Dryer Balls

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2007, 01:53 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
The hardware store had some of those dryer balls "as seen on TV" and they said I could return them if they didn't work so I got some. I was skeptical so I kept the packaging and receipt but I can toss it all now - they work great! I have been hang-drying my fleece and PUL most of the time, and drying inserts, prefolds and fitteds on high. Then usually I need to add an extra 10-15 minutes to get the fitteds and hemp prefolds all the way dry and at that time I toss in the PUL dipes to keep the waterproof seal. Well with the dryer balls everything was dry without adding that extra time! The dryer balls package also claims they make laundry fluffier and static free - well I don't know about fluffier as I didn't do a before comparison but they definitely made good on the static free. Usually the microfibre inserts are all stuck together and to the dryer walls and crackle with static and feel funny to the touch - not after they were dried with the dryer balls Yay! I thought it would be noisy too but they made a very soft thump, not even noticeable with the laundry room door closed. If you need to soften your laundry or reduce static I definitely recommend these

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/dryer_balls.html

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 29th, 2007, 10:27 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second the dryer balls. I had dh pick some up and they are amazing. I can't tell the difference between using the dryer balls and a fabric softener sheet. Awesome.

May 16th, 2007, 06:00 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
LOVE THEM!!!! I use them with the diapers and with my regular laundry too!
May 17th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Mama_Gena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mama_Gena
Grabbed a pair on Mother's Day and I heart mine too!
I haven't tried tennis balls yet, but I hear they work about as well... Can anyone out there confirm that?
May 5th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought the Nellie's dryer balls a few weeks ago--they do "fluff" up my inserts and all of my laundry. I only use fabric softener about half the time, so don't notice any difference in softness, except the jeans are nicer now. I just emailed Nellie's b/c I had a bright idea to throw them into the CD wash to agitate the dipes more in my FL washer, they said it'll be fine, might wear them down a bit faster, my last load of CD's had much fluffier inserts, and nothing was stinky or stained! I love this product!

Lucky mother to five!

May 6th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Soup Dragon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the recommendation, ladies. I keep looking at these when I go grocery shopping, but I've been so sceptical about how they work. I'll give them a go. I like the idea of being able to use these and soap nuts instead of normal laundry products.

May 10th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Beaker's Avatar My boys are adorable
I am not crazy about these. I have had them for about a month. Got them at walmart for about $5. Still have static, and the spikes are coming off. However, it does cut down on drying time.

Earn giftcards and more with Swagbucks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search