baby kangas!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2007, 01:58 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 pins.

baby kangas are a one size pocket diaper with snaps. They are different from other pockets in that the pocket opening is on the outside at the front of the diaper and closes with a zipper. I like that because it keeps the hands cleaner after a messy diaper.

I really like this diaper! But this probably isnt the diaper for skinny legged babies (sorry Crissy!). Chelsea is 17 lbs and on the lowest rise setting. She wears mid rise on BGs and haute pockets, so that was a suprise. The leg gussets in this diaper arent as tight as some other pockets which is why i think babies would have to have chunky thighs to fill them enough. The crotch is narrower, but i can still stuff CBs and wonderfulls inserts in it, but i dont think i could double up which means this probably wont be an overnight diaper. It does seem trim under chelseas pants though which makes it perfect for daytime.

they have very soft fleece lining and i like the colors. i ordered a buttercup and black, and the black has matching black snaps which looks really sharp. Also, they have really nice embroidery options.

this diaper is kind of expensive considering it doesnt come with an insert, but i like the look. i might order a few more, but they wont be a majority in my stash because Im not sure how they'll fit as chelsea grows and her shape changes. ETA - actually im really starting to like these, they might end up being a majority!!!

Bought at Jam Tots (fastest shipping ever!) for 15.95 usd (18.95 cad) without an insert. Also I like how they are made right here in canada!

here's chelsea in buttercup

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

April 14th, 2007, 02:07 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Oh it is cute on her!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
July 3rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you think an infant prefold would fit in the diaper as an insert, since they don't come with one?
August 18th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Do you think an infant prefold would fit in the diaper as an insert, since they don't come with one?[/b]
yup, i have one infant size hemp PF and i use it in them and it fits very nicely! I think it fits if i fold it in thirds...if i am remembering correctly

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

October 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Regular
do you know if you can fit the inserts that belong in Fuzzy Bunz into the Baby Kanga's? I have Fuzzy Bunz for my 1 year old now, so if I buy baby kanga's for my next baby (due June!) I'm wondering if I could just use those because my one year old will likely be outgrown the fuzzy bunz.

Curious if there is someone out there who can answer my question. They seem to be a good buy but too bad they come with no inserts. I really love the Fuzzy Bunz too though.

Thanks.
March 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Elisabeth1017
I bought one of these off of a fellow jm mommy. It works really well for us! Levi weighs 17 pounds and has little bird legs. He also is a side sleeper and nurses all night long so we had been having problems finding something that didn't leak. This worked really well! We have a hemp insert folded into thirds and he is a heavy wetter.
March 24th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Quote:
do you know if you can fit the inserts that belong in Fuzzy Bunz into the Baby Kanga's? I have Fuzzy Bunz for my 1 year old now, so if I buy baby kanga's for my next baby (due June!) I'm wondering if I could just use those because my one year old will likely be outgrown the fuzzy bunz.

Curious if there is someone out there who can answer my question. They seem to be a good buy but too bad they come with no inserts. I really love the Fuzzy Bunz too though.

Thanks.[/b]
yup, they fit in there too, but you may have to fold it over a bit with the small and medium sizes. But they are narrow enough for sure. CBs inserts also fit in. And small wonderfulls, just in case anyone is wondering. Flats too.

May 25th, 2009, 12:33 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I give them 5 pins!

I got one off FSOT in Tangerine and I love it. It's very trim, love all the color choices and love the zippered front pocket. They fit my 4month old 17lb DS great! I stuff them with a hemp insert it came with off FSOT. I def. plan on buying some more.

May 26th, 2009, 03:50 PM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
5 pins here too!

I love how trim they are. They are trim for ANY diaper, let alone a one size!!! We have half a dozen now, I can't believe I waited so long to try them! Right now I have size small FB inserts in them, but am going to try a LoopyDo cause Kenz needs more absorbancy now than a small insert can provide (she's holding her pee longer) I love the ladybug colour - red with black snaps. Very sharp. I agree that they aren't a nighttime diaper.

oh, and she's almost 17 months, 23lbs, 32" and on the second rise setting. These will easily last till PLing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search