Need Banner help

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
I have a banner that I want to use. It came with a freebie kit. I can't figure out how to remove the letters so i can use it though. Here's the banner. Can someone help me figure out how to do that or can you point me to where I could get one just like it that is blank? Thanks.

Denise

August 26th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
well the only way I can think of doing it is, to duplicate the image. Then on one layer, use the magic wand to highlight all of the letters. Delete it. Move the bottom layer around underneeth until you can't see any blank spots or black, then use the wand again to select the entire top layer, invert it and delete the bottom. If that doesn't work, you can try duplicating just a portion of the banner that without letters. Then use the smaller pieces to move around underneeth the top (with the letter deleted.
Hope that makes sence

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

August 26th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Quote:
well the only way I can think of doing it is, to duplicate the image. Then on one layer, use the magic wand to highlight all of the letters. Delete it. Move the bottom layer around underneeth until you can't see any blank spots or black, then use the wand again to select the entire top layer, invert it and delete the bottom. If that doesn't work, you can try duplicating just a portion of the banner that without letters. Then use the smaller pieces to move around underneeth the top (with the letter deleted.
Hope that makes sence[/b]

Ok, let me give that a try.

August 26th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Ok, let me give that a try.
[/quote]

Well the magic wand is going biserk. I think the freehand tool might be a bit too tedious. HHmm, anybody got any other ideas?

Denise

August 26th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Ok, figured out how. I used the cloning tool to erase out the text. Here's my next problem. I now need to curve the text using paint shop pro to fit the banner.

August 26th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm using the pen tool and the curve tool to create the curve to write the words on. Two things are happening, The letters are all looking like they are going downhill, and the lines from the curve are still there. Here's what it looks like.

August 26th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
ok, make a new "vector" layer above your blank banner.
Then draw an oval using the shapes tool.
Write your text on the line, make sure it gives you the A with the curve so that it follows the path. Then adjust to where you want the word.
Now on your layors chart. There will be a plus "+" sign next to the vector layer that you have the circle. Click on that, that will pull up the words and the circle. Click the eye of the circle on that. It will make it disappear but will keep your lines on the circle

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search