What would you do?

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2008, 09:48 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
I'm having some major second thoughts about a CT I am on. I love the products, and the designer seemed really nice but she's kind of, um, anal and picky. I've made her 3 different pages with this one kit so far, and each one she says no, I don't like that do it again. (I won't show the pages because I would like it not to be known who the designer is) She wants everyones pages to look exactly the same, same style, same elements and stuff. She says its to better showcase her product, but I know the style she wants isn't that common a style, and presenting her kit in only one way isn't going to attract many buyers IMO. I've done a different style in each of my pages so far, ones you see in lots of galleries, but she still says no. One of these styles is one I use a lot, so if she didn't want that style why did she put me on her CT? I only have 2-3 pages in the style she wants.
What should I do? or what would you do? I'm seriously thinking of leaving her CT, but I just joined on so I'm not sure.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
September 23rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
I would leave! IMHO a designers chooses you because of your "style" of scrapping to best showcase their work. If she only wants the LO's to look a certain way, and it isn't the way you scrap, then she shouldn't have asked you to join. I hope you get this all settled...it must be hard. (((HUGS)))
September 23rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly I would be honest with her and tell her exactly what you said here. "Dear JaneDo, I really love your work and appreciate very much that you chose me to be a part of your CT team. I really love creating LO for you. However I feel that my work is unappreciated and that by wanting such a specific style for your LO you are limiting your sales and making it very difficult for me to be creative. So if you would like me to continue to be a part of your CT team I would appreciate a little more freedom in my LO otherwise I'm sorry but I will have to leave the team."

or something like that? Just let her know that's she's being too demanding. I don't think it's right to ask someone on your "creative team" to NOT be creative KWIM?

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
September 23rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, that just seems odd.. I've never heard of a designer doing that...
I agree with Stacey, when I pick a ct I chose people who's style will work well with my products and also I fell in love with their galleries.
I would be honest with her... I mean worst comes to worse, you lose the position..but it does not sound like you are enjoying anyway.. To me this is always a hobby first.. job second.
Good luck!

September 24th, 2008, 11:06 AM
mighttyjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mighttyjomomma
I totally agree with everyone else... I would not enjoy being on a CT with someone nitpicking at everything about the LOs... I would level with her and say something along the lines of how you were picked because she liked your style and that's how you plan to scrap -- these are YOUR pages and YOUR memories anyway, KWIM? Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search