Rump-A-Rooz OS Aplix

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I can't really give a complete review, as we didn't keep it. It was really ill-fitting on her. It's really well-made, the materials and construction are very nice. The biggest flaw I found to be the stretchy tabs. They are too stretchy. You'll see what I mean in these pics taken over about 5 minutes, it didn't take long to see that it wasn't a good fit on her

A new diaper, I'm so excited! It's so pretty! I want to try it on right now!

Nice soft inside, pretty and colorful outside.

Hmmm, not sure about it on. A little wide in the crotch. The stretch tabs are kinda too stretchy and slippy to keep it snug. The wings keep sliding down so it bunches up and gaps at the thighs.

Sitting up and moving around really messes up the stretchy tabs. And the back rides up, that doesn't looks so good!

After a little moving around, it's all bunched up now, and the waist is gaping. Such a cute bum though!

Really not liking how high the back rides up.

Look what happens after rolling around in it too. Bunching and wing droop :(

Nice gussets inside it! But I wish there was something covering that pocket opening.

Hmmm, nope, not a keeper. Too bad, it sure is cute.

Here are the pics I used to list it FSOT so you can see it close up. Maybe it would work better on a different body type - maybe a chubbier not so squirmy baby. Sadly, not mine.

It came with Thirsties hemp or micrifibre inserts. I chose hemp. One is fleece, the other terry.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
May 10th, 2008, 05:14 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the pictures really do say a thousand words! On the other hand Sydda really is a great ham! Her hamming it up gets 5 pins from me!

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

May 29th, 2008, 11:28 PM
godessroxie's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to godessroxie
I also got that same diaper and when I opened I thought it was so pretty But it didn't fit well at all I had a few snaps coming also and they do fit a little better but DD only has worn them once so I will see how they do.
June 23rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I'll add my review of the snapping ones... Similar issues with fit. Found it to be way bulky, wouldn't stay snapped down on the rise and the tabs stretched the wrong direction, gapped at the waist in front.

Cute diaper, well made, but didn't like the fit at all.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

June 24th, 2008, 09:03 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have this one too. Well different print. The tabs are too stretchy! Way too bulky! And the velcro tabs wont stay closed for me

August 18th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I have one of these too (different print) and I love the diaper, but not the aplix. It doesn't stay attached to the laundry tabs in the wash and it doesn't allow for the best fit. I want to try the snap version!

September 5th, 2008, 03:46 PM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got one aplix and two snaps. I put the aplix on DD this morning, seemed fine, I didn't notice a lot of bulk but then again she'd just come out of a double stuffed nighttime dipe! I definitely didn't notice it being that bulky between her legs though.

She then went to my mom's, so I asked my mom how it was, any leaks, etc. and she said it was a nice diaper. However, Kenz is only 8 months old so isn't running all over the place, and she had pants on over top so those two things may have helped keep it in place better. I did have the taps overlaping to be snug around her tummy. I'll try the snap ones this weekend and post again.

No rating yet

September 20th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Okay, after much more use i give them 3.5 pins

I use the aplix one for overnight, works well. Seems to stay done up just fine for this use. Still don't like the teeny laundry tabs but oh well, I just have to be careful about getting them on right. Besides, if DH changes her in the morning he never sticks them on the BG3.0s either so what's the difference?

The two minkees I have are snaps. They are very bulky if you use the long insert. I've eliminated a lot of the bulk by snapping the rise down one level and using a shorter insert. Still bulkier than an FB but then most things are! I usually use my minkees under dresses anyways so the added thickness isn't too much of an issue.

Overall, they seem to work fine for us. I don't know that I'll buy any more, but I won't be getting rid of the ones I have.

May 24th, 2009, 12:33 PM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
These must be the G1 diapers from them? I do not have a single one of those issues with my G2 diaper and mine came with their brand inserts......... They fit great on my LO and I started using them at 4 months.

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
May 25th, 2009, 12:15 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I have some G1s in snaps....I give them 4 pins. They fit DS (4m, 17lbs) great and work well. They are just a tad on the bulky side.

May 29th, 2009, 10:56 AM
the ones i have are the G1. I would love to try a G2! mmmm that bubblegum one coming out is soooo cute. may have to preorder!

December 18th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I have to agree with Katrina. I have the G2 in snaps and I love, love, love them. These are definitely my go-to diaper every time. Unfortunately, we only own two I'd love to have more. They're just a bit expensive.
March 19th, 2010, 06:07 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have 1 G2 and LOVE it. If I could afford it my whole stash would be those.

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

April 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
I agree the G2 is amazing. I only have one sadly(snaps). I'm hoping to get some more before Zeke is born. No bulk, very cute, very soft, great fit. 5 pins from me.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

August 23rd, 2010, 07:53 PM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also give the G2 5 pins. I LOVE this diaper. The material is top notch, the inserts are good and the velcro is great. I love the fit and of course, the adorable prints. I would have nothing but RAR if I could afford it.

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.
September 7th, 2010, 03:47 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love them too.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search