recommendations for newborns?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM
mamakelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey girls, I cloth diapered my DD2 from about 8 months on due to her skin being sensitive and reacting to the disposables. Anyways, Im pregnant with #3 due in Nov. and was curious what diapers you girls would recommend for a newborn? We used happy heiney velcro pocket diapers with my DD and there was some leakage, especially at bedtime and naptime. I want to cloth diaper this baby from the beginning, I dont even want to mess with the disposables.

July 19th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I'd have to say FuzziBunz OS. They fit babies 7-35 lbs so you should be able to use them up until your DD can use the potty. And the inserts are very absorbent and fit really nicely inside the diaper so you should have no problem with leaks. The only time my LO has leaked is at night when changing was less frequent (around 3 mos old), and I just added a slim hemp doubler and no more leaks!
July 22nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
CaitBellLeighMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the newborn stage, I've always had itty bitty babies (my biggest being 6.bs3oz) so OS never worked for us until a few months old, if at all.

But for newborn, I really preferred prefolds and covers and/or fitteds/covers.

I love Bummis and thirsties covers and kissuluv 0's for fitteds.

My 365 challenge My "Mommy" blog
No One can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

July 23rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
BG xsmall and small, Thirsties xsmall and small are what we loved the most! (I got a Rumparooz lil joey to try this time around as well)

March 20th, 2011, 08:08 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Rumparooz OS pockets start fitting MUCH smaller than most other OS diapers. My friend uses them on her (small) NB's, and they're great!

I used GreenMountainDiaper's Clooth-eez NB Prefolds, and NB Bummis Super Bright covers on both my boys (DS1- 6 1/2ibs, DS2- 8 1/2lbs) with no problems.

Thirsties XS & Duo wraps fit ok on DS2, but not at all for DS1. Bummis Super brights are the only way to go for small newborns in my opinion!

June 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
For newborns, nothing beats the Kissaluvs Size 0 with a Thirsties cover. They are made especially for newborns with a snap down front to allow for healing of the umbilical cord. They are also awesome at keeping in the runny newborn blowouts.

http://nellsnaturalbaby.com
July 6th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My LO was 5lbs 11oz and has been in tiny g's the whole time. We use the flushies in them but I have been told the gerber prefolds work AWESOME. Anyhow, no leaks except when my mom put it on and she didn't have a clue! They always keep in the big poops and the flushies are really absorbant, so I have had no potty leaks either. They also have snaps in the front so they don't irritate the umbilical stump. Which was handy for us because he was so small we had to keep them snapped down for a couple weeks after his stump came off. My favorite thing about them is that if no poo makes it onto the cover, I can just give it a quick sanitizing wipe and use it again!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

Last edited by Tree_Love; July 6th, 2011 at 01:20 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search