1st Loss....

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2009, 07:04 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
I figured I would come share my story since I seem to be coming out the other side of all this....

DH and I found out we were pregnant on March 4th. It was a complete surprise as were not trying....we had only been married for...3 weeks when we conceived our little Valentines Day baby. Everything was going great, we told our family and close friends right away and they all teased us about getting pregnant so soon. Then on this past Thursday, I started having some spotting and panicked. I called DH and he came home from work and we decided to go to the ER and get checked out. We were there for almost 8 hours...it was so horrible. I had several ultrasounds done and was taken up to the labor and delivery floor with the OB resident on call to have an ultrasound done on their machine after the rest were inconclusive. They showed us on the screen that all there was was the sac, the yolk sac and the beginnings of a fetal pole. Our baby just stopped developing...and I was supposed to be just over 8 weeks. They wanted me to go in for another ultrasound in a week for a "final answer", even though we knew in our hearts what the answer was. They said nothing about a potential miscarriage, even though I was bleeding pretty heavily at that point after the poking and prodding.

My bleeding kept up all day Friday and Saturday. Then last night, I guess I "officially" miscarried. As sad as it sounds, I am thankful that my body did what it needed to do and we didn't need to delay this another week to start the grieving process. My midwife talked me through everything that had already happened and was going to happen...I am so thankful that she was on call last night, I finally got to hear a familiar voice through all of this. DH and I understand that it is nothing either one of us did or could have done differently...its just something that happened. We are both grieving together and in our own ways, and part of that process is talking about when we are going to TTC again.

This was my 2nd pregnancy....I was pregnant 5 years ago and gave birth to a beautiful, healthy little girl that I gave up for adoption. I know we can have a baby...its just that this little angel wasn't meant to be.

April 5th, 2009, 07:56 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry you have gone through this. We were together in the Nov DDC, and went through this about the same time. Sometimes there is just no answers for why this happens, and it is so unfair that we have to experience something like this. I hope you are starting to physically heal. The emotional healing will take a bit longer, unfortunately. Please visit us hear for a shoulder to cry on, to vent, or just ask questions about the process. Some of us, including me, have been through this more than once. Again, Im sooo sorry you are going through this.
April 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Hugs Sweetie! What a whirlwind of events for you and DH in such a short amount of time. I too am glad your body did what it needed to do instead of making you wait a wk or 2. It always seems like that's the worst when you have to wait it out.
Now the grieving can begin. Not ever the easiest part but we are all here for you. Thru all the ups and downs. HUGS
April 6th, 2009, 06:09 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We are here for you.

April 6th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh honey, I'm so sorry. It's hard no matter when it happens and no matter if the pregnancy was planned or not. I'm glad your midwife was able to give you information you needed.

If you'd like your baby added to our memorial list, just add your information to the sticky, okay?

April 6th, 2009, 10:35 AM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
i'm so very sorry for your loss

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
April 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 7th, 2009, 11:45 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say once again that I'm so sorry, hon *HUGS*

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
April 7th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
April 8th, 2009, 07:52 AM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
Thanks so much for all the kind words ladies.....

DH and I are doing pretty okay...I'm ready to start feeling more like myself (physically). This taking it easy stuff is getting pretty old pretty quick. We are both trying to look forward to TTC during the next cycle (or two, depending on how my appointment goes in a few weeks).

April 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im happy you are starting to feel better. Soon you will have more good days than bad ones. Good luck at your post-op, I hope you get a clean bill of health.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search