New here.... New to DS

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I have about 10 years worth of photos on my computer and I have decided I actually need to do something with them besides just store them. My DH is a huge computer geek and I have a background in digital design so what a better way to do something with all those pictures than to make even more files.

Now just to decide how I want to do it. Any specific software you like? I own photoshop CS5 so making the pages won't be a problem. It's putting the pages into a digital photo album that I need to figure out.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 4th, 2010, 11:10 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Welcome Rebecca!

I have to say, with a working knowledge of photoshop the best way for you to start is by just going for it, what I did, with the assistance of some starting out tutorials. You can find some good ones here. Also a good way to learn about placement and such would be by starting with templates or by taking other people's pages and attempting to copy (scraplift) them. I've written a basic tutorial of that here. Also, before you start putting money into this there are lots of good free digital scrapbooking kits you can use while you develop your style and own kit preferences.
ShabbyPrincess.com :: DigiScrap downloads, Free downloads, Digital scrapbooking, Computer Scrapbooking
DigiScrap freebies listed as theme kits - DigiScrapDepot.com
It's great to have you join us! I'm Trish, mom of Zach (6 1/2 years), Ryan (5 next month), and Belly (18 months). I'm one of the co-hosts, and have been digi scrapping over three years now. If you've got any questions please don't hesitate to ask, we're a rather helpful group, and if one of us can't answer we're pretty good at finding answers elsewhere. If you'd like to try the copy method feel free to use any of my pages if you like.

Oh, and free templates if you'd like to try with those:
Category: Challenges
La Gifts
Template Challenge
Zoe Pearn Designs – Creative Team Blog Templates
Eva Kipler Designs Challenges
DigiScrap freebies listed as templates - DigiScrapDepot.com
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14

Last edited by trishosaurus; December 4th, 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search