Hugga Buns pockets

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2007, 11:17 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
was 4 but am updating my review

I really like how this diaper fits. We have 2 in small, which is supposed to fit 10-20 lbs. 13 lb Sydney is comfortably on the smallest snap setting. I love how these fit her skinny legs snugly but not tightly - they have never leaked. The Hugga Buns come with a hemp tri-fold insert. The outer is PUL, and the 3 colors currently available are a baby blue, sage green, and a really nice pink (very close to bg2.0 blossom). The interior is fleece. The fleece is thicker than the microfleece in our FB and Cubbies though. It is soft, and has never leaked, no complaints there - it just doesn't seem to wick all the moisture into the insert as well as a thinner fleece does - sometimes the lining feels damp to the touch when I change her - about as damp as suedecloth feels to me - though she doesn't fuss when this is wet as she does with suedecloth so I think it still feels fine to her - it's me who is picky. If the fleece had a drier feel this diaper would get 5 pins from me, as the fit and design are excellent, and it's very well-made. I did buy a second one anyways because she doesn't seem to mind it, and it fits her so well. And it's a great price and a local WAHM business! $12.95 each with hemp trifold insert at http://www.huggabuns.com/
<strike>4 pins</strike> 3 pins

3 ˝ mo old 13 lb Sydney in a small green Hugga Buns, and a small pink Hugga Buns. The pink is not as pale as it looks in the pic.

UPDATE 04/11/07 I got another Hugga Buns, a small green, and it fits completely different from our first one. Our pink fits different from both of those. The crotch in the 2nd green one is too narrow for most of my inserts. The first green one was the best fitting. The pink ones fleece has stayed the nicest. I am adjusting my rating to reflect the inconsistency in the fit of these diapers. The WAHM has excellent customer service though, so if you plan to buy a bunch, try each one on before washing to check the fit so if one's off you can exchange it.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
May 2nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2 pins

i bought these after i read picklesmama's 4-pin review before her update. These just totally do not fit my daughter, she is in the lower end of the weight range for mediums but they are way way too high in the rise, and the diaper comes too far down her thigh. The diapers are made nicely but i got a gimpy one, one was mislabeled as large, and there are definate snap irregularities. I get leaks with these diapers too, not quite sure why but im guessing just not a great leg fit. If i do the leg tight its too tight around her waist (thats why i like really low-rise diapers). It could be that she just needs a size small or something.

For some reason she cried EVERY time i put them on. Totally bizarre! She is normally really cheery when i change her. So I take it she finds them uncomfortable or something.

Really though, i think they are quite nice diapers, just totally wrong for her shape!

I'll probably sell the ones i have left, or keep them for the car/stroller/wherever. The hemp inserts are great though and im keeping the ones i have left for sure. If Danielle ever sells the inserts by themselves i'll probably stock up.

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

May 2nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Quote:
The hemp inserts are great though and im keeping the ones i have left for sure. If Danielle ever sells the inserts by themselves i'll probably stock up.[/b]
I emailed her about selling the inserts on their own - she said she would put them on the website, thought i saw them there...

ETA Yep, here they are: http://www.huggabunsstore.superpageshostin...geshosting.c om/

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
May 3rd, 2007, 06:39 AM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
The hemp inserts are great though and im keeping the ones i have left for sure. If Danielle ever sells the inserts by themselves i'll probably stock up.[/b]
I emailed her about selling the inserts on their own - she said she would put them on the website, thought i saw them there...

ETA Yep, here they are: http://www.huggabunsstore.superpageshostin...geshosting.c om/
[/b]
OOOOH! thanks! thats awesome!

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search