I made the book cover page

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2008, 08:14 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK so I've never had to design the cover of a book before and I felt it needed something completely different than a scrap page would look like so I want your 100% complete honesty. Please do not even worry about hurting my feelings because I promise you won't!

Don't mind the extra border on the top, right side and bottom (that is extra edging to wrap around the cover of the book).

Here are the credits:
the vine: Rick Evans-Spice of Life kit
Alpha: Bizee-Skin Deep Alpha
Papers: Summer Driggs-Happy Father's Day
Photo: My DH took it and I love it! (just had to add that because I am so proud of his photography skills )

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
August 15th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I think its gorgeous! The only cc I can think of is the words are a bit hard to read at first

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
My DH made that comment too but when you see it full size (12X12) it's easier to read. I was hesitant on using that alpha but I think it has a little asian flare to it and I did not have to recolor it, it just fit. So I used it. The people who will be receiving the gift will know what it says because it's what everyone has been calling this trip for months. So even though I am a bit apprehensive about the alpha I still think it works. If any of that makes sense? Urgh I think I need sleep LOL.

August 16th, 2008, 06:20 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I like it! The only thing I might change is the bevel on your text and element as I am not sure how they will print out.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
August 16th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
sounds good to me

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 16th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Quote:
I like it! The only thing I might change is the bevel on your text and element as I am not sure how they will print out.[/b]
The green vines come like that. I don't have one that lays flat. I think we're going to do a test print at home just to see if it works out. Thanks for the suggestion!

August 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Quote:
I like it! The only thing I might change is the bevel on your text and element as I am not sure how they will print out.[/b]
The green vines come like that. I don't have one that lays flat. I think we're going to do a test print at home just to see if it works out. Thanks for the suggestion!
[/b]
I was going to suggest that. If it prints fine at home then there shouldn't be any problems.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
August 16th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
cute
that is wonderful
great job
cant wait to see th rest of the pages!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 16th, 2008, 05:32 PM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
Looking good Natalie! The only thing that comes to mind would be the striped paper...it just doesn't "fit" to me.
August 17th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Natalie, I think it looks really really nice and the photo looks like it should be in a magazine!

I don't have any extra CC, however, I can't help but wonder what you will be printing it on? Photo paper? a heavy duty paper? light cloth? or something else?

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search