Kawaii Heavy Duty OS with velcro

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM
sugary~snails's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788610&page=2
this is the review i read on DS..all 72 pages. there are mixed reviews. here is mine.

I bought this diaper off of eBay, the seller is mayflower_garden. my first round was 11 diapers with 20 inserts for 65.00.
here is the website for the Kawaii brand
www.theluvyourbaby.com
It is generally a little more expensive to buy directly from the website.

They advertise them as a AIO..however they are exactly like a BG 3.0. I am stll
new to Cloth diapering, so this confuses me.

The prep is simple, they are so easy to stuff.
My daughter is 17 pounds 10 oz and fits on the medium setting..this girl has thighs.
In the BG 3.0 she is on the largest.
When compared to a BG 3.0 it is about 2 inches longer.

There are no laundry tabs, so i have had to improvise, this is what i have come up with

So far this method isn't hurting the material to the cover..but i do suspect it
is not the greatest solution for the velcro. I am still investigating my options.
The seller will have laundry tabs added in march.
I do find that the velcro is ALOT stronger then that of the BG 3.0...however like stated above
I am goign to have to figure something out for the laundry tabs. (being new to cloth diapers you should have seen the mess
I had during the prep..before i discovered the purpose of a laundry tab )

So far I have had nothing but success with these diapers. They hold up well during the night. I like their liners
alot more than the BG 3.0's. They only require one liner at night (for my daughter)

I accidently used a BG liner once, and my daughter soiled where it wasnt protected, and still no leak.

The fit around hte waist can easily be set to tight, so you will want to watch for that.
here is a picture of my DD in the Royal Blue one, on the medium setting

edited to add, i give it 4 pins. i would five if there were laundry tabs.

Last edited by sugary~snails; January 9th, 2010 at 09:28 PM.
January 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM
~*~Tracy~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just started using the snap ones yesterday, I'm very impressed so far!

Tracy, Mom to 4 wonderful boys!!
January 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Tracy~*~ View Post
I just started using the snap ones yesterday, I'm very impressed so far!
YAY!

Yesterday one of the bands on the diaper snapped, the one that opens for the liner. I contacted the seller from Ebay, and she is issuing a refund. It is still a fairly new diaper, so they are VERY concerned with customer satisfaction.
I want to try the snap ones, let me know how you like them in a few weeks

Last edited by sugary~snails; January 13th, 2010 at 09:05 AM.
January 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I've got a couple that I was given by an awesome DS mama, and love them, my 17lb 12oz daughter is still on the smallest setting. Mine are used and the elastic is relaxed in the 2 usable ones (I have 4, 2 are shot for now) and they still work well. But I agree that they need laundry tabs, but I'm adding snaps in a couple weeks when I get my snap pliers.

January 21st, 2010, 09:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im new to cd'ing too! I litterly thought about cding at the begining of this month.

My first Cd purchase was the KAWAII which i just got yesterday and Im very very impress , even though i have nothing to compare it too (waiting for the others to get here) i love them already.

I got the snazzy minky AIO and they are super super soft here some pics that i posted on my ddc

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...pic-heavy.html

I also read abou them on the diaper swapper and after reading the entire 80 pg i knew these had to be my first purchase.

Ive heard nothing but good reviews on these and thats why it was my first choice to purchase and it was good on the wallet

January 22nd, 2010, 05:36 AM
I SOOO want to try their minkys. I will be ordering some. I jsut got another 16 of the heavy duty ones. CDing is addictive!
January 22nd, 2010, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
you should def try them they are so cute and really really soft! and they wash well and dry pretty fast the dip and the insert.

and yes it is addicting!! i have llike 20 cloth diaper websites save to my Favorites that im constanly on and i havent even started cding , im waiting for my or diaper to come in so start and i still have some sposies to get rid of.

Right now i only have 11 AIO minky and 2 thursties cover w/6 prefolds (which are too small for baby so order one of thoes pkg that has a lil bit of everything.

Ill probley post pic of my lil started stash.

February 5th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Amylizz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for the great review! Would you recommend these for us just starting out? We decided to make the switch a couple days ago. I haven't ordered anything yet, so much to read! Do they have strong elastic at the waist? Abbey is the blowout queen I need to look up laundry tabs, have no idea what they are *blush*

February 6th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Mama2Nico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amy...I have no clue what laundry tabs are either.

We are also new to CD'ing. I have one BG AIO organic so far, but I have some of the Kawaii on the way. Trying to decide whether to go all Kawaii or stick with the BG's. The organic AIO's seem bulky yet I find it hard to believe they'll fit Nico until he is 35 lbs. He is only 15 lbs now. Then again, maybe I'm not putting it on right...

Here's his first fluffy pic in the BG Organic AIO - the store in our town only had white or shades of pink in stock, so no fun colors yet

February 6th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Omg nico is adorable....I defintilyrecommend them fornew CD parents..cheaply priced and well made. Laundry tabs are for the velcro..they now have them with tabs..but without it wearsthe velcro faster..and boy the mess that come out of the washer if you do not properly affix them hehe
February 9th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I ordered 12 of the new improved Kawaii's!!! It looks like one might be soft pink, not sure...if so, yay!

February 13th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Mama2Nico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Got my Kawaii today - two are an olive green that I don't like but the others are cute :-) My fault because I just asked for a mix of colors, so I'll probably try to trade/sell the green ones. I got 6 of the regular with velcro and 6 of the over night ones - three have cute animal patterns on them. Going to go wash all but the green ones and hopefully he'll be wearing them soon.

The cloth diaper store by my house hasn't gotten the BG's in yet (organic AIO OS), waiting for those so I can get BG colors other than white.

Last edited by Mama2Nico; February 13th, 2010 at 12:31 PM.
February 13th, 2010, 04:19 PM
oooh I didn't specify what colors I wanted either, I thought they would be the colors in the photo! Oops At least I do like most colors, but would prefer to get at least one pink and one baby blue!

February 16th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got my new minkys well actually just one of the news the others aree the old version.I want to order more SOO ADDICTING!

May 26th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the Kawaii Heavy Duty OS! Quinn started fitting them around 10lb or so and at 12lb is at the smallest setting still. They never leak and contain ebf poo very well. We doublestuff them for overnights. My only critique, as others mentioned, is the lack of laundry tabs.

These are an excellent diaper for the price and I'd recommend them to anyone wanting to try out CDing. I don't think they really fit from 8lb+ though unless your baby has very fat legs.

June 5th, 2010, 10:00 PM
**Nicole**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i love my Kawaii and would never want anything else i dont even want to think of trying anything else thanks amanda for starting me on them

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search