New Here

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I'm new to this forum and very, very new to digital scrapbooking. I swore I would never go digital but the fact is paper scrapbooking takes time I don't have (can't do that while I nurse) and space I don't have either and for some reason my toddler insists on going straight to my scrapbook drawer every time he's in my bedroom. Then I saw that 12x12 prints at Costco are only $2.99 (I had it in my head that getting them printed would be super expensive) and then Lizzy started posting some of her digital layouts on the July 06 Playroom and I thought they looked really cool so here I am. I downloaded PhotoShop Elements 6 (for the Mac) to do the free trial, but I haven't gotten up the nerve to open it yet. I am definitely not a graphic artist. Most I can do with an image is take a picture off my camera and use iPhoto to get rid of the red eye and crop things into rectangles. So digital scrapbooking is both fascinating and frightening to me. Reading posts on here I'm already overwhelmed not knowing the abbreviations or what things mean. I'm trying to figure it all out. Some of y'all's layouts are just absolutely amazing!

Anyway, I am Heather, age 30, married to Jamie, age 32, for 10 years. We have four kids. Ani is 8 1/2, Cameron will be 7 next month, Fritz is 2, and Adrian will be 3 months on Friday. We live in northern VA.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 16th, 2008, 02:15 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the wonderful world of digital scrapbooking! I started last January and love it. It really is overwhelming at first but it is so worth the time to learn it because it is cheaper, faster and easier to digi scrap VS paper scrap when you get used to it. If you see and abbreviation you don't know please just ask! That's what we're here for. I use photoshop CS2, it's similar to elements in a lot of ways but it's more advanced. I may be able to help some though. I know there are lots of mommies on here who have PS Elements so you'll get lots of help and guidance and links to tutorials.

It's not scary! Just open up the program, drop in a photo and go! You can totally do this.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
September 16th, 2008, 02:18 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Hey heather! I'm Trish, one of the wonderful hosts on this board. I've been digi-scrapping for almost a year. Yeah, at first it can be tough, maybe even intimidating, but once you get into it, its like whoa! and so addicting. I hope you stick around with us. I started on PSE 5 so I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
September 16th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
Hi and welcome!!! They are all right, you will love it if you just relax and start playing!! Can't wait to see your first pages!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

September 16th, 2008, 03:08 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HEATHER! Woo hoo! Ha ha you've been lured into it just like I was! It's not the dark side, though, I promise! I also thought I'd never go digital either. I still like the look and feel of paper scrapping and I'll never give it up entirely, but I think digital looks really cool too and it's SO FAST! I never would have gotten caught up without making the switch. I think Photoshop Elements (PSE) is a great choice, because most of the instructions and tutorials I see are for that program. I don't use that one, but I'll probably eventually switch to it (which admittedly will be a pain) once we have the $$ for a new program.

To get started, I would go to www.shabbyprincess.com or check out the freebie subforum on this board, and download a few kits. Then just open up a piece of "paper", which will already be sized to 12X12, and start dragging things on there, including whatever pictures you want to scrap. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

September 16th, 2008, 06:09 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Welcome Heather!!! I am glad you came over. You have such cute paper scrapbooks I am sure that with a little time you will be in the swing of things and making beautiful pages!!!!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

September 16th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY, another MAC user!!
I use PSE 2.0 for MAC. We got it about 7 yrs ago at the time we bought the computer.

Welcome! I'm happy that you are moving outside your comfort zone. I switched from paperscrapping for the same reasons. I had enough of my daughter getting into my marker pens and writing on our couch! lol and then eventually, the older girls wanted to play with all of my paper "elements". It took so much time to set up and tear down that I only really had about 15 minutes to do any actual scrapping at one time.

Here, I can start something, walk away to take care of my waking baby, get drink and snack for the kids and get them started in an activity and come back to my work the same way I left it. Add an element here and there. Walk away to take care of something. Add a drop shadow. Save my work. walk away.. etc...
It's heaven!
I'm still working on my speed but I know it will come, just as I know that as you get started, you will get the hang of all this and will be snappin together Layouts in a breeze Let me know if you have any questions. You'll find many of us love to help!
Welcome!!

Julie (co-host)

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search