How do you...?

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 09:59 AM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
I'm new to scrapbooking. We are using Paint Shop Pro. I'm trying to figure out how you all manage to make it so that the picture is inside of the frame but some part, say the head is stickingout. What'st he trick?

August 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Basically, you just duplicate the photo layer and then do the extraction on just the top layer. Have the bottom layer just stay inside the frame. I use quick mask mode in Photoshop for the extraction, which makes this super easy... no clue if there are any shortcuts in PSP though.

Feel free to ask questions if this wasn't clear. I'm sure one of the PSP girls can help you out.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
August 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I use PSP, so I can help you.
First I put the picture over the frame and then lighten the transperancy so I can find exactly where I want to put the picture.
Then I move the frame back to the top and readjust the picture to full transparancy.

Now to cut it out!
Keep the picture in the back
Use your eraser or selection tool to go around the main part of the pic that you don't want. Delete those.
Then on to the part of extractions.
use either the ersor tool with harndess around 50% to erase the parts of the pic you don't want. Or you can use the magic wand tool. I usually do the freehand tool with it set on edge seeker (on the top menue0
go around and click all the way around the part of the photo you want sticking out that is outside the frame.
once you get it cut out, go to selections on the top and then invert. Hit delete. Now you are left with just the pic.
click on your frame layer and lower the transpearency down a tad so you can see through it. Now you can again either use the eraser tool to erase the parts of the frame you don't want or you can use the lasso tool or again the freehand tool. Whatever is easiest for you.
For me it just depends on what I am cutting out.

hope that helps, if you are confused on any part, jsut ask

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 21st, 2008, 07:32 PM
It took me a little while but I figured it out. Can you believe I've only been doing this for 24 hours. I've done three pages so far. I keep getting better as I go along, then I look back at that first one and see all of the things I could have done to make it better.

Ok, another question. Can you use scrapbooking as a way of making sigggies? Can you make siggies in either PSP or Photo elements 6? Do you just shrink them so they are small enough to meet the guidlines? How do you get glitter letters and things like that? HHmm I think that was more than one question there.

August 21st, 2008, 07:58 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
It took me a little while but I figured it out. Can you believe I've only been doing this for 24 hours. I've done three pages so far. I keep getting better as I go along, then I look back at that first one and see all of the things I could have done to make it better.[/b]
LOL, you sound just like me! I am really bothered by my first few pages, I really want to go back and change them! I've done about 25 pages in the last two and a half weeks!

As for the siggy questions, I think you can shrink them. The other girls may have a better answer for you.

August 21st, 2008, 09:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yep you can shrink them. I usually do around 300 pixles width.
Here is a page I turned into a siggy

just moved things around to make the siggy.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 22nd, 2008, 11:13 AM
Ok, does anyone know how I can touch up the skin of my friend's pictures of her deceased baby? I'm making those scrapbooking pages for her but I have a couple of problems I'd like to try and fix if I can. I'd like to take away the skin's discoloration, and the tube that the hospital refused to take out. Can anyone help me get some ideas on how to fix that?

Denise

August 22nd, 2008, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
well that is a bit more complex. But you can play around with the magic wand tool and then use the makeover tool. There is one for sun tan I think. That might work to give the baby more color.
Black and white or sepia tone work really well also.
As far as the tube, thats a bit tougher. You can try to use the magic wand and get only the tube, then delete it. try to make a copy of another area of the babies skin that is clear. Then use the lasso or selection tool to get a chunk of it. duplicate just that area. Then move it underneath the main photo so that it covers up the holes where you removed the tube.
You can try touching that up with the softening tool, to blend it more.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 22nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I printed the photos of my daughter who was stillborn at 30w in black and white. If you don't want to spend a ton of time fussing with the color that could be a good option.

August 23rd, 2008, 11:23 PM
Well I've been scrapping right along now. I have three pages I'd like to share. These are my friend's son and his wife and new baby girl. I haven't yet gotten around to finishing the ones for my other friend who lost her baby. I'm going to redo the first two I did as they were my first two pages, and I've come a looong way just three pages later.

August 24th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
those are looking great!!!
Make sure you start a new post or start a gallery up in the subforums so that more people can comment on the for you.
Then click on the 5th button on the top of you reply screan. It will say insert image. Then copy paste the url of your photobucket into that box. Then we can see your links and not have to click on them!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 24th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
I fixed your codes for you. you're off to a great start!

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
August 24th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
you are doing a great job for just starting! You must be a fast learner
Can't wait to see more!

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

August 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via MSN to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Monkeys
LOL I am still lost on this! I use PSP 9. Someone needs to make a script for this

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog
August 25th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use PSP x12, what are you trying to figure out?

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Quote:
I use PSP x12, what are you trying to figure out?[/b]

I'm trying to figure out how to take a black and white cross that I have, turn it a shiny gold, and raise it off of the page.

August 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
raise it like so it looks like its standing straight up, or more flat but above the paper?
The gold you might have to download a paper pattern.
here is for the gold
http://www.grafx-design.com/13psp.html

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 27th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Quote:
raise it like so it looks like its standing straight up, or more flat but above the paper?
The gold you might have to download a paper pattern.
here is for the gold
http://www.grafx-design.com/13psp.html[/b]

Flat but raise up. I would do that by making it have a beveled edge?

August 27th, 2008, 05:40 AM
For some reason it won't let me flood fill the cross with yellow color so i can use the hot wax application.

August 27th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You can try belveled. Another way that I use to give definatition as well, is to duplicate the cross, then on the top layer, do a 3-D cutout. Make sure its set on transparent. That will give a large shadow on the object not next to it

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search