My Newborn Cloth review *Pic heavy*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2011, 02:14 PM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mason is 4 weeks old tomorrow! I cannot believe how fast time goes! Anyway, I have been taking pictures of the diapers as I go to share with expecting and new moms to get an idea about sizing and fit. Mason was born at 8lbs 7 oz but when we went home and started cloth diapering he was 8lbs even. He is now 9lbs 8oz, so all these pics are between 8lbs and 9lbs 8oz.

This is one of the new kissaluvs NB AIOs. I love these! They are fvery generous in sizing and Mason still has lots of room in them. The inside of the green ones is yellow which is awsome because there will be no EBF stains to worry about! Mason is a very very heavy wetter and I do find that he soaks these quickly, but there is also enough room inside to add a doubler. here is a more recent pic...

And here is a Kissaluvs NB fitted - first pic is week one, 2nd pic is week 3. These are very soft and seem to be equally as absorbant as the AIOs, maybe a little bit more so. And they fit the same as the AIOs, should fit for another few weeks.

This is a snappi'd infant prefold. (llittle lions)

Lil Joeys. These are great for the first 3 weeks or so. They still fit mason, but the absorbancy is not enough for him sometimes.

And a more recent pic...he is a greasy from his baby massage

Grovia NB AIOs are awsome! They have very generous sizing and great fit and absorbancy. I love these.

This is a cloth dreams xxs fitted. They where great for the first two weeks, but they were too small after that.

Fuzzibunz XS. These are great but I need to double stuff them right now, wish they came with two inserts...I also am not a fan of their velcro - the laundry tabs don't work and they don't stick well. So, if you buy some, get snaps!

Fancy Cloth Baby from HC and Etsy.. These are fabulous! They have hemp inserts and are really absorbant, adorable and very well made AND they will fit for a long time!

I LOVE Happy Heinys minis! These are so great! They fit very well and have two inserts for when the baby starts to wet more...I think Mason will fit in these for another month or two!

Sandys XS. Good fit, cute, absorbant and you can add a doubler when you need it They should fit for another month atleast.

I Love these Imse Vimse newborn covers! The gussets hold even the runniest poo in and the velcro is awsome! Really great fit too, they look huge so I was surprised how well they fit!

Same exact review for the Litewrap covers. I really love these and will buy more in the next size.

This is an Ariana's Clothesline fleece cover/pocket diaper (she is on Etsy) These are very well made and really cute.

Pretty Printed from Etsy. These are made with Premium fleece that is sooo soft. It looks and feels just like minky to me and doesn't pill at all. I love these! Like Arianas these can be a pocket diaper or cover, and she includes a really nice MF insert as well!

Thirsties XS. These are great covers, hold in all messes and have very generous sizing.

Little Lions Cozy Cub fitteds. These have been converted to snaps b/c I hate velcro. They are very soft!!

The only OS diaper I am using...a Jilly Bean (hyena cart) pocket. Sorry its dark it was night and I did not want to blind him with a flash. I really love these; although, they run very small for a OS diaper imho.

This is a HC nb diaper, but I forgot the maker. Mason outgrew these already.

And last, I tried a FB OS and an Itti bitti tutto on him for size. I aslo tried a Katydid (oh katy) on him and it fit very well. BG and Blueberry are still too big and bulky imo.

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.
October 5th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Veteran
Wow!!! Great job taking all those pics while taking care of a NB!!!! Bravo! That's a great mix of diapers too.
October 5th, 2011, 04:20 PM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AHHH!! What a great mix of diapers! LOVE them!
October 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's awesome! I've been trying to take note since I'll need to buy some NB sized when we have our next one. I think I'm pretty sold on the HH minis and the Kissaluv NBs. They seem to get positive reviews.

October 5th, 2011, 04:53 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Loving this thread!!!

I am actually looking to get some more newbie dipes. Kieran is around 9lbs right now and I really am hating washing diapers every single day. So this was VERY helpful for me. I have been considering a couple of the ones you had on that list. But I think I might just go with more HH minis. I love them and you noted they are among your favorites as well. So comparitively, I think I will be happiest sticking with something I know and love.

Mason is a cutie!! Looks like you are enjoying the newbie stage of CDing as well Thank you for taking the time for this thread. I love seeing the fits and sizing compared.
October 5th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I am glad this thread was able to help some of you I spent so much time looking for the right diapers to buy, I knew this kind of review would be helpful

October 5th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for all the cute pics and great NB diaper info!
October 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
aw, Mason is such a little cutie!!!!!! and thanks for sharing those pics - it's great to be able to actually visualise what the diapers look like - and particularly early & then recent photos!

October 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We should sticky this thread! I wanted desperately to see pictures of newborn in cloth when I was pregnant so I could decide if I wanted to invest in newborn diapers!

October 6th, 2011, 07:20 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I LOVE this review! its exactly what I'm been looking for!

<3

<3
October 6th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Loving this thread!!!

I am actually looking to get some more newbie dipes. Kieran is around 9lbs right now and I really am hating washing diapers every single day. So this was VERY helpful for me. I have been considering a couple of the ones you had on that list. But I think I might just go with more HH minis. I love them and you noted they are among your favorites as well. So comparitively, I think I will be happiest sticking with something I know and love.

Mason is a cutie!! Looks like you are enjoying the newbie stage of CDing as well Thank you for taking the time for this thread. I love seeing the fits and sizing compared.
Yeah, I would go with Happy Heinys, they are go great. I am actually buying some more HHs and some FB smalls right now

October 6th, 2011, 08:18 AM
SuJo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great thread, and good work with all the pics! You son is a cutie.
October 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
What a great thread!! Thank you so much. I think this will be so helpful for people.

Mason is super adorable.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
October 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM
fluffycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, this is a great thread! Thanks for posting all of these pictures too, he's so cute!
October 24th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Can this be moved to the cloth review board??

I think I am going to work on adding some pics of the diapers I am using now as well.

October 24th, 2011, 12:35 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am sooo copying you and doing one myself, since we have some dipes you don't have I think it is a great idea. Is Mason out of any of the dipes on your thread? Or can he still wear them all? We just outgrew our first diaper cover (Bummis NB) and it makes me sad!!
October 25th, 2011, 10:01 AM
You should make one Ashlee! It will be so helpful for moms to see how they all fit! He has only outgrown the Lil Joeys - but he is on the last snaps of most diapers and has outgrown absorbancy in alot of them. I acually have sold alot of my newborn stash and switched to one size already! Thats what I am working on now, taking pics of the one size diapers that fit him now - I will add them to this thread. I am really loving the Softbums, Rumparooz and Itti Bitti Tuttos right now!

October 25th, 2011, 11:22 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you guys do this in the reviews section with pics I will <3 you! I am using covers and prefolds at first but we need to decide what we're doing afterwards and the more I can see the fit the better!

BTW he is just too darn cute!

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
October 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Adorable baby!! I love love love seeing newborns in cloth. I wish I'd done it from the beginning with my baby. Great thread. I know it will help a whole lot of mamas.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

June 14th, 2012, 06:00 AM
ericswife11's Avatar twin girls coming soon!
Thank you for this. It was super helpful
Nov, 17 2011 HCG- 149.1
Nov, 19 2011 HCG- 248.1
Said good bye to our 3rd little bean Nov. 27, 2011

Tags
cloth diapering newborn , newborn cloth diapering

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search