so it may just be us and maybe my bff. I am very excited about the holidays this year because it will be Kayla's first everything It's looking like she may even be able to eat some real thanksgiving dinner too!

November 6th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Laurie

Name of your preemie(s)/NICU kid(s): Chloe

Gestational age(s) at birth: 29 weeks

Age(s) of your kids now: Connor is 7 and Chloe is 3 1/2 months (1 month and 1 week adjusted age)

How will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? Does having a preemie make things different at the holidays? I'm Canadian, so that ship has already sailed, but we skipped most functions and get togethers to avoid exposing her to illness unnecessarily. We are skipping the kids Christmas party at my work for the same reason.

November 9th, 2011, 11:32 AM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Sarah

Name of your preemie(s)/NICU kid(s): Liam and Raegan

Gestational age(s) at birth: 25w5d

Age(s) of your kids now: Liam is 6 months 2 weeks old (3 months adjusted). Angel Raegan only made it to one day old

How will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? Does having a preemie make things different at the holidays? We will celebrate by going to my parents house. The only thing that's different is that we have Liam to bring along with us! It's different too because I have to constantly tell people they can't hold him LOL. I hate when babies are passed around to a bunch of people even if they are healthy so I am really overbearing about no one holding him when we are in a big crowd of people :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search