Tips on blended photos

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2012, 12:40 PM
adi&co.
maybe it's just been awhile, but I tried it last night and just couldn't get it to look right. I can't remember how I use to do it but I had such a hard time! I've not done a blend in forever. Can you give me any tips for next time?

Last edited by adi&co.; June 7th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
June 7th, 2012, 01:13 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
I just mess around with blending modes (I have no idea what they are actually called...but the ones that are like overlay, soft light, hard light, etc) and opacity until it looks right & erase away any hard edges but it has been FOREVER since I have done a blended photo, to be honest! I'll admit it's not my strength.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
June 7th, 2012, 01:24 PM
adi&co.
yeah it's not my strength either. I've seen some amazing blends and i'm always drooling over how awesome it looks and i just can't replicate.
June 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
Do you have any examples of what kind of blend you want? I do pretty much the same as Sara.

June 7th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
That looks pretty good, I think! I usually just mess around a bunch, too, but what I often end up doing is duplicating the layer (even three or more times), and setting each of the different copies to a different blending mode with a different opacity. Sometimes I'll even make one of them black and white or sepia and leave the others in color.

Like, with that particular layout, if you wanted to brighten the blend just a smidge, you could maybe duplicate the layer once and set the copy to Hard Light, but then lower the opacity to maybe 10% or so.

But yeah, the only way to know what works is to just try a bunch of different things. I don't think there's any set method for it.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
June 7th, 2012, 05:37 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
I also make different layer with different amounts of what I want shown in them and layer those up to get different looks.
June 7th, 2012, 07:16 PM
adi&co.
i just need to figure out to erase it right I guess. This is one that I've loved since I saw it:

and I'm slightly embarrassed to post the page I lifted for that one up top since I lifted it so closely but here it is with it's amazing blend

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search