Hello all....

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't posted here in awhile, so I thought i give you ladies an update. I am now 14wks pregnant , on Lovenox injections once a day. It is a blood thinner, as due to some testings done before i got pregnant, they found i have a blood disorder that causes blood clots. So far so good. Ultrasound shows baby is growing at a normal rate, and placenta so far looks normal. Keeping my fingers cross it stays that way!!

My c-section is booked when i reach 37wks. My doctor feels with my history, we shouldn't risk the pregnancy by going farther then 37wks. I had my son who is now 3yrs old at 28wks, so i think making it to 37wks would be a blessing for me!!!

I think i know the answer to this, but thought i ask. Is 37wks baby considered a "preemie"?
November 2nd, 2011, 04:26 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, at 37 weeks the baby is full term! But, depending on how accurate your doctor's and your counts are, 37 weeks is the BEGINNING of full term, so sometimes (rarely though) you can face a few issues like breathing trouble and such. But that is SO rare I wouldn't even be concerned with it.

Congratulations!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
November 2nd, 2011, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats, Chen!!! Ditto Beth, and I hope you make it to 37 weeks! How are you feeling so far?

November 2nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Congrats Chen! Hoping for a happy and healthy 37 weeks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search