Newbie with a question

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2010, 11:28 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Hello ladies. I explored digital scrapbooking awhile back and even bought photoshop for my computer. But I just couldn't figure out how to put it all together . I want to do small digital books for family for the holidays next year. I use MAC computers at home. I am looking for a website or program that is more plug and play. I know iphoto has a neat program that I am thinking about buying but wondered if there is a better program out there. Any help would be great. Thanks ladies.

Oh I am Jessi 31, I have two children Linda 6, Jeremy 4, and I am married. I love paper scrapbooking but don't have time for all of that with holidays, training for a triathlon, working full time, raising kids, well you guys know . So I thought the digi scrapbooks might be easier for Christmas presents for 2011.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

December 30th, 2010, 06:55 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Hi Jessi! I'm Trish mom of Zach, Ryan, and Belly.

Now, are you asking would it be easier to use a photo program that came with your MAC? I don't remember my IPhoto being able to do anything like scrapbook pages when I had my MAC, but then I was already using Photoshop when I got it. Which Photoshop program do you have? I know how to use most versions of Photoshop and would be glad to help you walk through putting some pages together until you get the hang of it.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
January 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
The iPhoto has a real basic book that you can make but its not much fun. I just have a hard time trying to get all the elements to do what they are supposed to. I would have to look at my photoshop to tell you what version but I bought it in 2009 so its not to old yet. I will look later (I am on my laptop now). But I was wondering if there were any sites or programs that were plug and play that are cute with embellishments but that I can just plop the picture into. That might not make any sense. I would love some help as I think it would be easier or faster at least. I don't even know where to start . Thanks for responding Trish .

January 2nd, 2011, 08:09 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are quick pages where the page is pretty much made up and just has places to put your photos, then you would use photoshop to put the pictures in, and wouldn't have to buy an extrs program.

stuff like this
Shabby Pickle Designs*::*Quick Pages & Albums*::*Laitha's Dream Within a Dream - Quick Pages with Lilacs In Bloom
January 2nd, 2011, 08:21 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
I can't get into photoshop either, it's too complicated for me, I use Storybook Creator by Creative Memories. We just came out with a verision for MAC & you download a free verision here. Check it out!
January 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before I was doing digiscrapping, I printed books on Shutterfly. They have those pages that you can just stick a picture in, but it lacked any creativity. I moved to this because I couldn't do what I wanted on their pages.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

January 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
I just tried that link I posted to make sure that it worked, & it isn't to the free verision. I'm still hunting for that. Lol. Sorry.

My name is April, I am a WAHM for 2 beautiful children Liberty (5) & Kadin (2).
January 4th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I found it! Yippee! Try This
January 5th, 2011, 05:18 PM
April are you a consultant?
I was years ago and I have the original stuff but I can't use it on my MAC. I don't keep up with CM much anymore and will try that link in the next couple days when I get home. I am at work right now. Thanks so much ladies for all the help. I will pop to some of the sites and see what I can do.

January 5th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Yes, I'm a consultant. Our MAC program just launched in November, I've heard some great things about it. CM has come a long way in just the few years that I have gotten involved. I hope it is something you will find useful.
January 5th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Hi, I also had trouble with photoshop, I use scrapbookmax ital here is muck simpler to use and I love it
Free trial here
Free Digital Scrapbooking Software Trial | Scrapbook MAX! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search