What to do with my "preemie" clothes?

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I may be still a little early to think about wanting to donate all my preemie clothes that once belonged to my 3yr old son. But regardless, they are boys clothes, and this time i'm having a girl, so it may not be good use for me if something were to happen again

So my first thought was, to donate it to the hospital where aidan was born at (NICU). They might have good use for the babies in there? Would they even take it?? It would be such a waste to trash them, as they are still so very new!!
February 6th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We gave them to a NICU buddy whose kid was smaller than ours (at the time I was sure I wouldn't have any more kids) but I know our hospital takes them too, as does our local March of Dimes chapter.

BTW, congrats on the girl! How is your pregnancy going?

February 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I'm glad to hear that you're having a girl and that your pregnancy is going well. I'd honestly wait to get rid of your preemie clothes until baby is born. But once baby is born, I'd contact your hospital and your local March of Dimes to see if they will take the clothes or give you a suggestion of where you can donate them.
February 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Actually, Tiff makes a good point--it wouldn't be the first time someone thought they were having a girl and it turned out to be a boy. I mean the odds are low, but still...

February 7th, 2012, 06:17 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I was thinking more so along the lines that since she said that she was going for a scheduled c-section at 37 weeks that I'd recommend holding onto the preemie clothes just because baby could be small enough for the preemie clothes at 37 weeks... But there again, like you pointed out, wouldn't be the first time that she turned into a he when baby was born! LOL!
February 13th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have all of mine bagged up to be donated to the NICU. Chloe has some appointments later this month, so I am going to take them in then.

February 14th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We still have ours since we are trying again and its likely ill have another preemie, but, i would donate them - save a few pieces that are special (first clothes they got to wear, gifts, take home outfit etc) and give the rest away if you're sure you wont use them again. Someone donated a TON of preemie clothes to us and we were so grateful. With the expenses of a baby in the hospital, no time to go shopping, the expense of clothes babies are only going to wear for a short time... its a lot to deal with buying that stuff. I'de either donate them to a specific family or just give them to the NICU and they'll either give them to a family for your or save them for babies who dont have clothes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search