Hello I am new... this is my story... NEW UPDATE 0n post 10 about baby Alison

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to megs_babe1986
Hello! I am new on here but I have not had my lil one yet. It is a good chance I will have my lil girl in the next few weeks... Here is my story why it is possible that I will have her early!

Before I start, I would like to share some of the complications I have first:
  • gestational diabetes (stated taking insulin around 24 weeks AND been taking metformin since the beiginning and before pregnacy for prediabetes)
  • Hashimottos disease (hypothyroidism- before and during pregnancy)
  • mild preeclampsia - as of this week
  • possible placenta issues and baby not growing as well as expected!
I am 26 yrs old married into the military! We have 2 lil girls who are 4 and soon to be 2... we are due June 1st (30 weeks along) with another lil girl! So when I was 8/9 weeks along my placenta tore some but healed about 2 weeks after that. She was growing on time with her due date till after 20 weeks along... even my uterus is growing on time... then around 23 weeks my uterus stopped growing... at each appt after that it measured at 23 weeks... and I was not gaining weight so she scheduled an u/s. The u/s showed she was around 23/24 weeks also while I was suppose to be around 26 1/2 weeks along. My dr is a lil worry because even my uterus isnt growing. She scheduled me to go out of town (2 hrs away) to a high risk dr (perientogist) to do a high risk u/s and an appt with him! Then they did another u/s 2 weeks later and she grew a tad bit more but not by much... my uterus measured 24 weeks while I am 30 weeks along! So while I am waiting on my appt (its this Wed), I developed mild preeclampsia and now on strict bedrest! So now I have to worry about that and worry about the baby growth! My dr did tell me she does not think I am going to make it to term and be prepared to deliver in the next few weeks... we just dont know when yet! Its a day by day and week by week thing now! Its crazy! She also told me its a possibilty that they might keep in the other town (it has a NICU) and watch my extra closely just in case of an emergency.... but she thinks I am going to deliver there for sure! So I have to pack a hospital bag now and be ready for anything right now... its super scarey! I never had preeclampsia or high blood pressure with the other 2 or before pregnancies! This happened overnight!!

Even though I have not had my lil girl yet... there is a good chance I will soon and she wont be full term! Have any of you heard of this kind of situation before?

__________________________________________________ ______________
UPDATE:
So we went and saw the perientologist yesterday... and this is what we found out:
She has a growth restriction.... Her weight is under 3 percentile and she is measuring about 26 weeks (when I am 31 weeks along as of tomorrow)... She is the same as she been since 2 weeks ago esp her weight grr...

Her fluid level is at a 9 which is in the normal low!

And my bp is still an issue with protein in my urine....

He thinks the placenta is not working properly so its causing her not to grow properly and for my body to go crazy!!

So I am in the hospital getting closly monitor for a few days AND getting steriod shots for her then we will go from there.... what do u think might happen? I am so new at all of this esp since my other two pregnancies been good!

Last edited by megs_babe1986; June 9th, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
March 25th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to Sophiesmommie Send a message via Skype™ to Sophiesmommie
Hello yes I had a similar problem, with both my children. With Tristan I was diagnosed with Iugr (aka a non growing uterus), a faulty placenta, and he had a two vessel cord instead of a three. And at 25 weeks Tristan was born into the world. Sadly 44 days later my sweet baby boy went to sleep due to getting an infection.

With my second child it was the same exact thing poor placenta, iugr, and 2 vessel umbilical cord. I got put on bed rest, 2weekly nst and 1 weekly Doppler flows and growth scans. At 35+6 I woke up to a gush of fluid, it had seemed my water broke and immediately I called the Perinatologist and he had me come in for a Doppler flow scan to make sure. There was no amniotic fluid inside my uterus but my water had not broken where was the amniotic fluid I have no clue. Anyways so the induced labor after 10 hours of labor and 3 times of them trying to induce labor so 16 hours total, Sophie wasn't having it her heart dipped and I had an emergency c-section. I gave birth to 4lbs 8oz baby girl. She just barley avoided the nicu but she is in the picu now for heart surgery. Your best bet lots of rest and positive thoughts. The more you stress the more the baby stresses. Inner Uterine Growth Restriction is a fairly common thing over in the baby and bump forums which I also belong to a lot of moms have been through it. I know quiet a few iugr babies who are perfectly fine. You would be surprised how tough our little warriors are. They are just so strong, sometimes I feel like us (the parents) are the weak ones. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers fellow military wife.

