Blessed Bottoms

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
Snakes-n-Snails
Blessed Bottoms online

5 pins! I love, love, love my Blessed Bottoms. I got the front snap pockets and they are great! Very well made, super absorbant, uber-cute, and totally affordable. They fit DS perfectly and he can wear them for hours without leaks. The mama who makes them is also very nice and helpful. I totally recommend them to anyone.

Flag diaper. I love that the inserts match the dipes.

Action shot of Curious George diaper.
March 19th, 2009, 09:01 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
0 stars, thumbs down

I'm getting a bit fed up with this....

1st- I placed my order back in October. I sent her fabric I wanted my CDs made from. She said the wait was 6-8w. I understood. Those 6-8w came and went, no CDs or anything. I wrote her, she told me all bout these things that happened etc. I understood again and waited (since I wasn't due for another month) My LO arrived and no CDs. I wrote her again and she mentioned more stuff came up with her pregnancy and DC....so for my patience she gave me free detergent and uped half my order to double sizes instead of smalls. I understood and was thankful she att lest did that but still thought my wait was ridiculous. wrote her again since she said they'd be done in a week and it was a month later, she said they were shipped. I just received them last week!!! (i wish after the 8w passed i asked for a refund and my fabric back and got another WAHM to do it)

2ndly- the 6 AIOs I got, I followed her method of washing instructions for her CDs and they are all bunched. Ya know the absorbent inside layer thingy, it's not straight and flat.

(the absorbent layer is the dark thing in the pics, I think it's blue....) link to pic: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...f/IMG_6871.jpg

She stitches an I to sew in the absorbent layer....she needs to change her design...I've never had this happen before with my thirsties or BGs...and those aren't sewn in as Is.

Can you ladies see how they are bunched up??? she says they look normal/fine and she never had issues.

My pockets are fine, cause you stick the double/absorbent layer inside.....

So I wrote her telling her this....and she said she could only give me $6 because they are washed. NOT worn at all!!!! just washed. I paid $15 for each AIO and I sent my own fabric I bought to her. So I'm out $50+ for the diapers not including postage or fabric costs!!!

Here's what she said to me:
"Well,I don't have an answer for the bunched fabric.. I have several AIO's here for my own daughter that are made the same and they didn't do that.. SO.. I can't say why they did that to you.. I'm sorry..
The only answer or solution I can give is if your interested is sending them back and selling them to me as seconds since they have been washed..I can't sell them as new since they are washed......"

next message from her:
"I originally wrote and offered you a full refund if the diapers were unwashed.. and didn't fit. I understand you had no issues with the diapers prior to washing.. Possibly they are bunched up from the fabric shrinking in the wash..Bum Genius and other diapers don't have a cottony outside they are polyester.. which doesn't shrink..Again this is just a guess..As far as a full refund goes..Now that the diapers are washed I can only sell them as "used"..how does another mommy know you didn't put them on your LO..

If you prefer you can send me back the diapers and I will inspect them for defects. I would follow the same requirements and resolutions offered in the Bum Genius stated warranty. Honestly, from the pictures you sent, I see nothing unusual at this point with your diapers but without seeing them for myself it's hard to say.. "

I'm really not happy....not happy I waited this long....that's ridiciulous, I was trying to be an understanding person...grrr. If I would have known this was going to happen and I'd be out money and diapers I would have NEVER ordered them. (she was recommended to me by someone)

I just want others to be aware of this issue and this WAHM.

So I don't know what to do! DH says it's not worth it...jsut forgot about it, we now know to not but from her. If I take her 1st offer of the $6 per diaper, that's $36....not including how much it would cost me to ship back to her. grrrr. or if I take her 2nd offer of her replacing it if she sees an issue- she can't see it in the pic?? I can!! can you?? I don't want a replacement, I don't really want her CDs, afraid this would happen again, it's ridiclous and I won't have these fabrics either! grrrr. or if she tells me how to fix it, I can't, won't be able to, I don't have a sewing me and I think the only way to fix it is to cut it open and what not.

Sorry for the long vent...I'm just not a happy CDer mama right now!

I am never buying from her again!!!!! I wish someone would have warned me....so I'm warning you ladies about my experience. Save yourselves.

March 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. That stinks.

I am going to have to retract a few of my pins too. I had an issue with the PUL in one of my diapers that I'd only had a few month (3, I think). I emailed Melissa about it and she basically told me to deal with it. She said it was probably my fault for washing or drying it too hot and that she would give me $3 off another, if I wanted to order. I didn't want to, so now I have a custom-embroidered diaper with Quinn's name that is useless to me. It sucks.
March 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM
MommyTatt's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't own any of these but I did have the oppertunity to see them and how they are constructed when I repaired Lindsey's diapers. I have to say to start with the insides being bunchy are not just from the fact that they are sewn incorrectly in an I pattern but also the fact that the layers aren't cut the same sizes or shapes, several had untacked down material that naturally rolls and would be very uncomfortable. Also the amount of untrimmed threads on them was surprising. that amount after several washings will ball up and create another comfort issue.
I make diapers for my son and am very familiar from experimenting with what works and what doesn't. These diapers though very cute in my opinion were not put together all that well. That topped with the long wait time and poor customer service raises all the red flags in my mind as one to stay away from.

I have learned alot over the years but the best thing I have learned is I love... sloppy baby kisses, messy handed hugs, tooth paste pictures drawn for me on the mirror,that a dandylion bouquet is prettier then roses anyday and most of all I have learned there is no love like that of a child!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search