Paying for kits?

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2008, 06:40 AM
NewbieMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been poking around the internet the past couple days just learning all I can about digi scrapping. There is SO much out there!!!

I'm wondering, with all the freebies out there, how many of you actually pay for kits? It seems like I could do all the scrapping I'd ever want to do with freebies alone....

October 10th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I've bought a few things. I buy Sharon's kits (Eden Lane Designs) partly because she's been my friend for a long time and partly because I just love them so much. I also bought a few at a $1 sale. Mostly I just use freebies, but sometimes you want something in particular and can only find it in a purchased kit.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

October 10th, 2008, 06:55 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've found that I work better with larger kits and that I get better quality out of kits I've purchased. Not to say that there aren't amazing freebies out there. Mostly I have freebies but I now have 8-10 purchased kits/alphas. So you may find later on that you might purchase kits if you feel so inclined but you definitely don't have to.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
October 10th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I used 99% free kits for the first year or so of scrapping. I also found everything I needed with the freebies. I have been disappinted a few times but mostly they are just a tad smaller kits.
After that I started doing CT's so I could get the nicer kits for free. lol I have purchased a few things here and there. I did pay the 20 bucks to get Trish Jones collection, but it was like 30 or so kits. plus a billion other things.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

October 10th, 2008, 07:30 AM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
I have a decent mixture of both. When I first started out I was strictly freebies. I am on a bunch of CT's now that I don't "need" to buy anything. I have purchased alot of stuff, and to be honest I have hardly used/remember them! I just don't have enough time to scrap LOL! I only buy items on sale though...
October 10th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I buy 99% of my stuff.. very rarely do I dl freebies.
I just prefer to buy something 'my style' then to have tons of stuff i will never use that I dled for free, kwim?
Also the quality with stuff you buy is much better then the freebies, IMHO.

October 11th, 2008, 07:22 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I used freebies only for the first 6 months I scrapped, then used freebies and paid kits. Now I only get freebies from designers I love.

My Blog
2006-2014 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2016

October 11th, 2008, 04:01 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Aaron!

I have a lot of freebies, but find it hard to resist new kits too! I pay attention to the sales and to what I really need. For example, if I see a kit on sale that has good boy colors and elements, I'll snap it up because I have SO many of Nathaniel to scrap. I also got a couple Fall kits because I have TONS of fall pictures for the last two years. I bought a kit for Mary's album, and I'm stretching it to at least 24 pages (all her monthly ones). So it was worth it to poke around all the sites until I found one I really liked. I find the quality to be better (in general) for the ones that aren't free. I also bought two Sweet Shoppe assortments and that REALLY beefed up my supplies!

October 12th, 2008, 03:18 PM
mighttyjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mighttyjomomma
I am not a huge fan of freebies and I've learned that the freebies I DL I don't even use, so I honestly don't even mess with them anymore.

October 13th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Quote:
I am not a huge fan of freebies and I've learned that the freebies I DL I don't even use, so I honestly don't even mess with them anymore.[/b]
ditto to that. the only exceptions for me would be like freebie add-ons to paid kits from designers I buy from anyway. I just deleted gobs of freebies from my EHD and it felt sooo good.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
October 14th, 2008, 02:58 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I use both, but not as much freebies any more.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Mikasa's Avatar Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy!
I have found soooo many great freebies, I have yet to buy one! I am sure as I get more pages done I will have to buy some to get what I am looking for.

October 16th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Quote:
I am not a huge fan of freebies and I've learned that the freebies I DL I don't even use, so I honestly don't even mess with them anymore.[/b]
ditto to that. the only exceptions for me would be like freebie add-ons to paid kits from designers I buy from anyway. I just deleted gobs of freebies from my EHD and it felt sooo good.
[/b]
this. I recently cleaned up my kits and got rid of most of the freebies I had collected.
October 16th, 2008, 11:59 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:

but i haven't been buying many lately and if none of the poeple i CT for have what I am looking for I will then look for freebies, and only if i can't find a freebie will i even think of buying something.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search