Mother-ease Sandys and One Size aka MEOS

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2010, 12:07 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><

5 pins! I heart Mother-ease diapers. I have been using them for over a year now, and I love both the Sandys and MEOS for different reasons.

The Sandys are, to me, the ultimate newborn fitted. I only had 1 of the XS and wish my entire stash had been Sandys. I wasn't unhappy with my KL0s, I loved them, highly recommend them, I just loved the Sandys a wee bit more, because it was side-snapping - no touching a soggy wet front, and they had a higher rise than the KL0s, so while they fit as small a range, IMO they fit longer. Kate outgrew the rise of KL0s at ariund 12 lbs but the XS Sandys fit until around 14 lbs. I don't have a pic of her in it! I only had the one and kept meaning to take a pic "next time" she wore it and didn't realize until after I'd sold it that I never did! Boo. Anyways, the containment is awesome, the softly gathered leg elastic snug but nice and stretchy, the coverage is fab, no poo up the back or belly. They aren't the most absorbent - about the same as a KLO, or really any sized newborn dipe - because they are newborn sized, and less fabric = less absorbency. OS will always be more absorbent but the tradeoff is bulk. In any case, I found with my newborn I didn't really need a whole lot of absorbency because I was changing so often from the many poos. I loved how squishy and soft they were, like little terrycloth pillows for her bum.

Anyhow, since I had a bunch of small Sandys and Kate was a big newborn, I didn't bother ordering more XS, because she fit into the small by a month old, they fit from about 10 lbs. I think she would even have fit in them from birth, but I didn't try them on her until she hit 10 lbs.

I thought they were quite absorbent after a bunch of washings, and have never once in over a year had anything leak from a Sandys - I needed very few covers because really I was able to rotate between 2 all day.
The Sandys are not a trim diaper, they are a full cut cushy puffy bum diaper. Which I think is cute.
1 mo

not sure what age

3 mos

4 mos

5 mos

Thirsties covers work well over Sandys, and of curse Mother-ease Air Flows

Some kids can even train from Small Sandys depending on their build. The elastic is stretchy enough that they can be pulled up and down like trainers. If Kate is very squirmy I snap them up first and then pull them on her.

Here is Kate at 2 mos, 1 year, and her sister at 2˝ in the same Small Sandys

Newborn comparison, on 8˝ lb baby (not mine) MEOS and XS Sandys

Now the MEOS I wasn't too thrilled with at first (but now I love them) They, being OS, are not as simple to use on a squirmy little one, the rise has to be snapped down, and they are front snapping. A bit bulky in the front with all those layers when in the smaller size. But to give them their due, they are very absorbent, don't leak, (love Mother-ease for EBF poo containment) soft and cute, and you can't beat the washability - all cotton, no stink. They dry very quickly for a fitted, even on the line. Now that I don't have to bother with folding over the rise, I love them. (I'm just not a fan of OS in general until my baby is able to use them as Larges.) People do complain that the MEOS have the downside of wing droop since they are front snapping, and we have experienced that here and there. Only if going coverless though, so that's not really been a problem for us, I rarely have her going coverless. I added anti-wing droop snaps to one of mine for if I do want to let her go coverless for airing out or whatever. With the snap in liner MEOS is very absorbent, we use it at night. I love that the soft binding hugs her legs without elastic. When in the unsnapped larger setting, it's very trim. Here are some pics in MEOS:

This is with the rise snapped down in front (the front tabs hide it) Baby is about 14 lbs here

Nice fit around the legs, great containment

Covered with a Medium Air Flow

Air Flow has a nice soft but snug leg, great full coverage cover for fitteds

Even though the snap-down rise is bulky in the front, it's not so bulky baby can't eat her toes

About 20 lbs here

And an Air Flow over MEOS at that size.

Trim fit on Kate at 24 lbs

Here is it on 30 lb Sydney

Both the MEOS and Sandys come in cotton terry (unbleached, white & colours), bamboo, and organic cotton terry, and the MEOS are also available with a stay-dry lining in the regular cotton terry variety.
I have some of all but the stay-dry.

Bamboo is the softest overall. Even line drying, it is not at all crunchy. Bamboo and Organic cotton take longer to dry than regular cotton terry. Organic is a bit thicker than regular cotton terry so bulkier. Organic and bamboo are said to wear out faster than cotton terry, but mine have yet to show wear in any variety. Bamboo sheds lint quite a bit at first. Bamboo, to me, feels wetter when wet than the cotton does, I can't explain that any better, sorry, but baby didn't seem to notice. Bamboo also holds stains more. Cotton and Organic cotton wash and rinse so easily, no stains. Bamboo seems stretchier than cotton. The colours stay vibrant wash after wash. The unbleached and white cotton start out ecru coloured and off-white, but end up barely discernible from each other pretty quickly. I have never had an issue with a snap or flaw with any of them. Overall, I love them all!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search