Gpants diaper?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't see a review for these with the gcloth inserts...

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with them feel free to let me know I just got two in the mail today so I will review tomorrow....

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
November 6th, 2010, 07:58 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They didnt work well for us at all. They constantly leaked and didn't offer a good fit, they were also a PAIN in the butt to wash. I hated having to unsnap the inner shell from the outer and tuck the velco back and then having to put them back together after they were washed.... too much work!

November 7th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not having leaks around the legs, but it just seems as if after she pees unless I change immediately the whole outside of the diaper starts feeling damp - ewwww. I guess it is okay for a day time diaper if you change super often and really keep an eye out to change soon after a pee, but I honestly just don't have the time for that Would never trust enough to try over night lol!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
November 18th, 2010, 11:39 AM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
I used these a couple of times and passed them on. I even tried their new reusable insert and it was terrible. I kept the reusable inserts and use them as a doubler for my overnight diapers. Other than being really cute, they are pretty bad diapers.

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

February 21st, 2011, 08:46 PM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
I got some on loan from a lady here, HATE them. Josie is kind of skinny, so no matter how tight I put them on, they gap at the legs somewhere and leak. And expecting you to velcro them in back, while a good idea for a baby who can undo the diaper, is just dumb. It's hard enough to get her to lay still on her back while I velcro in the front. They are a bad shape in general, they are basically a rectangle. And I have medium diapers and the medium/large inserts and the insert is too large, so I kind of have to stuff them in and they crunch up in places, which leaves bits of the vinyl exposed. I used them once, and will be returning them to the lady who loaned them to me. And I agree with PP, the snapping/unsnapping is super lame.

February 21st, 2011, 09:34 PM
meamommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm I was just wondering about these so glad I saw this!
Ethan 5/23/07 5 lbs 8 oz 17 inches
Amelia Jane 10/25/10 5 lbs 14 oz 18 inches

February 25th, 2011, 06:39 PM
MrsR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been doing some reading on cloth diapers and I was so gung-ho to try these. I'm so glad I came here first! You ladies have just saved me a lot of money.

Thank you so much to tasha_mae for my adorable signature!

March 25th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Crystal O_o's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought 12 of the small inserts to use with my small rumperooz covers. I am really hoping they work since my flip inserts are really big. The gcloth diapers them self I didn't like how cheaply made they were.

Thank you ~Vicki~ for the wonderful signature.
Check out my etsy store for handmade boutique baby items http://MistyDaysBoutique.etsy.com
April 11th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Lenae's Avatar Super Mommy
I recently bought some to get started in cloth diapering, and I'm trying to sell them off now. I LOVE my BumGenius 3.0 and the pocket diapers I have, and the gDiapers are a big disappointment. I change my daughter about every two hours when she's wearing the AIO's or the pockets, but I have to change her every time she pees in the gDiapers, which is about every 45 minutes. They bunch up in the crotch and leak otherwise. I have to use them right now though, because I am just getting started and don't have enough diapers to get through the day witbout them. As soon as I sell them, I'll use that money to fund some more BG or pockets. I'm really disappointed in the gDiapers.
June 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
I have to disagree with the other moms, I LOVE my gDiapers! I didn't find them until my first son was about 8 months, and we used them with the flushable inserts until he potty trained at 2. Now, my second son (9 months) wears them.

Not only are the pants super cute, but the customer service can't be beat. They have 'diaper therapists' on call to help with fit/leak issues, the CEO is always on Facebook answering questions, and they stand by their product 100%.

If my pants ever get wet or dirty, it's user error, not the fault of the diapers. I love that I don't have to wash the WHOLE diaper every time (like AIO), and as far as washing and prepping them goes, it takes only seconds to get them ready for the wash and ready to use again.

As for the fit, they are supposed to be like underwear, not super tight. The velcro in back hasn't ever caused me a problem, and my sons can't undo their diaper easily. As far as having to change right after they pee...well, that's how you're supposed to do it! Do you really let them sit in pee until they've peed a few times? Gross!

Bottom line, I love my gDiapers, along with over 28k people on Facebook. I think if you try them, and get help with fit/leak issues if the arise, you will be happy and your baby's bum will be happy!
June 1st, 2011, 11:29 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else feeling like the last poster is affiliated with the company?
lrowe70 likes this.

