BG2.0 OS vs BG3.0 OS

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Reviews and Recommendations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2008, 12:30 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Comparison of BG 2.0 (White) to BG 3.0 (Butternut)

I have a newer first-quality 2.0 bought just after the 3.0 released.

Front & Back view shows leg elastic goes a lot further in the 3.0. Snap & Aplix placement appears the same. Overall the 2.0 is visibly longer.

3.0 is not quite as wide as the 2.0. Contour is slightly different.

This is just to show the difference in the contour and the length of the leg elastic - the 2.0 is NOT this much wider than the 3.0, they are overlapped. The contour has noticeably changed. I find this a good thing when the diaper is done up - you'll see further on - better side leak prevention.

BIG difference in the stretchy side tabs!

This is the medium rise setting, the way my 21 lb 15 month old wears them for night - stuffed with a CB OS insert snapped to the medium setting, and a CB doubler/newborn insert. Right at the top of the leg holes and the bottom of the side tabs you can see where leaks happened with the 2.0 - much better coverage on the 3.0 - no leaks yet! The 2.0 is slightly bigger.

Side view of improved stretchy tab and side contour design on the 3.0. Nicer fit around the legs.

This is to show the difference between them on the smallest rise setting. The 3.0 has the front folded down as you would for a newborn. Folded up it only adds ˝ inch so I didn't bother with a pic. These are stuffed with a CB doubler/newborn insert.

The largest rise setting. The rise on the 2.0 is a fair bit more. With the larger side tabs it also fits a wider waist size. My almost 4 year old boy is 35 lbs and the 3.0 really doesn't fit him. He could wear the 2.0 - though he doesn't - these are his baby sister's diapers.

I think the fit of the 3.0 is much improved for smaller babies, however they have sacrificed a little bit of size at the opposite end, and the 2.0's will fit just a little longer.

*UPDATE* Jenn of Cottonbabies, creator of bumGenius, says that although the elastic is different, stretched, they should be about the same size, the rise is supposed to be identical. (You can see this is true in the pics below.) The tabs are supposed to stretch to the exact same distance, and have the same reach around the baby. (This is not the case with the BGs I have though, see pics below.) Jenn also said this in a post on DS: "To prevent major differences, we actually changed the finishing process in a way that will almost guarantee that every diaper identical. 2.0s that appear larger than the 3.0s were actually finished improperly. The slight difference in rise was a production issue that we're actually addressing now with our factory... It certainly is not intended."

Overall I prefer the 3.0 for my side-sleeper. Chances are my baby will PT before outgrowing these, even with the smaller fit. And I do find that, whether intentional or not, my 3.0 are smaller (or is it my 2.0 are bigger?) and mine do NOT have the same fit around the baby.
Here are the two diapers on my 35lb son just a few days apart:

*ANOTHER UPDATE* I asked Jenn of Cottonbabies about this, and she saw the pics, and has confirmed that my 2.0 is bigger than it should be, as a result of a production flaw in the finishing. It should have been the same size as the 3.0. Their production has been refined so that all diapers will be of uniform size now.
So, the size will be as shown in the 3.0. The differences other than the sizing inconsistency are the improvements made to the 3.0 - and they are good improvements I love how the lining doesn't roll out at the tummy. I love that they NEVER leak from the side - or anywhere. And I love that she sleeps through the night in them, feeling dry And of course they are so pretty...

*ADDING TO COMPARISON"
Here is the BG 3.0 compared to a newborn size Huggies disposable

OK, here is the BG 3.0 OS snapped and folded down to the smallest size and with the newborn insert, and a Huggies Newborn that the hospital provided. My 8 lb baby didn't wear this size long, we had to size up due to blowouts. I think the extra room in the seat of the cloth diaper would be better for preventing that.

The BG is definitely wider than the Huggies, but they are both about the same in rise.
The Huggies over top of the BG.

Spread open they seem very similar in size

And here's one with my 1 year olds hand, she kept trying to grab her diaper - notice she is reaching past the disposable for the cloth one

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
February 1st, 2008, 03:12 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW!!! You've sold me on the 3.0!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do that!

February 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
double post

February 5th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Jennmomof3's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for posting this. I am expecting my 3rd child and I am going to CD this time and had decided on the BG. I had bought a 3 pack of the 2.0 and was going to stock up little by little until he is due in June. Now I am definately going to get the rest in the 3.0.
February 7th, 2008, 02:43 PM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
thanks for putting the time into this. What a great host!

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

February 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for posting this! I just started CDing, and am using the 2.0, but see that the 3.0 is available now, and I wanted to know the difference! Thanks!

February 7th, 2008, 09:41 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Wow, this is awesome! Thanks mama!

April 17th, 2008, 10:36 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Added some more pics

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 17th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been thinking of getting BG 3.0's but now I'm sold!! Thank you so much for that, it helped A LOT. Especially since I'm a newbie at this

April 19th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
THis was soooo helpful!! I think we will definately get some of the 3.0 now that we are starting!

Thanks Kara!!
May 1st, 2008, 02:06 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Thank you so much for this post! I have a couple BG 2.0s and decided to get more, only to find out that they have a new version now....so I was really curious!
May 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Trollpup's Avatar Veteran
New to CD and I purchased BG3. I loved them from the first time I used them. Just ordered more!! I use them for my 2 month old and my 20 month old. Thanks for the thread. Good info!!
May 13th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Momofapeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for posting this! I purchased the 2.0s before I had my daughter and realized how small she was going to be.. I was wondering what the difference was going to be between 2.0 and 3.0 and we had to use disposables on her for a good while, the 2.0s are much different folded to the newborn size than the newborn disposables - IMO. I'm just now able to wear these on her, she was too tiny for them before now! I wish I'd waited for the 3.0! They look like they're a much better fit at the smaller size than the 2.0s.
May 15th, 2008, 06:33 AM
AmandaR
Thank you!!!!
May 17th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Mom 2 Alayna N Hayden's Avatar Texan In Seattle
Where can I order these? Thank you!

Siggy by RASPBERRYBERET!!
February 14th, 2009, 09:33 AM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome! Thanks so much for all the detail!

I love my BG 3.0's!!
May 10th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much ... I have been thinking about doing the CD thing with our first and was looking at the BG 3.0 ... you have sold me on this.

THANL YOU so much for the FANTASTIC detail for a noob like me !

May 17th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
Awesome info! Thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search