When do you scrap?

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2010, 01:52 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After taking a month and a half break from scrapping, I think I'm ready to start again. I just bought three fall related kits so it's helping motivate me. Problem is, I have so much other stuff to do that I'm having trouble finding the time!

When do you scrap? Do you put it a priority over other things? Our family has gotten busier this year, but it's nowhere near what it will be like in 2, 5, 10 years... as the kids grow up. But I don't want to give up scrapping as a hobby!

October 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
hmmm, well I was putting it before cleaning, but I'm really trying to break that. we've started putting daily to-do lists up on Siggies R Us, and that's making me finish those before doing anything else. as I was told, the list mocks you until you finish it.

Generally though (if I have nothing to get done) I do it at night after the kids go to bed, or in the morning while Bella is eating and playing and watching her shows into her nap.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
October 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM
goingonfive's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm up everyday at 5:30 -6AM and I get a lot of my "cleaning" done then as I'm getting kids ready for school. Then after the last kid is on the bus (about 8:20AM) I feed the baby breakfast and then him and my 2 year old will play very good for me for about and hour....hour and a half and I scrap then. Then when he starts to get fuss and is demanding my attention I do a bit more cleaning (usually laundry) until his nap or lunch which ever comes first. Then I quickly put dinner in the crockpot and then I scrap during their nap while I am doing laundry. Then occasionally I scrap after everyone is in bed and the hubs watches movies/tv or plays video games!!

This doesn't happen everyday but I'd say it happens 2 or3 days a week.

October 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
^ditto....I have pretty much the same schedule, except I NAK)! I only add in Friday and Saturday nights!
October 15th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Me time a on my to do list...keeps me sane After the kids go down, what ever isn't done will wait. That's when I scrap while DH plays video games or goes to a friend's place to watch movies (the friend has net flicks on the wii so they always watch there). We both agreed that we need time to relax and unwind, so we both follow this rule - daytime is for work, evenings are for fun. When I am home during the day I also use nap time for scrapping.

October 15th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I usually scrap some in the morning (after putting Caleb on the bus)while Ethan plays in the floor, or while Ethan is napping

October 15th, 2010, 06:29 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
Well, I just have one kid (for now) so I find time while he naps or after he goes to bed. I do a lot of my cleaning while he's up - either while he's playing alone or sometimes he likes to help me. And we pick up all toys after we are done playing with them so that mess doesn't get overwhelming. I'm not sure how life will be once we have another little one thrown into the mix!

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
October 18th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Sugar Pie Scraps's Avatar Landen's Mommy
I scrap on my lunch break at work and then after Landen goes to bed at night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search