Just wanted to say hello, mom to twin 24 weekers!

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By SarahBethsMommy
  • 1 Post By lhug_nar
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By SarieP
  • 1 Post By HippieLove

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there, just stopping by from October 2012 DDC. I recently gave birth to identical twin girls June 10,2012. Any others here with micro preemies? How did your lo's fair? The NICU is seriously a rollarcoaster ride. The girls have their great days and bad! We just had our first NEC scare with Paige ( twin B) and are now going through the same proces today now with London ( twin A). I'm just praying we will see the day our girls are able to come home. London was 1 lb 5 oz as was Paige.

July 10th, 2012, 05:46 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! My name is Beth. My daughter, Sarah Beth was born at 27 weeks and weighed 1lb 10ozs. She spent 76 days in the NICU and came home on oxygen. She is now 6 years old, preparing to start the 1st grade and doing great. I also now work in the NICU as a RN. I take care of many babies as small as yours who go on to do great!
Kansascity kitty likes this.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
July 12th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Thank you for your response and thats awesome about your DD. We have been very fortunate up to this point with our girls, The NEC scare is over and nothing grew in the cultures, but the girls did develop a UTI.

I also started Probiotic supplement la few days ago hoping to increase the amount in my breast milk to try and protect them from developing NEC.

July 12th, 2012, 11:46 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Welcome Angelina! So glad to see you here! Robbie was born at 26 weeks. He had a 109 day NICU stay and is now 8... He's doing well and you'd never know that he was a preemie...
July 12th, 2012, 04:50 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Congratulations and Welcome. That's so neat they were both the same weight. Pretty rare for identical twins from what I hear.

I am mom to 7 preemies. My micro preemie was 25wks 1lb 13oz We spent 100 days in the NICU and came home on her due date. She is now 4yrs old and perfectly healthy.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 13th, 2012, 10:16 AM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My twins were born at 25w5d. Raegan was 1lb9.5oz and Liam was 1lb 15oz. Raegan passed away about 20 hours after birth from a hemorrage in her lungs. Liam had to have a PDA ligation, he had tubes in his lungs and came home on oxygen. Now he is 15 months old and is 100% healthy and fabulous He was in the NICU for 100 days.

I hope your girls do well in the NICU

July 16th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Just wanted to give a quick update on the twins. I have been holding them every other day. They are however having issues with their lungs as of today Paige (baby B) is up to 70% O2 and has a PIP of 24 (average) and London is holding around 47%-50% O2 with a PIP of 20 the nurse said she has a lot of secretions from the mouth and tube . Their both on some pretty heavy guns when it comes to antibiotics. The doctors haven't done rounds on them as of yet so I will need to call back for any changes that will be made today if any. Seems like every other day they switch to having good and bad times. Thank you for all of your replies and prayers they are very much appreciated and needed. o and both are clear on infections from the tube and UTI's.

Halfbaked- Never knew it was rare for twins to be the same weights at birth. My girls have always been neck and neck give or take an ounce. Would have been interesting to see what they would have been at full term. As of today they are both 810 grams from last nights weigh in.

July 18th, 2012, 10:42 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I hope things start to settle down. I remember all the ups and downs too. Mine finally came off everything and was only on a nasal cannula, then got sick and ended up back on a vent for a couple weeks.

I bet it's so nice to hold them. I used to just sit with my hand on her foot and stare. Take lots of pictures (and video). It seems like forever when they are in there, but then they will come home and you'll forget how small they once were.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 29th, 2012, 04:18 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Welcome honey praying your LO's thrive and come home very soon!!

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
August 4th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I am having the worse time the last couple of days. Today being the worse just crying and
disturbed by one of the Dr's thoughts on the girls ever making it home! They have been on the vents since day 2 of birth and Paige just came off the jet vent 2 days ago ( was on 10 days one lung was collapsing) and London was placed on the jet this past Thursday and will be off by the morning both her lungs took turns collapsing. Currently (FX) they have no infections and are both 2 pounds 7oz. I just want them to grow and get some more lung growth so they'll get off those vents! Paige's pressures on the conventional vent are 25 and her O2 is 35%.

They are 32 weeks 1 day today. Will they ever get off the vents?

August 4th, 2012, 07:00 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
take a big breath and remember you have to take things one day at a time. Preemies are such strong, amazing little people and I believe they are truly very special. They are also very unpredictable, as the nurses/doctors always told me, one day a Mum will come in and there baby will be hooked up to everything and the next day that baby could be wireless. Keep faith, I know it feels like you'll be in there forever but I promise there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am in awe of you, being a mum to micro prems would be so much harder than a 32 weeker (Harper was 32 weeks) and I am praying your girls come home very soon xx

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
August 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Thank you so much! Like you I have a 32 weeker as well she'll be 9 on the 14th. Halle spent a small 8 days in the NICU and came home. Now its totally reversed.

August 12th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first child, my son was a 28weeker. He was 2pds 3oz at birth. He spent nearly 2 months at the NICU. So I understand what you are going through and feeling. It was definitely a roller coaster ride. Some days he was fine. And some days a scare of infections. It took a toll on me and my husband during that time. We were always fighting due to the stress. I remember one time we were told that our son may need a blood transfusion. I locked myself in one of the breast feeding rooms and just cried and cried. Then later that day a miracle happened, we were told he needed to be transferred to another hospital due to bedding issues. When we got to the new hospital, they told us our son didn't need a blood transfusion, but instead will be given extra iron.

Anyway....I just wanted to say to stay strong. Before you know it,your babies will be going home! And it is amazing how strong these little babies are. Much stronger then us big people!! They are in good hands.
September 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how are the girls?

I had twins 28 weekers, they're now fat 3.5year olds and doing well ((hugs))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search