New to the preemie forum and question for you ladies

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Seattlite
  • 1 Post By Sophiesmommie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ladies,
I'm Susan, mommy to DD (almost 3 in April) and expecting naturally occuring twins (girls we think) in July. Per my LMP, due July 16...per my 20 week u/s due July 23...so my official EDD has been moved back, but I'm going to assume my LMP is "more correct"... anyhow, I am either 23 weeks 4 days or 22 weeks 4 days, pending which EDD you use...

I was just put on "modified" bedrest as my cervix is softening. I was hoping to find out more from those of you with preemies when/if your cervix changed/softened and how soon after you gave birth...? I am petrified and want to "bake" these LO's as long as possible. It's not full bedrest right now, but I have a feeling the cervix may be changing more due to the pressure and expect to have to go on full bedrest at some point...

I hope appreciate all of your advice and stories and hope to get to know all you mamas as I will probably be joining you at some point...hoping to get a bit further along...
March 24th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Beth, mom to Jim who was a 27 weeker and is now almost 5, and Maggie, who went overdue and was born in October. With Jim I had a premature rupture of membranes, and spent 3 days on hospital bed rest before he was born. IC is one of the theories about why I PROMd, but we just don't know why it happened really. The big thing is to have them keep a very close eye on the length of your cervix, every 2 weeks at most, using a transvaginal ultrasound. (they are unpleasant but not the worst thing imaginable.). If it seems to be funneling or shortening, start talking to them about a cerclage. And definitely do as much bed rest as you can now, even if they just told you modified...anything you can do to avoid the NICU is worth it!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you stay pregnant until you're full term and are hugging 2 healthy babies in July!
LadyBugMommyof1 likes this.

March 26th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to Sophiesmommie Send a message via Skype™ to Sophiesmommie
I have no advice but I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you can stay pregnant longer. <3
LadyBugMommyof1 likes this.
March 27th, 2012, 12:37 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I found out at an u/s @ 25w that I had "funneling', a fingertip dialated and contractions. I was put on modified bedrest and the girls were born at 31w5d.

I really didn't do much, I sat in a recliner and moved to the couch. I would get up to shower and bathroom and that was about it.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
April 1st, 2012, 09:42 PM
Preemie Momma
I went into completely unexpected labor at 28 weeks with my daughter Amaya. I'd been told several times by the doctors that the pains that I'd been feeling were completely normal due to my petite stature. Turns out, they were wrong. I had the same problem you had. Although you're not on full bed rest now, try to get yourself as close to it as possible. Amaya is beautiful and a healthy 15 month old now, but if I could go back, I would've put myself on total bedrest if I could've. My cervix got so bad that when I went into labor, the hospital actually had me sleeping with my feet in the air and my head towards the floor so that gravity would assist in "baking" my daugther awhile more. As soon as they thought my labor had ceased, they gave me bathroom priveledges and let me sleep normally... this lasted about 4 hours when I started having pains again, when I finally called for the nurse, I was dialated to a 9.

Just rest as much as you can. My prayers are that you don't have the same difficulty as I do, but after having one preemie, I believe you can never be too cautious when it comes to your child.
BFP #1: 6/11- delivered 12/25/10 @ 28 weeks, now 3
BFP #2: 1/13- miscarried at week 6
BFP #3: 2/14- miscarriage at week 7

Thanks MommaDuck's for my GORGEOUS Siggy!!!

Thanks to Kerian for this wonderful blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search