New.. to digi scrapbooking anyway LoL

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2008, 05:42 AM
...::Tiffany::...'s Avatar ~*Ginger*~
Since all my son's pics are on my pc, and I'm obsessed w/ PS.. I figured a digi scrapbook was the way to go. But, I'm kind of at a loss for how to share it w/ friends and family. Where's a good place to upload them to an online book or gallery? Also, would it be better to stock up for a year and then have them all printed at once in a book, or go somewhere and have them printed a few at a tme and bind them myself? I'm doing them completely out of order.. since I'm working with 2 years of photos LoL Any advice to get me started would be great..

I figured I would add some of the ones I've already done, too. Just in case anyone wanted to take a look
Both templates are Renae Nicks and kit for this one "About Boys" by Snowflake Beach Designs AKA Chanin Mettey

And Kits for this one are "Witch’s Warts" by Rochelle Hall and "Fright Night" from The Gifted Goose

October 2nd, 2008, 06:38 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
cute pages. I host all mine on my blog and at ScrapOrchard and get prints done through mypictales(only 50 cents for 8x8 and 75 cents for 12x12)

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

October 2nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
Quote:
cute pages. I host all mine on my blog and at ScrapOrchard and get prints done through mypictales(only 50 cents for 8x8 and 75 cents for 12x12)[/b]
Thanks! That's actually the exact type of printing I was looking for! Everywhere else wants you to use their templates Perfect. Thanks!

October 2nd, 2008, 06:56 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Cute pages It's up to you if you want to print them separately or have them done in a book. I prefer having them printed in a book and will be printing mine that way and I will be doing my printing with shutterly.com

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
October 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
welcome the board, your pages are cute! I have never printed mine, though I want to. I will most likely do it at Costco though.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

October 2nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
never have the money to print mine! those look good Tiffany!
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
October 2nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Quote:
never have the money to print mine! those look good Tiffany![/b]
LoL Thanks! And I know the feeling!

October 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
cute pages. I host all mine on my blog and at ScrapOrchard and get prints done through mypictales(only 50 cents for 8x8 and 75 cents for 12x12)[/b]
Hey, that's really cheap! I was poking around on that site and saw something about leaving extra space and making the file 12.25 X 12.25 instead of 12 X 12. How do I do that with papers and stuff that are only 12 X 12?

October 3rd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Hey, that's really cheap! I was poking around on that site and saw something about leaving extra space and making the file 12.25 X 12.25 instead of 12 X 12. How do I do that with papers and stuff that are only 12 X 12?
[/b]
2 options:

Option one(the hard option): Open up new files that are12.25x12.25. open your background paper and stretch it to 12.25 x 12.25. paste the rest of your page in.

Option two(the easy option): Open up new files that are 12.25 x 12.25. Make the background either white or black. Paste your completed page in so that you have a slight border all around in either white or black.

I prefer doing mine the second way. my pages should be shipping today or monday, so hopefully I will have some to show soon.

The reason MPT is so cheap is because their photos are laser printed instead of traditional photo prints. If you go to DST and search for mypictales, a bunch of threads will pull up and you can see examples of how peoples turned out.

My Blog

October 3rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
welcome!!

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
October 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
great pages

good luck

I have only printed out the 4x6 pages I dont have the money for the larger ones lol

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
October 5th, 2008, 08:09 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
2 options:

Option one(the hard option): Open up new files that are12.25x12.25. open your background paper and stretch it to 12.25 x 12.25. paste the rest of your page in.

Option two(the easy option): Open up new files that are 12.25 x 12.25. Make the background either white or black. Paste your completed page in so that you have a slight border all around in either white or black.

I prefer doing mine the second way. my pages should be shipping today or monday, so hopefully I will have some to show soon.

The reason MPT is so cheap is because their photos are laser printed instead of traditional photo prints. If you go to DST and search for mypictales, a bunch of threads will pull up and you can see examples of how peoples turned out.
[/b]
OK thanks! Please let me know when you get yours if you're happy with them. I like the border option, that seems easy enough! Is laser printing still a good option for people who want their pages to last a long time? They won't fade, right?

Oh and one more question if you don't mind... how much was shipping? I can't find that info out on their site without putting a page in my cart to find out.

October 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
yep, laser quality will still last a very long time.

I paid 4.80 for priority shipping for 75 LO's. It's very affordable. I will post pics as soon as I get them. If I forget to post them here, they will be on my blog along with the freebies I post and the examples of christmas albums, etc(i am starting a series of tutorials for freinds, lol)

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search