Cc please!

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 08:01 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really need help with this. I think I am not too fond of the kit... Please give me your honest opinions - my feelings won't be hurt. I am already feeling blah about this one!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

November 11th, 2010, 06:00 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Okie - yeah - not thinking I'm fond of your kit choice either.

The thing that sticks out to me most is your shadows, especially on the papers. Since they are just layered flat, with nothing between them, they wouldn't have quite so deep shadows, mainly that red one in the top corner.

I'd move that circle frame OVER your picture, not under it, and probably make the pic bigger so that their faces fill the circle then crop off all that goes outside the frame.

Lastly, the circle text, it looks like it's floating. The rule of thumb I use on text is that if it's a font it needs to go on something, looking as if it's been written (or whatever) onto it. It almost never looks right floating.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
November 11th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks Trish! I am going to make some corrections and turn it into the ES challenge I was working on even though I don't love it. I will redo it once I find a kit that I do love to do it!

Shadows are something I REALLY need to work on. I really only know how to use the drop shadow button on PSE that gives it that look. Do you (or does anyone else) know a good tutorial on shadows in PSE?

November 11th, 2010, 08:38 AM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
I actually don't think the kit is a BAD match, but that's strictly based on color, I don't know what other kinds of elements and stuff it has. But picking a kit that you really LOVE can make all the difference!

As for shadows, I like more subtle shadows on paper and paper-like elements, and then I go more dramatic for "pop off the page" elements like flowers and ribbons and stuff. I use shadow styles, myself, from Jenn Barrette (I usually tweak them to suit my own style, but they are a good starting point) but here are some helpful links:
Five Resources for Awesome Drop Shadows | Sir Scrapalot Designs
(he links up to several tutorials there)

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
November 12th, 2010, 08:41 AM
goingonfive's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with everything Trish says and Sara too, I don't think it's a bad choice color wise!! A few things I would do is switch out the background paper for a white and then make your white paper strips the gray paper, only I would duplicate the layer and use the screen mode on it to lighten it. You photo has a super dark background so you want your LO background to contrast that! I would also dig up (if they are not included in the kit) some red and black flowers (think tiny foe the black...just want them as accents) and some greenery and layer them within the paper strips and behind the photo!!

Also to go along with the frame and the brad I'd dig up some nice metal staples and some metal word art type things or use a metal alpha for part of the title.

Those are gorgeous photos and you have a great base started you just need to add a few more "touches" to finish it off!!!!

November 12th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingonfive View Post
I agree with everything Trish says and Sara too, I don't think it's a bad choice color wise!! A few things I would do is switch out the background paper for a white and then make your white paper strips the gray paper, only I would duplicate the layer and use the screen mode on it to lighten it. You photo has a super dark background so you want your LO background to contrast that! I would also dig up (if they are not included in the kit) some red and black flowers (think tiny foe the black...just want them as accents) and some greenery and layer them within the paper strips and behind the photo!!

Also to go along with the frame and the brad I'd dig up some nice metal staples and some metal word art type things or use a metal alpha for part of the title.

Those are gorgeous photos and you have a great base started you just need to add a few more "touches" to finish it off!!!!
I totally agree, but the challenge was to use the kit of this designer, and this is what I picked up. Unfortunately, I feel it is lacking much of what I need. I will be turning this in to get credit for the challenge and then redo it when I find a kit that I love for this.

November 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by alilangel7 View Post
I totally agree, but the challenge was to use the kit of this designer, and this is what I picked up. Unfortunately, I feel it is lacking much of what I need. I will be turning this in to get credit for the challenge and then redo it when I find a kit that I love for this.
Ahhhh... I've had to do that several times, which is why I steer clear from those now unless I already have several things by the designer.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
November 12th, 2010, 03:05 PM
goingonfive's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alilangel7 View Post
I too have done that in the past!! Well I hope we gave you some help for your "round two" page!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search