Maybe OT?

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2010, 03:17 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are redoing our master bedroom. Well, "doing" is a better term. We have a bed with a wicker headboard, and a dresser from Target. That's it. We've been married 9 years. LOL

Anyway, we're getting new furniture and I'm also going to be paying attention to accessories and whatnot. I really have always wanted very large photos of each of my kids in my bedroom. I found this frame at Ikea, and I'm thinking of getting three of them and lining them up on the wall. They are 20X20, and the photo opening is 11.25 X 11.25. So I was thinking I could print a photo as a scrapbook page, in the 12x12 size and just trim it a little.

My question is, I have a DSLR so the photos will look ok printed that large, right? I know it depends on my settings I guess. Has anyone ever printed a photo that large before? Will it look ok?

And does anyone have ideas as to what kinds of photos I should print so they kind of look cohesive all together?

October 26th, 2010, 03:27 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm into photography and can say with your camera (canon rebel right?) you definitely can get the photos you want. With that camera you can print poster size. Just make sure to get good light, don't use a flash and set the camera appropriately so you don't have blurry or grainy photos. I can help if you need it. As for the type of photos I think it would be great to get photos of the kids every season and change them out, but it's not really realistic though. So how about photos that fit the feel of your redecoration. I am a huge fan of black and white photography for the bedroom but that's personal preference.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
October 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Natalie! So good to "see" you! Our bedding is white with a little floral, walls are sage, curtains white, matchstick blinds, white wardrobe & dresser. Black & white might be a good way to go so as not to clash with that sage.

So do you think I should get a little backdrop and set up the photos vs. printing ones I already have? I obviously can't get the baby's photo quite yet!

October 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I would say to go outside with the kids and shoot pictures of them being themselves...some of my best pics are when I am shooting them playing outside. I have gotten some cute shots of the girls sniffing flowers and such. I like the idea of black and white too...sounds like your room will be wonderful when it is all done...you need to post pics!

October 27th, 2010, 01:19 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about a black and white storyboard?

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
November 5th, 2010, 10:00 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
You know I'm using detail shots of the three of mine, I just changed them all to a sepia-ish tone to make them match.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search