I give up!

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2009, 05:35 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need to ask you ladies a question! SO I'm giving up on my month hiatus However, I really am going to make an effort to only visit the WTTC and PL boards for now.

For the last 3 or 4 days, I had pain on the right and sometimes both sides of my uterus. It's sort of a sharp, stabbing sensation that sometimes made me sore to the touch on the outside (which spreads all the way to my belly button sometimes). While I was sleeping last night, it got so bad that every time my abdomen touched ANYTHING, I would wake up.

Then this morning, I was in so much pain, sometimes I couldn't even stand up straight, my abdomen was distended, and it was so sensitive to the touch that even the water from the shower head hitting it was making me want to cry. I was afraid that it was something serious and it hurt SO much, so I went to the ER.

Five and a half hours and an ultrasound later, the ER doc told me that there is a cyst on my right ovary that is larger then normal. He said that I am just getting ready to ovulate, and that the egg should be released this week.

I'm on CD 25 today. Isn't that really late to ovulate? I didn't use OPK's this month, but I think that I've been having fertile CM since CD 11. I also had some brown spotting on CD 23 (which I thought might be IB, but I'm not pregnant).

I Googled painful ovulation, and apparently it's a condition that a lot of women experience. Have any of you ever gone through it? I've NEVER before felt this much pain in my uterus except for when I was losing Autumn. I'm still in a lot of pain, despite two extra strength Tylenol...I really think that I need to get my heating pad out The doc just said that after the egg is released, AF should follow soon after, and that I only need to come back if the pain gets much worse. He said that it's probably just my body still trying to regulate itself after the D&C, since this is only my second cycle since then.

On a good note, he said that the ultrasound didn't show any sign of PCOS. Yay! I'll be getting my bloodwork results next week, so I'm hoping that they're clean, as well!

Anyway, I missed you guys, and I'm glad to be back! Thank you for any input you can offer

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Last edited by ..Penelope..; April 15th, 2009 at 09:30 PM.
April 15th, 2009, 05:39 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that happened to you, I hope you are feeling better. I don't really have any answers for you I just wanted to give you some support.

Feel better!!!

April 15th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks, hon!

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
April 15th, 2009, 06:37 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that happend to you! Cysts can be painful in general. I remember I had one burst about 3 years ago and ended up in the ER because it really hurt so much.

I can feel when I ovulate every month. For about half of the day I will be sore on my left side. It has been like that for years and the doctor said that some women experience it. It is just a dull pain, nothing like what you experienced.

I hope you feel better soon.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Actually, the doctor was right. Your ovary develops a cyst with the egg in the middle of it and when the cyst bursts the egg comes out. Abnormally large cysts, a large number of cysts, or cysts at the wrong time of the cycle are the bad ones. But developing a cyst is a normal part of ovulation.

I get ovulation cramps. Not as bad as what you're describing, but they are sharp stabbing pains on one side. Sometimes they can take by breath away. And I noticed that they got worse after my first pregnancy.

I hope you start feeling better! And I'm glad to see you back.

Also, you didn't give me your information to put Autumn on the list. I could have sworn you did, but you're not there. So if you want her on the list, just go add your info to the sticky and I'll add you.

April 15th, 2009, 08:43 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Britany. The egg does come from the cyst, and when the egg is fertilized, it becomes the corpus lutious(msp, but think it sounds like that) and that is where the progesterone is formed to carry your baby. If the egg is not fertilized, the cysty will shrink and go away. So, you may of O'd already, and the cyct is just big, or you may be O'ing soon. I went to the er last year for that type of cyst, and it measured 4cm. I felt the pain in my anus area, sorry tmi, the worst and the dr. said that, that could happen. It felt like a knife was being shoved up there, repeatedly My cyst with this last pregnancy measured at 4cm again, and it was actually larger than my right ovary! But the dr had said that it was still in normal range. Painful though!
April 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
It's so crazy, I never noticed before I started tracking my cycles that I had ovulation pains. Now I can feel them each cycle, but they usually only last a day or two, and nothing near as painful as this time.

Brittanie - I just updated my first post because my friend brought over her textbook and we cleared up the confusion
I'll add my information to the sticky, thank you! BTW, your new siggy is adorable <3

momof4lopez - Ouch, that sounds horrible!
The ER doc said specifically that I would be ovulating within the next week. Could he have determined that through ultrasound, or could he have just been guessing?

Visit
April 15th, 2009, 09:51 PM
if he has a trained eye for this, he could of. Being an ER doc, Im not sure unless OB/GYN is his speciality. You can always call him and ask him specifically. If he saw fluid in the cyst, with no rupture, than he was right.
April 16th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I see, thanks!

I still had pretty bad pain off and on today, to the point where I had to come home 3 hours early I really hope that it's better tomorrow.

Visit
April 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM
did the dr. give you pain medicine? These things usually clear up in 2wks. thats how long I had mine before it went away. They usually do a follow up u/s, did he offer that?

Sorry for your pain....
April 17th, 2009, 06:21 AM
He didn't offer me pain medicine. I've been trying to cope with extra strength Tylenol, but when the pain gets bad, the pills don't seem to help much. He didn't offer a followup ultrasound, either. I'll be sure to ask for one when I see my family doctor.

I THINK I feel better today, but the pain usually starts getting worse when I move around and sit for long periods at work.

Thanks, hon!

Visit
April 20th, 2009, 01:25 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you went through that, Pen... that sounds so miserable! This is all new to me, and since I have been diagnosed with PCOS I am curious... is this common after a pregnancy loss? Are painful cysts DURING pregnancy common? Lori, you said you had a painful cyst during your last pregnancy??

I really want to know because a few days before my m/c was confirmed, I was up all night with horrible stabbing pains all through my lower abdomen. At first I thought it was the worst gas I'd ever experienced, but nothing was passing and the pain never ended... I could only sleep if I doubled over on top of a body pillow in the fetal position. I thought maybe it was part of the miscarriage, but could it have been a cyst?? The nights before that, I noticed a kind of throbbing pain in my lower right side and was worried about an ectopic pregnancy.

Is there much you can do to treat or prevent these??

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
April 21st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Mandy - Thanks! I don't know the answer to any of your questions, but the ER doctor said that the reason I had a cyst on my ovary was because it was getting close to releasing an egg.

It does sound like you may have had a cyst, as well, but you wouldn't know for sure unless you had an ultrasound. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do specifically for a cyst. I did, however, learn on my own that painful ovulation is an actual condition that women go through every cycle (I can't even imagine ). According to the information I found, the pill can help regulate your cycles and make ovulation less painful.

Visit
April 21st, 2009, 09:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Even though it seems late to ovulate on CD 25, it can definitely happen and it seems too that cycles can be irregular after miscarriage so it might just be that your body is still getting back to what is 'normal' for you.

I know I wanted to make sure I didn't get pregnant before my first af so I was using a ferning ovulation kit (just uses saliva and you look through a little microscope and when you're fertile you see a fern pattern). Anyway I had a reasonably good fern pattern 2 weeks ago so thought I ovulated then, but then two days ago I got a really strong fern pattern so then I didn't know what was going on and wondered did I ovulate late, or did I ovulate twice (which i've heard can happen after miscarriage) - and af arrived the very next day so who knows...

I think our bodies just get a bit out of whack - hopefully it's not something that will happen regularly. I do often get pain at the time of ovulation but yours sounded very extreme!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 21st, 2009, 09:33 PM
The ER doctor also thought that it was just my body trying to get back to normal. I hope so, and that this doesn't happen again!

Visit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search