Last edited by Sophiesmommie; April 15th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
March 26th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Beth, mom to Jim who was born at 27 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes. He's now 4 and perfectly healthy. I do know we've got a few moms around here who have faced IUGR and pre-E, so hopefully they will chime in with some advice on your situation...but I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that your little one will be born as healthy and big as possible! Keep us posted!

March 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Veteran
A new update

March 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to Sophiesmommie Send a message via Skype™ to Sophiesmommie
Seems like your in the same boat I was in. Sophie stopped growing three weeks before they induced labor, when they did my Doppler they said my placenta was failing it had been doing pretty bad the whole pregnancy probably because I have sever anemia. So I have no clue if this is what they will do with you but they induced me right away I was suppose to be induced actually the day after I was. They just heavily monitored me and waited till the last possible second to induce. They were going to take me at 32 weeks but then decided to wait. When I gave birth there was no fluid at all. I spent 16 hours with nurses fooling around trying to get me go into labor then they did an emergency c section. So most likely they are going to induce you or take your baby by c section soon.
March 29th, 2012, 11:43 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck, you will be in my T&P please KUP.
April 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like they will probably take her soon since she's not growing. The steroids will help a LOT, and hopefully her NICU stay won't be too long! Hang in there and know we're all here for you, and please keep us posted!

April 5th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there...

Sorry to hear of your complications with this pregnancy . I had my son at 28 weeks , and he is a perfect 3yr old healthy boy today! It was a tough roller coaster ride when he was in the NICU, don't get me wrong. But my best advice is to be strong! You'll be amazed how strong these little babies are!!!

Good luck with everything!
April 8th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Veteran
Sounds just like our story. From about 14 wks we had complications (partial placenta detachment, gestational diabetes - insulin dependant, gestational hypertension, IUGR). I was on complete bed rest by my 5th month and very closely monitored with weekly ultrasound and growth checks. Baby stopped growing at about 28 wks (or very little) and we were hospitalized for constant monitoring. They gave me steroid injection right away cause they didn't know when they were gonna induce me. in the end we made it until 32 wks when we had a c-section because Tristan was starting to have deceleration on his NST tests and failing BPP ultrasounds. He was born at 3 lbs, so small but not soooo small and luckily enough we spent only 1 month in the NICU where he was just a feeder and grower with no major medical issues. He is know 3 months old (1 month corrected)!!! He is small but strong. Honnestly these babies have to fight inside that they are born fighters!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your LO.
June 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Veteran
Thank you everyone and I know its been a few months.... its been busy! Here is what happened...

A few days after admitting into the hopsital, my preeclampsia went severe so they induced me! I had her at 31 weeks... she came out healthy and breathing on her own the whole time! She was 2 pounds 8 ounces when she was born! She was also 16 3/4 inches long! She small (weight wise) for her gestation age but long for her age and had a mind of her age! She was healthy!! Well after the 2nd week she became ill with NEC which caused her go into spectic shocked and respiratory failured! She was flown to another hospital to do emergency surgery and they had to take alot of intestines out but there was alot left where she wouldnt have to have any problems! Well, 2 1/2 weeks later we had to say goodbye because it progress more and she even got necortizing facitis on top of that! She lived for a whole month and gained 2 pounds during that time (even when she was sick) and grew 3 inches long! So I was giving yall update on everything... thank u for the prayers and thoughts!

June 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I'm so sorry.
My thoughts are with you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search