32wk trying to stop labor

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Seattlite

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well i was dialated to 1 last week got married this weekend and have been having contractions on and off but nothitng painful. yesterday i came into work. and went up to ob triage since i work in the hosp and was getiting contrax every 2 min and was dialated to a 3 got a shot of trebutline(sp) a steroid shot for her lungs and then and treb shot and thye didnt stop so now we are trying mag sulflate so i will have to be on it for 48 hour until i get my second shot. im a lil scared. never had this happen before

February 14th, 2012, 06:51 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Welcome! Congrats on getting married. Those steroid shots will help baby's lungs. I know how terrible the terbutaline shot sucks and the shakes that come with it. The mag sulfate sucks too but hopefully they can get everything to stop and your baby can bake for a few weeks longer.

I'm Tiff, mom to Robbie 8 who was a 26 weeker, Bryce 4 and Merrick 2 who were both full term at 40w 5d and 41w respectively.
February 14th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, and congrats on getting married! I'm Beth, mom to Jim who was born at 27 weeks due to PPROM, and Maggie, who was full-term. I really hope your little one can keep baking and they can stop the contractions, but if they can't, just know that 32 weekers tend to do really well, especially if the mom has been able to get the steroid shots before baby is born. Keep us posted when you can, we're all thinking of you!

February 14th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thank you ladies i just got my 2nd shot so in 2hrs they will take me off of the mag and check my cervix. im for sure on bed rest till 35wks my dr said. but not to sure where we will go if im still getting the contractions. they have eased off today some hours i have none some hours i have 2 and others i have 8 but they are more intense. but for now im off the monitors unless i start feeling them again. the mag isnt as bad for me as others have told me. ive been tired but prob cause the sleepin pill last night didnt do anything ive been up since 230 am and doesnt help that i have to pee from all the iv fluids . i get hot flashes here and there but other then that im ok. im not worried if she comes cause at my hospital we have a level 3 nicu and i kow everyone here since i work here. i will update you all tomorrow .

February 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Fingers crossed that the mag did its job and you make it a bit further! Keep us posted!
lhug_nar likes this.

February 19th, 2012, 07:29 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
How are you doing?
February 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM
hey there i had my son at 32 weeks he had a little trouble at first but is doing great nw he did have to stay in the nicu for about 3 weeks sadly but good luck to you try and keep little one in there as long as possible lol and congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search