Gro Baby o/s

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2009, 06:52 PM
mystimay's Avatar Queen LaClotha
Send a message via Yahoo to mystimay

Sawyer is 4 months old, and weighs over 15 pounds.

My review ...
(I should also add I didn't use the doubler .. as you can see in the pic)
It's ok. LOL ...
good -
*Very absorbent
*no gaping
*soft aplix (uno how some are stiff at the top .. and dig in to bub a bit?? This one is soft and pliable and comfy looking)
*mesh is soft .. not 'mesh-y feeling'
*The insert has some gathering gussets ... that's R A D.

not so good, but not bad -
*Applix ... I just like snaps
*The laundry tabs didn't stick to well, and one prep was through, they had come undone and stuck to the mesh*
*a bit bulky in the bootie (not ... bad just bulky, seems more so then BG, but it's debatable)
*the 'outer' is supposed to stay dry, I was very careful how I placed the insert, but the mesh was still damp (it wasn't repelling, I washed it 5 times .. but ... maybe it still needs some more prepping?!)

Complete review ... it's cool, it's not 'revolutionary', but it's super absorbent, cute, and the idea of snapping in soakers makes it very affordable. It's VERY well made, and you can definately tell a mama put a LOT of time into it. Just as with every diaper, what works for me, might not for another, I just thought i'd offer my experience
I will update as we use it more, but as of right now I like it .. but it doesn't touch a fitted with a cover

If you want more pics, feel free to ask.

April 8th, 2009, 07:35 PM
isolt's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to isolt
OK, so I will do the same thing. Pros and cons from my usage.

Pros- Soft aplix. Won't scratch baby's tummy
- Doesn't have visible Aplix, which I hate. In some OS the velcro/ aplix becomes visible and I think it is tacky.
- SOFT soakers/ boosters. Just from prepping they were very soft, and they are organic cotton.
- Love the colors. They are different that most CD choices, very bold and modern IMO.
- Affordable. I think the price is great for the product. It isn't cheap but if you were to have a stash of these it would be affordable.
- Easy to put on and off and highly adjustable since the whole front is stickyable.
- Love the gathered soaker.

Cons- I found on the smallest snap setting the soaker was bulky no matter how I tried it. Folded or "squished" in like the suggest. On the second setting it is good.
- The mesh inner did feel damp after I took the soaker out. But if you let it air dry and switch between two covers this wouldn't be a huge problem.
- Even though my tabs stuck during the wash, any of my other velcro diapers that had come undone attracted to the mesh inner. I worry about it long term.
- Off white snaps- I am not a fan of snaps that don't match the color of the diaper. I wish this were an option, then it would be a BIG win for me.

So far that is all I can offer. They were absorbent and no leaks. They look great. And they may become my diaper bag diaper now. I hear they will be coming out with a vanilla snaps version in June and offer snap conversion. i also hear their CS is outstanding, which is a plus. The mama has been on DS talking with people and answering questions. They are also going to come out with soakers that have a stay dry liner for naps or overnight so the baby won't feel wet. And also they are probably coming out with disposable liners for traveling.

I will update after I try them overnight and after they have been in rotation for a while, but I love them so far.

OK, so I will do the same thing. Pros and cons from my usage.

Pros- Soft aplix. Won't scratch baby's tummy
- Doesn't have visible Aplix, which I hate. In some OS the velcro/ aplix becomes visible and I think it is tacky.
- SOFT soakers/ boosters. Just from prepping they were very soft, and they are organic cotton.
- Love the colors. They are different that most CD choices, very bold and modern IMO.
- Affordable. I think the price is great for the product. It isn't cheap but if you were to have a stash of these it would be affordable.
- Easy to put on and off and highly adjustable since the whole front is stickyable.
- Love the gathered soaker.

Cons- I found on the smallest snap setting the soaker was bulky no matter how I tried it. Folded or "squished" in like the suggest. On the second setting it is good.
- The mesh inner did feel damp after I took the soaker out. But if you let it air dry and switch between two covers this wouldn't be a huge problem.
- Even though my tabs stuck during the wash, any of my other velcro diapers that had come undone attracted to the mesh inner. I worry about it long term.
- Off white snaps- I am not a fan of snaps that don't match the color of the diaper. I wish this were an option, then it would be a BIG win for me.

So far that is all I can offer. They were absorbent and no leaks. They look great. And they may become my diaper bag diaper now. I hear they will be coming out with a vanilla snaps version in June and offer snap conversion. i also hear their CS is outstanding, which is a plus. The mama has been on DS talking with people and answering questions. They are also going to come out with soakers that have a stay dry liner for naps or overnight so the baby won't feel wet. And also they are probably coming out with disposable liners for traveling.

I will update after I try them overnight and after they have been in rotation for a while, but I love them so far.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

April 8th, 2009, 07:45 PM
mystimay's Avatar Queen LaClotha
Send a message via Yahoo to mystimay
Sounds like we have the same review it's a GREAT diaper bag diaper (we go coverless or fleece at home soo ....

April 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
isolt's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to isolt
ok, the video review is finally done. I hope it looks ok, it was my first time editing a video.

Dirty Diaper Laundry

it is right on the front page.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

April 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Thank you for your reviews. I think these look pretty cool - how do you think they'd do for a newborn?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search