*headdesk*

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
I swear, my 4 year old wants me to be institutionalized by the end of the year. He literally never EVER EVER stays in his room at bedtime. He goes to bed before 8pm and rarely is asleep before 10. And he comes out of his room CONSTANTLY. Nothing works & I have tried it ALL. Naps/no naps, rewards for staying, punishments for coming out, threats, NOTHING works for this stubborn child.

Please pray for me that Matthew is an easier preschooler. I'm almost ready to curl into a fetal position and whimper. Forever.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
August 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
My 3 year old is like that recently. We just converted him from a toddler bed to a twin & I think that has a lot to do with it. I can't complain, our DD had to lay with DH every night to fall asleep, so now I feel it's just his turn. Lol
August 18th, 2012, 07:47 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Well... we had to put a heavy duty child gate across Bella's door to keep her in bed. My mom had to turn the door knob around on my younger brother's room and literally lock him in. And before anyone gets up in arms about that - it was actually safer for him. He had a bad habit of going out the front door alone (he learned to work a lock by like 2....). She'd unlock it when he finally fell asleep and then lock it back when she went to bed.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
August 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
I was just going to suggest the lock. We had to do that with Cadence. She would NOT stay in her room. We tried everything and nothing worked. Brody was just about 3 months old, had bad colic and was up all night. I literally did not sleep in my bed at all. I would go from feeding/soothing Brody back to Cadence's room where I would end up falling asleep on the floor waiting for her to sleep until DH would come in and wake me up to go back with Brody.
September 7th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we also turn the locks around on all the kids' doors until they're old enough to stay in their rooms-safer for us-better than them wandering out at 2am and freezing in the backyard-gruesome but its happened before out here
From experience, they try the lock the first two nights then learn to stay in bed until morning time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search