Buncha questions :)

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2008, 12:27 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you girls don't mind me bombarding you with questions. I am so new to this, and feeling a little clueless.

What do you use as far as software goes? I'm using Ulead Photo Impact, does anyone else use this? Or is Photshop Elements really the way to go?

Do you have to buy kits for the most part? Or can you buy things separately, like you would for traditional scrapbooking supplies in a store?

Where do you go to learn new techniques? Do you have a book full of instructions? A magazine? A website?

Do you mainly scrap in single pages? When I paper scrap, I almost always do double layouts. But I'm having trouble coming up with double digital layouts, I don't know why.

How do you organize your supplies? Are they on your computer, a CD? Do you put embellishments in one area, paper in another? Or keep your kits intact?

OK I know I have more, but DD is waking up. Thanks for takign the time to answer!

August 4th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
Quote:
I hope you girls don't mind me bombarding you with questions. I am so new to this, and feeling a little clueless. [/b]
no problem!!!

Quote:
What do you use as far as software goes? I'm using Ulead Photo Impact, does anyone else use this? Or is Photshop Elements really the way to go?[/b]
I use Paint shop Pro x12, I love it!! I have never used the other programs so I don't know about them. I say as long as your program can do layers then you should be fine.

Quote:
Do you have to buy kits for the most part? Or can you buy things separately, like you would for traditional scrapbooking supplies in a store?[/b]
I have purchased very few kits. I am on Creative Teams for designers though. Basically I scrap using their products and they use them as advertising! There are many sites that you can get free kits from. Yes you can get single items as well as kits. Things like alphas, papers even specific elemets singly. I have to say though that most people do buy whole kits but sometimes they just don't have the right element you want.

Quote:
Where do you go to learn new techniques? Do you have a book full of instructions? A magazine? A website?[/b]
I usually just put in PSP tutorials on google to figure out what I am trying to do. There are many sites out there to help you along the way. Also most scrappers are more then happy to share how they did something so don't feel weird to ask anyone!
Quote:
Do you mainly scrap in single pages? When I paper scrap, I almost always do double layouts. But I'm having trouble coming up with double digital layouts, I don't know why.[/b]
I do usually do single pages but I have many doubles as well. If you need ideas there are sites you can go to for templates. They give you Layout ideas and you scrap away
http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/galle...ery.php?cat=544
heres just for some ideas

Quote:
How do you organize your supplies? Are they on your computer, a CD? Do you put embellishments in one area, paper in another? Or keep your kits intact?[/b]
most kits come seperated into papers and embolshments. I just make a folder with the kits name and then unzip all the kits files into that one folder. I have all my scraps on an external hard drive that my hubby just bought me!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 4th, 2008, 04:45 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:
I hope you girls don't mind me bombarding you with questions. I am so new to this, and feeling a little clueless. [/b]
No problemo! We're here to help.
Quote:
What do you use as far as software goes? I'm using Ulead Photo Impact, does anyone else use this? Or is Photshop Elements really the way to go?[/b]
I use PSE and have been trying out Ps CS3 and think I MIGHT buy it or CS2 with some of my school refund check. I really love PSE though. I love the photo bin most of all, which is why I still use both. I use PSE to do basic photo editing so I can have several photos open at once and not have to search through windows for other photos that go with. But I love all the other stuff CS3 offers.
Quote:
Do you have to buy kits for the most part? Or can you buy things separately, like you would for traditional scrapbooking supplies in a store?[/b]
I used to buy a lot, but my husband has put a stop to that. I get a lot of free kits, and I am on 3 CTs so I get their stuff free also. Most kits you can buy just the paper just the alpha or just the elements if you wanted to, generally you do not have to buy the whole kit. I love to get just paper because I can make all the elements I'd want or need with just the papers.
Quote:
Where do you go to learn new techniques? Do you have a book full of instructions? A magazine? A website?[/b]
actually, I learned most of what I know on the siggy board. We have some great tutorials over there.
Quote:
Do you mainly scrap in single pages? When I paper scrap, I almost always do double layouts. But I'm having trouble coming up with double digital layouts, I don't know why.[/b]
Singles.
Quote:
How do you organize your supplies? Are they on your computer, a CD? Do you put embellishments in one area, paper in another? Or keep your kits intact?[/b]
I have them on a seperate hard drive broken into folders with designer names, then kits, then papers and such
Quote:
OK I know I have more, but DD is waking up. Thanks for takign the time to answer! [/b]
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
August 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
What do you use as far as software goes? I'm using Ulead Photo Impact, does anyone else use this? Or is Photshop Elements really the way to go? This is totally up to you. PSE is a great program for the money (and you can get it pretty cheap on ebay). If you're happy with your current software (and are able to find good tuts for it), then stick with it. Otherwise, I'd consider upgrading.

Do you have to buy kits for the most part? Or can you buy things separately, like you would for traditional scrapbooking supplies in a store? MOST designers offer things separately as well. I'm a kit scrapper though... so I really prefer full kits rather than trying to piece things together that don't really go together.

Where do you go to learn new techniques? Do you have a book full of instructions? A magazine? A website? I learned the basics from siggy making.

Do you mainly scrap in single pages? When I paper scrap, I almost always do double layouts. But I'm having trouble coming up with double digital layouts, I don't know why. I do singles... have only done 1-2 doubles for challenges. I typically scrap just one photo per page so doubles just don't work for me.

How do you organize your supplies? Are they on your computer, a CD? Do you put embellishments in one area, paper in another? Or keep your kits intact? This is personal preference too. I definitely keep my kits together. I have a HUGE scrap folder on my ehd with tons of folders inside. They're organized by designers/blogs. Then all the kits from that designer are in there... in separate folders. I think it makes it a lot easier when it comes time to post my credits.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
August 6th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks so much for your responses so far, girls! I'm learning so much from this board.

Here's another question - where do you buy your kits?

August 6th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I buy most of mine from Digital Candy and Digital scrapbookplace, though I rarely actually buy lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Oscraps
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
August 6th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Quote:
Here's another question - where do you buy your kits?[/b]
All over!

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
August 7th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Here's another question - where do you buy your kits?[/b]
I have never bought a kit. I use only freebies. There is a forum called Freebie Finds where others share the freebies they come across. OR, I have gone to this site about once a week http://digifree.blogspot.com/
If you search in google or something you'll find a ton of things out there completely free. It's really great if you can find a designer that is giving their kit out for free for only 24 hours before they post it to their store

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

August 8th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search