Something to take my

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2009, 10:23 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mind off of things for awhile. I thought I would post this here, to make everyone smile for tonight.

Im going to get my nipples this month! I had a double mastecomy last year in Sept and finished the reconstruction in Jan of this year. I was not able to proceed to the nipple part, due to being pregnant in Feb. I was planning on surgery in December, after the baby was born in November. Now, I think I will do something good for myself and get them done this month. I hate having to be under anestisa (msp) again, but at this point, Ive been under at least 10 times in the past year. One more time wont hurt I guess.

Im excited to get them on finally, it will make me feel like a normal woman again. Thanks for listening, and sorry to be off topic, just thought I would share!
April 5th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
okay, I was SO confused at first. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that (I'm assuming breast cancer...). Losing a physical part of you like that must be hard. I'm glad that you are doing something good for yourself.

Good luck! Keep us updated.

April 5th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me

Last edited by Brittanie; April 5th, 2009 at 11:25 PM.
April 5th, 2009, 11:02 PM
sorry to confuse you, yes I had breast cancer and finished treatment for it three years ago. The surgery was the last part of it, which was started in Sept of 08. So the last part will be to get nipples cosmetically consrtucted with my own skin. I will feel better when that part is done, then my post cancer life can start, finally. A baby will be my ultimate gift though.
April 6th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow I'm glad you're going to get your nipples! I remember reading once about nipples being constructed from the inner part of the thigh because that area is slightly 'pinker' than the rest of your skin...is that right? I'm happy for you anyway, and then hopefully the baby for you after that.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 6th, 2009, 07:07 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Wow, congrats! Glad your doing something for yourself! Let us know hwo they turn out!
April 6th, 2009, 07:07 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am happy to hear that you will be doing this for yourself. Baby is next

April 6th, 2009, 11:39 AM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats on the getting the final part done. I pray that a baby follows

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
April 6th, 2009, 02:55 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
Yay for nipples!!! Thats great that you are going to do something for yourself this month too.

April 6th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is great you are doing this for yourself! Your a very strong woman like I have told you before. I am happy you are doing this for you!

Let's both hope a healthy baby is next!
April 6th, 2009, 07:30 PM
thanks Rhonda, I see your in the ttcal board. Are you waiting one cycle or more? I have decided to wait 2 cycles, May/June. Im praying for us girl!!!!
April 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you. I am so glad you are doing something for yourself!!
April 7th, 2009, 12:12 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
WOW! I didn't realize there were steps to the process. It must feel good to have everything "complete" again. How are they going to do it? I feel kind of silly asking but I really dont' know anyone who has been thru this.
April 7th, 2009, 12:48 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay I'm glad that you're able to do something for yourself! Good luck!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
April 7th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
YAY FOR NIPPIES!!! I have a women at work that had the areola tattoo'd after her reconstruction. I have to say I saw them... She was so excited after she was "complete" And it looked great. I told they looked better than mine.

I am so happy for you, You give strength a new meaning, A cancer survivor is someone that see's the world in a brighter way. And as Ruth would save the "TA-TA's"

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
April 7th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaRN View Post
WOW! I didn't realize there were steps to the process. It must feel good to have everything "complete" again. How are they going to do it? I feel kind of silly asking but I really dont' know anyone who has been thru this.

There are several ways women get this done. Taking the skin from the inner thighs, taking the extra skin from the masectomy line OR taking skin from the "labia" area.(not on your life!!)

I will be taking skin from the mastecomy line. The dr. left extra skin for me to use this for instead of giving me bigger implants. they will tatoo the areola after 6wks of the nipples being done. My plastic surgeon went nuts with me. He was so excited to get his hands on me, and I must say, he did a awsome job. He will be giving me extra touch up when I go under this time and bring the breasts together a little more for a nice cleavage line! I used to be a A cup, and now Im a large B average C. I had radiation to one breast, so we never expected the results to be this good.

Thanks everyone for your support, but as much as this excites me, I still wish I was having it in December and my baby in November. Nothing can fill this void, but I do smile occasionaly thinking about being done finally and no more rememberence of the cancer.
April 7th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryRN View Post
YAY FOR NIPPIES!!! I have a women at work that had the areola tattoo'd after her reconstruction. I have to say I saw them... She was so excited after she was "complete" And it looked great. I told they looked better than mine.

I am so happy for you, You give strength a new meaning, A cancer survivor is someone that see's the world in a brighter way. And as Ruth would save the "TA-TA's"

I have done so many things since diagnosed with cancer 3.5 yrs ago, I taken nothing for granted. I have strarted over with life, left my husband of 20yrs and met a man that gave me hope again. Life is too short, and Im blessed to have everything that I have, especially my four children. But because cancer has made me so aware of life in general, I have taken this loss of my baby to the extreme. I have loss so much of my youth with the cancer at age 34, and now this baby, makes me feel like, what did I do to deserve this. I know God has a plan for me, and I hope I do not let him down by loosing faith. So far, my faith is stronger than ever, but I have my days when I doubt it and that is hard to deal with.
April 7th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Proud Momma
I am so sorry you've had to go through that, but so nice to see that you're better and now doing something for yourself! you're a very strong woman and I admire you for that. I have a friend who passed away to breast cancer last year at age 26. It's really sad.

I truly hope you're blessed with a baby soon.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; April 7th, 2009 at 11:50 PM.
April 8th, 2009, 01:12 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Angel Katrina;15266172[B
]I am so sorry you've had to go through that, but so nice to see that you're better and now doing something for yourself! you're a very strong woman and I admire you for that.[/b] I have a friend who passed away to breast cancer last year at age 26. It's really sad.

I truly hope you're blessed with a baby soon.
Thank you for sharing your story!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Last edited by ..Penelope..; April 8th, 2009 at 01:28 PM.
April 8th, 2009, 09:46 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is exciting! I hope it gives you a final sense of healing and closure and that this year you will not only say goodbye to cancer for good- but that you will also be preparing to say hello to a baby next year! I admire your strength and the way you face all of this pain with so much courage. You are really an inspiration, momof4lopez!!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search