January Updates

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2011, 10:35 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
If you post something on like Facebook or Twitter, copy it and come by here and paste it in this thread! Or just come here and post a little update once or twice a day. Some of us might not have enough new to post a whole new post, or not enough time, so just think of this as a quicky so we can keep up with each other during this month.
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
January 1st, 2011, 11:31 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
FB: Still in jammies.....anyone got some motivation to spare?

January 1st, 2011, 08:57 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
just climbed into bed to scrap, but I can't keep my eyes open. :yawn:
January 1st, 2011, 09:14 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tired of my husband and Mckenzie being sick. Doug is being the biggest baby and I lost all sympathy for him when he woke me up early this morning to call the advice nurse because his ear hurt SO BAD. She told him to wait and make an appointment today, which I did later, and he doesn't even have a friggin ear infection. Stop being a baby!!! Mckenzie HAS an ear infection and isn't acting like he is. Uggghhhh! I am going to lose it!

*****Sorry, vent over! ******

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

January 1st, 2011, 09:30 PM
Let's see what have I done today??
I didn't get to sleep late with all three kids home on a Saturday that's for darn sure.
I finished up the double page I started last night.
Got pictures of the kids, mainly individual ones of the boys for a new project I'm working on. There own scrapbook for this year with a picture of them every week.
Went to a birthday party for the boy my mom watches.
Went out to eat for John's birthday (it's tomorrow). Took him to Best Buy to get his present. And then watched the Last Airbender. ((cough *the real Avatar - screw those tall blue people* cough))
Now I'm getting ready to do my first official 365 blog post.
I have had a productive day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Kat View Post
FB: Still in jammies.....anyone got some motivation to spare?
Nope. I need mine to keep me on ball!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilJanellieBellie View Post
just climbed into bed to scrap, but I can't keep my eyes open. :yawn:
This is why I don't scrap in bed. (not that I could even if I wanted too... )
Quote:
Originally Posted by alilangel7 View Post
Tired of my husband and Mckenzie being sick. Doug is being the biggest baby and I lost all sympathy for him when he woke me up early this morning to call the advice nurse because his ear hurt SO BAD. She told him to wait and make an appointment today, which I did later, and he doesn't even have a friggin ear infection. Stop being a baby!!! Mckenzie HAS an ear infection and isn't acting like he is. Uggghhhh! I am going to lose it!

*****Sorry, vent over! ******
Men are such babies when they are sick. I just don't get it at all.
I hope him and Mckenzie feel better soon!
January 1st, 2011, 11:01 PM
Here's mah new 'do.....the color is brighter IRL but whatev.

January 1st, 2011, 11:04 PM
Cute! Is it more red or orange on the highlights?

Got my blog post done! tutusandsneakers: Day 1 Just got to make sure now I get around to do a New Year's post on my other blog tomorrow.
January 2nd, 2011, 05:58 AM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
Ooh Trish, found a new action maker thanks to your blog post! More money I don't need to spend!

Ben woke up this morning yelling "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!". I swear that kid is totally nuts. Sometimes I wonder how the heck I'm supposed to love ANOTHER kid as much as I love him...I suppose somehow my heart will expand for it.

Speaking of the other kid, we'll never name him or her. We can't agree on names - well, we can agree on a few but none of them really feel "right" the way Ben's name did. And Jon refuses to discuss names seriously until we know what we're having. I'm just too impatient!

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
January 2nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Red. Totally lurves it!

And omg Sara, Ben is just too dang hilarious.

January 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Is Ben anxious for some new candy or something?
I actually found the action maker I used on yesterday's post before I heard of My Four Hen's, it's just her's are sooooo expensive, and she doesn't release new things often.

I got to sleep late today!! It helped that all three kiddos did sleep over last night. Though I did miss snuggly in bed with the Belly Pie this morning.
January 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sara that's too funny about Ben!

Kat, your hair is so cute!

DH goes back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks paternity leave. I've had either my Mom here or DH off work for the entire last month, and I'm scared to start doing everyday life with three kids on my own now!!

Hopefully will get some time to scrap tonight. I'm anxious to get caught up!

