Pet Peeve

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sophia's Momma
What is your biggest scrapping pet peeve?

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggie!

My Scrapbooking Blog
November 30th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are the same, lol. Bad grammar. It blows my mind when someone has spent tons of time on a LO, and it's gorgeous or sentimental, and there is a huge, glaring error in the title or subtitle. I've even seen word arts with grammatical errors in them. To me it completely ruins the page and I see it a lot more often than you would think!

Why yes, yes I am a copy editor. Yes, I do carry a sharpie/whiteout and correct incorrect signs. What are you getting at. NO, I'M NOT CRAZY!!!

I also kind of don't like when in a journaling challenge, people submit LOs that only have song lyrics. That totally defeats the spirit of the challenge to me. But it doesn't bother me that much. Usually only when the LO is way better than mine.

November 30th, 2010, 03:38 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
People who don't use their freaking blinkers while driving...
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
November 30th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Trish) View Post
People who don't use their freaking blinkers while driving...
OMG Me too. . .srsly? How hard is it to flip them on?!

And liars. And people who lie about lying.

As for scrapping -- I agree with the bad grammar. Esp on kits {like wordart or wordstrips}.

November 30th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Ooops missed the scrap part!!
No tape, un-stitched buttons, screwy shaped frames with no normal shaped ones, flowers in boy kits
November 30th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Oh my gosh unstitched buttons. Haaaaaate!

November 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Trish) View Post
Ooops missed the scrap part!!
No tape, un-stitched buttons, screwy shaped frames with no normal shaped ones, flowers in boy kits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
Oh my gosh unstitched buttons. Haaaaaate!
As a newbie, this is good to know! How do you stitch a button?

What's tape?

I have no scrapping pet peeves yet, but a regular pet peeve is people who cut their nails in public places and send them flying everywhere. I don't even really like it when my DH cuts the kids' nails in the living room and doesn't keep track of them.
November 30th, 2010, 07:08 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ummmm really judgemental, prideful people who look down on and like to intimidate others.

Scrapping wise - when I DL something and there are fifty million files with like 4 papers in each. Also, when a preview isn't included (rare but it happens). And when I unzip a kit and it's lower quality than I expected.

November 30th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MamaTutu~ View Post
As a newbie, this is good to know! How do you stitch a button?

What's tape?
Some kits come with a tape element so you can "tape" photos or papers down. I am guessing she liked to use tape a lot.

Most buttons come with thread already in the holes, so you can just place them. If they come like a loose button like you would buy at the store you have to hunt down some stitches and make it look like it's stitched down. It's really annoying.

I will say I certainly don't mind flowers in boy kits! I own at least 6-7 "boy" kits and buy any I like to use to scrap Elizabeth, so I use the flowers.

November 30th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Some kits come with a tape element so you can "tape" photos or papers down. I am guessing she liked to use tape a lot.
I love tape... and stitches...
Quote:
Most buttons come with thread already in the holes, so you can just place them. If they come like a loose button like you would buy at the store you have to hunt down some stitches and make it look like it's stitched down. It's really annoying.
What she said.
Quote:
I will say I certainly don't mind flowers in boy kits! I own at least 6-7 "boy" kits and buy any I like to use to scrap Elizabeth, so I use the flowers.
BUT you are using it for a girl... me, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy27 View Post
Scrapping wise - when I DL something and there are fifty million files with like 4 papers in each. Also, when a preview isn't included (rare but it happens). And when I unzip a kit and it's lower quality than I expected.
UGH! Or when they label the preview FOLDER!!! I HATE HATE HATE that.
December 1st, 2010, 04:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sophia's Momma
Oh my gosh, this thread made me laugh! Can I just ditto everything you guys have already said?!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggie!

My Scrapbooking Blog
December 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
I have a lot of driving pet peeves. They include, but are not limited to: people who don't use cruise control on the highway (when you KNOW they have it) and thus make it impossible to try to pass, no turn signals, not knowing how to properly MERGE, tailgating me instead of using the EMPTY OTHER LANE to pass me....I could go on and on!

In scrapping, it's buttons that aren't threaded, kits that have no apparent color scheme, kits that have a color scheme but a few of the papers/elements are off-colored, kits that don't include at least one paper including ALL of the colors in the palette, people who look down on template users....

wow, I guess I am kinda peevy today, huh?

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
December 1st, 2010, 10:02 PM
.adi.
they label previews as folder so that it's the only things you see when you're looking at the folder before you open it. I do that for that reason.

I use flowers on almost all my LOs too and I've only got boys so... haha!

I think my biggest pet peeve is when you get a bunch of papers and none of them match. So frustrating! Or when it's the same paper over and over but in different colors. Drives me nuts!

a huge pet peeve of mine in RL is judgemental people who think that they're not judgemental. It's so hard to have a conversation with people like that.
December 2nd, 2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .adi. View Post
they label previews as folder so that it's the only things you see when you're looking at the folder before you open it. I do that for that reason.
huh?
December 2nd, 2010, 07:44 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
Trish, the designers label their preview as folder because {on a PC, I think}, when you look at all your folders, you can see what's inside the folder {a preview} without opening it up. I *believe* on a Mac, it's not folder, it's preview. Does that make sense?

December 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM
Mikasa's Avatar Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy!
I hate when a file is labeled "folder" too, I like it when it is labeled the name of the kit for organizing purposes. I know I can see the preview of what is in it, but I would like to see the title of the kit or the designer's name...something to help search for it or organize it! I hate kits that are really monotone, buttons w/o stitches, and cheesy looking elements that don't look realistic at all. I like my pages to look somewhat paper scrapped (but better), I don't like elements that look to comuterized (if that makes any sense ) Bad grammar drives me nuts too.

December 5th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Scrapping - Ugly papers...when they look cute in the preview, then you open them and realize they have some strange unnatural texture to them that is way to over exagerated or they have a design that is 100x's bigger than it looks like it will be in the preview....and everything else listed above (except for the tape, I never got the hang of using that LOL)

Other - Ditto to the judgemental people who don't think they are judgemental ... and people who preach one thing then think they are above following it themselves.

December 5th, 2010, 09:42 PM
.adi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Kat View Post
Trish, the designers label their preview as folder because {on a PC, I think}, when you look at all your folders, you can see what's inside the folder {a preview} without opening it up. I *believe* on a Mac, it's not folder, it's preview. Does that make sense?

yes, that! I guess I don't mind it so much because I never go hunting for kits by their names, always by their colors so it's easier for me find what I need when the preview is the first thing i see.
December 10th, 2010, 01:25 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
Can I resurrect this thread a little? Because I have to say one more thing. And if anyone here does this, PLEASE remember this is a personal preference of mine but...
I cannot deal with huge drop shadows on painted alphas. I just don't get it. Maybe if you put a stroke around it so it looked like you cut out the painted letters from paper, but I don't just a plain painted alpha with a huge drop shadow!

PHEW. I feel much better now.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
December 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitinmn View Post
Can I resurrect this thread a little? Because I have to say one more thing. And if anyone here does this, PLEASE remember this is a personal preference of mine but...
I cannot deal with huge drop shadows on painted alphas. I just don't get it. Maybe if you put a stroke around it so it looked like you cut out the painted letters from paper, but I don't just a plain painted alpha with a huge drop shadow!

PHEW. I feel much better now.
I'm so addicted to shadows I always add a stroke to my painted alphas just so I can shadow them...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search