Haute Pockets

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2007, 12:42 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 pins

ok. im editing this AGAIN for some very crucial information. The laundry tabs dont hold! Its very annoying. I cant put these in the dryer or they all tangle up and everything sticks in a long chain of diapers and inserts. So if you get these i might suggest snap closures, but crissy didnt like them so i dont know what to suggest. They take about an hour to air dry in the house, probably much less time outside.

PROS B)
-can get option of hook/loop or snap closure
-the laundry tabs are placed in a more logical spot (not behind babys back).
-no middle sizing snap (looks nicer)
-comes with TWO microterry inserts (diaper is much trimmer than BG2.0-OS)
-microfleece is SO soft
-better color selection than BGs
-they hold in blowouts! woohoo!
-also work better overnight than BGs - no wicking and baby's bum was dry!

CONS
-There are no stretchy pully tabs which is a bit of a downside (but thats always where my BGs wick so maybe it is a pro).
-back elastic is too tight
- no middle sizing snap (although it looks better sometimes they bust open because there 2 snaps doesnt hold as well)
-a few of the sample colors not really the same as what the diaper actually looks like

OVERALL - i think i might like the HPs a little more than the BGs. They are easier to stuff but There are certain aspects i like about both of them. If you like the BGs though, there is probably a good chance you will like these, they are so similar, and i definately think the price is right.

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

March 30th, 2007, 01:03 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I can't really give much of a review as we returned ours without using it because it didn't fit her right, so I won't rate it - but having seen and felt the diaper I would probably agree with everything Amanda said in her review. We ordered the snap version - I think I would have preferred the aplix, there were too many snaps for my husband and the fit was awkward and not as adjustable. The two contoured inserts were super cushy. The back elastic was really tight though, left a red mark on her back in the short time she had it on to see how it fit. The fabric was very nice, soft but still felt durable. The fleece was nice and thick, thicker than FB. I didn't like where the pocket opening was, midway up the back - not easily accessible to check for wetness and no flap to keep the insert from touching the baby. I would either prefer a flap or for it to be at the top of the waist. It wasn't for us so we returned it but overall it seemed like a good quality diaper for a baby who it fit properly

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 20th, 2007, 03:55 PM
fullhouseinNov06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my favorite one size diaper so far. Much better than BG 2.0 IMO, even though I liked the BG. I purchased the snap closure, and haven't found it to be hard to figure out. The fit seems a little bit bulkier than BG, probably because of the extra insert. I think I'm only going to add the extra insert at nighttime and see if that helps. The inside is so soft! She seems dryer to the touch after I change her out of this diaper. I haven't had any wicking problems either, which I did have a few times in the BG on the sides. I like that there are more color options, we ordered Berry. We are going to be ordering more of this diaper.

April 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
~Coley125~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Coley125~
where do you get this one?
April 25th, 2007, 02:45 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Quote:
where do you get this one?[/b]
I got mine at Montana's Diaper Store http://mtdiaperstore.com/
Shiping was very reasonable and when it didn't fit her well I returned it for a prmpt refund, no problems

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 27th, 2007, 01:58 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
where do you get this one?[/b]
nickisdiapers.com

I got it in a pocket sampler pack. Havne't tried it yet since little man is still cooking, but it's very cute. The site has good customer service too.

December 18th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
These are the main OS diaper that fills out our stash. We have 18 of them. We have the snap version and love them. They work great. No issues with leaks, low cost (only about $15 per diaper + 2 inserts), great color choices, and even though Devan is huge (17 lbs at 3 1/2 mos.), he is still in the smallest setting on this dipe.

My only complaint would be that the elastic has a tendency to get stretched out. I was able to return one of my dipes that had worn elastic after only a couple of uses. I didn't like the customer service with Haute Pocket that I received so I did my replacement through Kelly's Closet (where I bought the diaper). They replaced it free of charge and paid for my shipping.

All in all, I'd rate this diaper 4 pins.
January 24th, 2010, 05:48 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
I would give Haute Pockets 3 diaper pins.

Pros: Lots of colors to choose from, minimal leaking

cons: the shaped insert is hard to stuff and without the middle snap, it can fit a bit weird as opposed to a BG that has three rows of snaps instead of just two.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
February 26th, 2010, 12:22 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆picklesmama☆ View Post
I can't really give much of a review as we returned ours without using it because it didn't fit her right, so I won't rate it - but having seen and felt the diaper I would probably agree with everything Amanda said in her review. We ordered the snap version - I think I would have preferred the aplix, there were too many snaps for my husband and the fit was awkward and not as adjustable. The two contoured inserts were super cushy. The back elastic was really tight though, left a red mark on her back in the short time she had it on to see how it fit. The fabric was very nice, soft but still felt durable. The fleece was nice and thick, thicker than FB. I didn't like where the pocket opening was, midway up the back - not easily accessible to check for wetness and no flap to keep the insert from touching the baby. I would either prefer a flap or for it to be at the top of the waist. It wasn't for us so we returned it but overall it seemed like a good quality diaper for a baby who it fit properly
Same here. They did not fit my son right at all.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search