January 2nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kat, love your hair!

Lizzy, hope you get time to scrap! Does it feel weird to not go to ES to do stuff?

I have waited 2 weeks to do anything for school. Of course, now I have to do a bunch of crap to do tonight. I think I didn't do because I didn't want to go back to work. I need to find a job that pays the same as me teaching that I can do at home!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

January 2nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks, guys!

I'm totally uber sad bouts ES. I got 'cited when I logged on and saw it was still up til I saw that it was only staying up til the 14th or so.

January 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Finished my Zach double page just a bit ago, now working on Belly's new hat some while I wait for my van to warm up so we can go to my mom's for John's birthday dinner.
January 2nd, 2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah it does feel weird about ES. I haven't been on the team for a few months now, but I will miss checking the new releases there and the dollar days they had. Also the color play was really good, I almost always bought a few things from there every month. I always felt like I could get a pretty cheap kit or two at ES that I liked.

DH fell asleep at 9pm tonight, LAME!! Of course he hasn't been taking naps every day like I have. LOL

Ray is asleep on his tummy which worries me so I keep checking on him every minute or so. He fell asleep nursing lying down and when I got up he kinda rolled from side to tummy and I didn't want him to wake up so I left him in that position. I'll have to move him before I go to bed or I won't be able to sleep!

January 2nd, 2011, 10:06 PM
JMC1988's Avatar * I <3 Jane Austen *
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988
Kat, LOVE, LOVE your hair! Gorgeous!

Nothing much new here with me, except I finally got a raise at work (after 2 years), which I sooo needed and it will take effect this week - which means I can finally pay my car off (4 payments) and start actually *saving* money! Plus, I did indeed get the Cannon Rebel EOS 10.1 megapixel DSLR camera from my parent for Christmas, which I totally was not expecting, as finances have been really, really crummy around here lately. It is still in layaway at the moment, but will be paid out next week!

January 3rd, 2011, 05:44 AM
Lizzy I could never keep mine from sleeping on their tummies...
That's great Jennifer!!! Congrats!!

I had John wake me up at 7 even though there's absolutely no reason to get up. (All kiddos did sleepover at my mom's again)
January 3rd, 2011, 06:40 AM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
I have a doctor appointment next Monday and I just realized that the girls don't have school that day! So I now need to try and find a sitter for them...
January 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
We got marble jars for the kids and when they have really exceptional behavior, or get dressed in the morning/ jammies at night/ brush teeth/ make bed/ etc they get a marble. Also really rude behavior and any violent behavior (hitting pushing biting) warrants immediately removal of one marble. When they fill it up (I'm guessing it will take about a month) Nathaniel gets a new Leapster Explorer game and Mary gets to pick out a toy or activity with Mommy. They are being perfect ANGELS ever since we implemented this!!

Thank goodness for the sling. Raymond has been sleeping in it for 2 hours. I've gotten so much done, including making dinner, vacuuming, and doing dishes!

Trish I like this thread, great idea. You are doing a fantastic job in general by the way!

January 3rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
That's a great idea, Lizzy! Someday when I feel that Ben might understand that (I'm not so sure he would at this point) I might have to try that idea!

Ben just had about a 45 minute long tantrum. He's usually pretty easy to distract from a tantrum but this one just gripped him for a loooong time. See, we went to Target today & since he was being SO good and patient, I decided to pick up a truck for him (he loves his Mack truck from the movie Cars - so I bought him a spare one and then another character). Well, he said which character he wanted, but it was kind of a random one and I *thought* he would prefer a better known one so I bought it. He was happy for awhile, and then started asking to take this one back and get the other (lesser known) one. So Daddy did that (I swear, he's really NOT spoiled as much as this makes it sound like he is) and we packed the other toy back up to return. Well, later he spotted that toy and decided he wanted them BOTH.

Cue huge tantrum when we said no. And then when we finally got him off that, it was bathtime but he didn't want to stop playing which led to ANOTHER tantrum. And then ANOTHER when it was bedtime after the bath.

I am feeling rather frazzled. Much better having gotten that all of my chest!

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search