I got brave

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I used the freebie version of Sharon's Lullaby Dreams - Boy kit.

I would have liked to have put a shadow behind the buttons at least, but I couldn't figure out how (using PSE 6 for Mac). I don't love it, but then again I didn't love my first paper scrapbook page when I made that either (though I do now mainly because it shows how far I've come).

MUCH better now!!!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 17th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Way to Go! This is darling

I have PSE 2.0 for MAC. In your tools at the top, do you have something called Layer Styles?
If so, this is a drop down where you will find the option to put in a drop shadow or you could bevel your selected layer or put a glow in or around,etc.

Have you found any tutorials or help out there for PSE 6 for MAC? Or did you get a manual with the software that would show you a few things?

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

September 17th, 2008, 05:25 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw! So sweet! Glad to see that you used my kit! Very good job for your first for sure!!!! I have PSE 2.0, so my drop shadows are as described above. Under layer styles. But that gives you a huge shadow. You want to adjust it. For me to adjust I go to Layer drop down at the top and then in the drop down go to Layer Styles. That allows you to adjust the layer style.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

September 17th, 2008, 06:10 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good job! I agree it does need a drop shadow, but that will all come with time. You seem to have a natural talent

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
September 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
Very good for your first try! I don't use that program, so I'm no help with that but I know that the siggy board has a really good siggy school/FAQ part that you could learn alot from!

Welcome to the board BTW!!! Hope you stick around!
September 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It looks great, especially for a first page! Those pics go really well with that kit. Did you find it was pretty easy?

September 18th, 2008, 08:12 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
i used pse 5 and pscs3 on mac and they both worked the same for me. just double click on the layer (away from the layers name) and a box should pop up, look on the side of the box and you'll see different choices like bevel, drop shadow, stroke and so forth. click drop shadow and then play with the numbers until you get the shadow the way you like it.

hope that helps.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
September 18th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Thanks everyone! I found the drop shadow option (why help told me there were no results for "drop shadow" I don't know. I added a shadow to the buttons and a glow around the journaling block to make it stand out as well. I really like it now! Yay! Thanks for the help!

Yes, Lizzy, I did find it to be quite easy. I loved doing it. My sister is doing digital scrapbooking right now (or rather will start when her husband starts school next month) because she's in Romania and paper scrapbooking isn't really an option there. I was telling my mom about what I did and she said talking to my sister and me that she's considering trying out digital scrapbooking, too. I never dreamed it would be that easy. Once I figure out the software and what all it can do it'll take no time to make layouts!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 18th, 2008, 11:07 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yes, Lizzy, I did find it to be quite easy. I loved doing it. My sister is doing digital scrapbooking right now (or rather will start when her husband starts school next month) because she's in Romania and paper scrapbooking isn't really an option there. I was telling my mom about what I did and she said talking to my sister and me that she's considering trying out digital scrapbooking, too. I never dreamed it would be that easy. Once I figure out the software and what all it can do it'll take no time to make layouts![/b]
Yay! I'm glad you like it so much. I've been doing about two a day. One during naptime, and one after the kids go to sleep. Whereas before I would be lucky to get one done in a day - generally it was more like one a week!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search