June 1st, 2011, 11:31 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's not... I posted this thread on a selling and trading page because I plan to use them and JM seems to hate them. Me and her had a talk about how negative the reviews were and while I haven't started using mine, I have done A LOT of research and I'm confident in my purchases. I felt like I couldn't legitimately defend them yet, so I asked some fan-friends to help me out. One came through.

I just thought they weren't being accurately portrayed, if every person who used gdiapers felt this way about them, they wouldn't still be afloat. I thought they deserved a fair pro/con list on JM.

P.S. Sometimes Kim does reply back to negative posts randomly on the internet, but she does always identify herself. I'm sure she runs a tight integrity ship.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

June 2nd, 2011, 01:05 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fair enough. I've just seen lots of review threads (not so much on JM but other sites) where a product is not loved and someone joins to adamantly defend the product. As someone who reads a ton of reviews before buying things, I tend to blow off the posters with only one post.

I haven't personally tried gDiapers, but several people I know IRL have and not one of them liked them.

June 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I do like the customer service you get on the facebook page, but the diapers really do suck. Every single time I used them, they leaked! I've tried them several times with the same result. They haven't gone out of business so they must work for some people... Maybe my baby is just funny shaped or something...

July 6th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~~Shannon~~* View Post
Fair enough. I've just seen lots of review threads (not so much on JM but other sites) where a product is not loved and someone joins to adamantly defend the product. As someone who reads a ton of reviews before buying things, I tend to blow off the posters with only one post.

I haven't personally tried gDiapers, but several people I know IRL have and not one of them liked them.
Yes, I research a ton and it totally makes sense to ignore single post reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargatemommy View Post
I do like the customer service you get on the facebook page, but the diapers really do suck. Every single time I used them, they leaked! I've tried them several times with the same result. They haven't gone out of business so they must work for some people... Maybe my baby is just funny shaped or something...
I'm sure your baby is perfectly shaped! Sometimes certain CD's don't work well for some people... I know they can leak if the fit isn't just so, a lot of people had to keep at it until they figured out how they work best on their LO.

I have been using the tiny g's (NB size) for 4 weeks and had 1 leak, but it was because my mom put it on with no instruction and just didn't do it right. And she didn't know the boy parts down rule either. But I love them! I have no other CD to compare them to, but they work really well for us and I CANNOT wait for him to grow into the smalls so he can have a cute colorful butt!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
I bought 4 gdipaers along with the 12 cloth inserts and a package of the biodegradable/flushable inserts. With the flushable inserts I had NOTHING but leaks and they bunched up and just didn't fit well. I only tried the cloth with pee and I liked them okay. I plan on using them as doublers in other pocket diapers. But I think I have given up on gdiapers...just keeping them around as extras or just in casers lol.
I do like how soft they are and they do work for a day time diaper..but yeah I wouldn't much trust them for a night time diaper at all. Really the only reason I am keeping them around is because I feel like I wasted so much water and time washing the darn things 6-7 times before using them for the first time:-/

April 27th, 2012, 02:44 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Update - Now that Brenna is a bit bigger I find I like them a bit better. I havnt had any leaks as of lately. I like them for diaper bag diapers since I don't have to carry huge thick diapers. I can carry two g pants and extra snap in and a couple liners and they take up less room both in the wet bag and the diaper bag. I also like how trim they are.
However I do find they make her rashy if she is in them for a while since the inserts bunch and leave her skin exposed to the snap in liner. But like I said I like them for out and about.

April 28th, 2012, 07:39 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I just got some g diapers among others and while my son isnt born yet and i havent started using them yet I have done some reading and a lot of people said how they will leak, but the trick is (supposedly) not to pull the tabs too tight, to just fasten them where they fall naturally and that will provide a better seal and no leaks.
Like I said, havent tried them yet, but just thought I would add that tip and Ill let you all know how it goes when I do get to use them.

April 30th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My friend sent me her newborn stash and I am going to make my own inserts for them to see how I like them. She used the flushable liners but I rather use something I can wash and reuse. I hope it works out well for me since I am going to make my own inserts.
April 30th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherOnTheWay View Post
My friend sent me her newborn stash and I am going to make my own inserts for them to see how I like them. She used the flushable liners but I rather use something I can wash and reuse. I hope it works out well for me since I am going to make my own inserts.
You can use prefolds... Or these

GeffenBaby.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search