Wonderwraps cover

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2007, 05:13 PM
mommytothree
4 pins. Good cover.

Pros:

- OS
- Can use the bigger size when bulking up baby for the night where a smaller cover may not cover adequately
- good fit, nice thick back elastic that does not cut into baby!

Cons:

- They seem to smell bad quicker than other covers I have. After either one very wet diaper or 2 normal diaper changes the cover needs washing. I try airing it out between changes and it still smells like pee very quickly.
- I have noticed the cover can feel damp when baby needs a change opposed to other PUL covers that I never feel a thing. It isn't as bad as fleece that will wick onto baby's clothes when the diaper is wet but I was holding her with just the diaper and cover, no pants, and my leg felt damp afterwards.
- Hard for me to get a good fit around the leg. I have this problem with OS diapers in general. If I get the rise low enough for a good leg fit then it is too low to cover the fitted or prefold, if I raise the rise to cover the diaper then the leg gaps a little.

All in all, not a bad cover, not my favorite, but not my least favorite either. Works overnight too, but not my first choice for overnight. I prefer a cover with double gussets for overnight.
July 3rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 pins

The material on this cover is a bit thick and stiffer than my other PUL covers (I have proraps, BSWW, and this one). The velcro is big, which makes it a little bit easier to get on quickly. The tabs kind of stretch when you put the cover on, because of the way the back elastic is done. We've been using it since my baby was eight weeks old (which is when we got it) and it fit fine then. He's on the skinny side, and I can't really get the top of the diaper tight, but we've never had a blowout or leaking with it. It has a wider crotch than the small sized covers I have, but it still fits my baby fine. I really like the fact that for only a few dollars more than we spend on most of our covers, we have a one size cover that will last a long time.

I haven't noticed it holding onto a pee smell too much, but I have noticed that it holds onto dampness if the diaper isn't changed frequently enough. Because of that, we don't use the cover for nighttime.

Purchased at Nikki's Diapers for $13.95
July 31st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Shannie
3 Pins

I don't really like this cover. It is too stiff and bulky. I have only used it once. I really prefer covers like Imse Vimse Soft and Thirsties because they are so much softer.

I might use it for overnight once my baby is in premium prefolds since it does seem like it will prevent leaks.
October 22nd, 2007, 02:30 PM
Tofu Bacon
4 pins

I absolutely love the fit of this cover!!! Ds is skinny, so he coud easily still wear a size medium but he has a long rise, so getting a good fit is pretty tough with him. The only negative is that the cover only comes in double-layer PUL, while I personally prefer single-layer because I can get more wears out of a single-layer cover without it getting stinky.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search