Cloth-eez aka GMD Prefolds

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2008, 10:35 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><

How GMDs measure up to other prefolds[/b]

Length Comparison

Shortest to longest:
GMD unbleached Red edge
GMD white Red edge
GMD Rainbow edge
GMD white Brown edge
GMD unbleached Brown edge
Little-Lions dyed unbleached Premium
Little-Lions unbleached Premium
Baby's Textiles unbleached dyed Premium

Width comparison

Narrowest to widest, Left to Rig
Baby's Textiles dyed unbleached Premium
Little-Lions dyed Premium
GMD unbleached Red edge
GMD Rainbow edge
GMD white Red edge
GMD white Brown edge

Just a pic of the different sergings, corner to corner ;)

How they compare on a child

Here are pictures of each pefold on my 17 month old 21 lb baby. I used the reverse newspaper for those that needed length folded down so you can get a true comparison of how they fit with the same fold.

Little-Lions Unbleached Premium, GMD Rainbow Short
The L-L still needs to be folded down several inches, even though they are beginning to get small around. The Rainbow Shorts have long been our favorite prefold - the perfect rise with no folding down, and wider around than the average prefold. They are no longer made, but the new Reds are the perfect replacement!

Unbleached Red edge, White Red edge

Unbleached Brown edge, White Brown edge - see how these come almost up to her navel, as compared to the Red above? If I were pinning, I could probably even overlap the edges at her middle - they can really stretch wide. Not too wide at the crotch if you trifold them completely. Both still fit just fine under a medium Bummis Super Whisper Wrap.

Dyed Little-Lions Premium, Dyed Baby's Textiles Unbleached Premium
Because of the excess length that must be folded down, bulkier than both the Reds and the Browns

Overall, after many washes, the unbleached GMD Cloth-eez are hands down my favorite. They do stay softer than the white. Love them!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

September 12th, 2008, 06:46 AM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered

Great info, thanks!

I wanted to add that I love these dipes, too. I've only used the brown edged ones, but liked how soft, fluffy and how they fit so well, I bought newbown orange and yellow for my prego sis and SIL.

Here are Bryce, who was 13 or so months old at the time and Dev about 2 1/2 both in a GMD brown edged PF.

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

October 25th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Newbies
Wow! You have done your research... Thanks... so helpful!

Quote:

How GMDs measure up to other prefolds[/b]

Length Comparison

Shortest to longest:
GMD unbleached Red edge
GMD white Red edge
GMD Rainbow edge
GMD white Brown edge
Little-Lions dyed unbleached Premium
Baby's Textiles unbleached dyed Premium

Width comparison

Narrowest to widest, Left to Rig
Baby's Textiles dyed unbleached Premium
Little-Lions dyed Premium
GMD unbleached Red edge
GMD Rainbow edge
GMD white Red edge
GMD white Brown edge

Just a pic of the different sergings, corner to corner

How they compare on a child

Here are pictures of each pefold on my 17 month old 21 lb baby. I used the reverse newspaper for those that needed length folded down so you can get a true comparison of how they fit with the same fold.

Little-Lions Unbleached Premium, GMD Rainbow Short
The L-L still needs to be folded down several inches, even though they are beginning to get small around. The Rainbow Shorts have long been our favorite prefold - the perfect rise with no folding down, and wider around than the average prefold. They are no longer made, but the new Reds are the perfect replacement!

Unbleached Red edge, White Red edge

Unbleached Brown edge, White Brown edge - see how these come almost up to her navel, as compared to the Red above? If I were pinning, I could probably even overlap the edges at her middle - they can really stretch wide. Not too wide at the crotch if you trifold them completely. Both still fit just fine under a medium Bummis Super Whisper Wrap.

Dyed Little-Lions Premium, Dyed Baby's Textiles Unbleached Premium
Because of the excess length that must be folded down, bulkier than both the Reds and the Browns

Overall, after many washes, the unbleached GMD Cloth-eez are hands down my favorite. They do stay softer than the white. Love them!
[/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search