Hi ladies- updated 3rd post, shes here.

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2012, 12:05 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I'm just checking in, because I will most likely be joining the premmie world any day now. I'm hoping one of you may of gone through a similar experience and be able to give advice, share your experience. My waters broke at 31.3 weeks, I am 32 weeks today. I was flown to another hospital 4 hours from my children, family and friends.. On arrival, fluids were 5, cervix 3.5 in length which is a 2.5 cm difference from the ultrasound I had 2 days prior. I was on IV antibiotics for 72 hours, so far all my bloodwork as come back good and I'm not showing any signs of an infection. I was administered two shots of steroids one on Friday one on Saturday. So now begins the waiting game, I am very nervous. Has anyone else gone through this?

edited to add: I'm on oral antis now.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

Last edited by HippieLove; June 14th, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
June 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Glad you found your way over here honey! I hope one of the other mom's here will be able to give you some advice. Thinking of you and bubs!
June 5th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Special_K's Avatar Veteran
Hi Hippielove! I have a somewhat similar experience to share with you. I am pregnant now and on bedrest(due July30th), but my previous pregnancy resulted in my water breaking at 30 weeks and 6 days. I was already on bed rest because my cervix had started shortening and dilating early at 24 weeks. I was given 2 rounds of steroid shots, a set of 2 shots 24 hrs apart at 24 weeks and then again the day my water broke. The doctors decided to let labor take it's course since it was safer for her to be born than to stay in and risk developing some sort of infection. My daughter was born at 31 weeks exactly weighing 2lbs. 11ozs. The steroid shots seemed to have worked since she didn't have problems breathing, but they had her on cpap for the first couple days just in case. She spent a total of 5 weeks in the nicu and luckily it was pretty uneventful for her. She was considered a feed and grow since they were just waiting for her to be able to suck, swallow, and breath while she ate and to gain weight. She did have a PDA, but it resolved on it's own after they gave her Indocine for a few days to help it close up. I hope my story is of some help and reassurance to you.

I'm praying everything works out well for you and baby. I know it's very scary and stressful knowing that your baby may come way too early, but try to stay positive! Your baby needs a sane Mommy! I'm here if you need to talk

June 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Thank you

My little girl was born at 32.2 weeks, she weighed 4lb 2oz and also never needed any oxygen help at all. She currently is in the Special care unit, she is also classified as a feeder and grower. Her humiditycrib sits on well I think it was 31.2 C tonight if I remember right, and they said it needs to be 29C before she can come out. Shes obviously being fed through a nasal gastric tube, strictly EBM but we did breast contact tonight during her tube feed and she did a great job at sucking. It will be quite some time before she can handle a breastfeed but they said its good for her to familiarize being at the breast and becoming full.

Her jaundice levels were borderline today so shes under the lights for 24 hrs and they will do the repeat bloods. She did have 2 bradycardia/apnea episodes and shes on a dose of caffeine once daily until 34 weeks corrected.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

June 17th, 2012, 01:59 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
She's doing well from the sound of it! I'm loving the new siggy of Harper too. Hang in there hun, hopefully she'll be able to breastfeed soon!
June 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Ahhh... She's such a cutie.
My last one was 31wkr. I hope all is going well.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search