Sentimental Sunday, a question about your pregnancy

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Sometimes it feels good for me to remember, even though it hurts, because it reminds me that Cora existed, that my pregnancy with her really happened, and wasn't just a good dream gone really bad.

How did you tell your DH/SO that you were pregnant?

April 19th, 2009, 07:23 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Well, the first time, we found out by miscarrying. The second time, he knew I was testing. When I squealed, he knew. This past time, we both knew before I even tested.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
April 19th, 2009, 08:40 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were bowling and I had poas with an ic. I decided to back it up with a FRER at the bowling alley. We were with the kids and I went to the bathroom and came out crying. Happy crying, and he knew right away. I did not tell him I was testing, and he just cried with me and said "congrats mama." I will never poas in a bowling alley again. Too many memories. Will have to find somewhere else next time, maybe the grocery store? lol
April 19th, 2009, 10:47 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
He was mowing the lawn, haha, and I interupted him to tell him.

April 19th, 2009, 11:14 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We went out to dinner, had drinks, didn't use a condom and he looked at me and said I think we may have made a baby, lol.... Then I tested 2 weeks later and he was right

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I woke up really early the day after Thanksgiving knowing that if AF wasn't here that I'd be testing. It was seriously like 5 a.m. and still pitch black out. I did my usual routine (pee in a cup, dip the test) and waited and waited for a line to show. I thought it was going to be negative so I dumped my pee, rinsed the cup then stared at the test waiting for it to finish (it was an internet cheapie and they take forever!) and all of a sudden I saw a line! I started freaking out and was mad at myself for dumping my pee because I had a better test that I could have used.

So then I crawled back in bed and he was like "having morning sickness?" (to him everything is "morning sickness") and I said no, but I have to show you something. So we went in the bathroom and he was squinting because the light was really bright. I was like "Do you see it?!" and he said yeah and we hugged and went back to bed and cuddled.

*sigh* I can't wait to share another BFP with him!
April 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4lopez View Post
Will have to find somewhere else next time, maybe the grocery store? lol
LOL!! Mine was at Walmart. We were TTC, and my period was late, and I'd tested a few days earlier (1 day before af was due, and the day she was due) and had gotten bfns. So another couple days goes by and no AF, so I decided to get another test. DH worked at Walmart, and I had to drop him off at work, so I bought the test and used it in the Walmart bathroom so I could tell him first. I went out to where he was working with tears in my eyes and he thought it was negative. He grinned so big when I told him it was positive....

April 19th, 2009, 06:25 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my loss I actually didnt think I was preg. I was charting and dh got injured right before I o'd so I thought we were out. I relaized I was sick and 4 days late. I took the test came out the bathroom and was like do you see a line and he said no. . my mil saw it and we went and got another one and it was darker. That was New years day. Never thought in 2009 I would have 2 pregnancies, a newborn, and a m/c (im due December 27th)
April 19th, 2009, 07:40 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Because I was charting, I kinda thought I was pregnant, but the first test (at night) was negative. So I tested the next night, while he was at work. I suppose I should have waited to tell him in person, but I was so excited I called him and said "Guess what!" He didn't guess, so I told him. He was so excited, he came home right away, and had me do another test so he could watch the line show up

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Sometimes it feels good for me to remember, even though it hurts, because it reminds me that Cora existed, that my pregnancy with her really happened, and wasn't just a good dream gone really bad.
I feel the same way about Autumn

We didn't think that we could get pregnant naturally, so the only reason we tested was to 'rule out' pregnancy Looking back, I had ALOT of EPS, but I chalked it all up to PMS. We weren't planning on trying until an unknown time in the hazy future, but I still secretly hoped that I really was pregnant.

After I POAS, I left the bathroom to pace around...went back in probably a lot sooner then 3 minutes (just couldn't help it). I think I might have started hyperventilating, and I said, "Oh my God!" a few times. DB asked what was wrong, and I said, "It's positive!" I looked up at him, and just started crying hysterically. It was in our bathroom, and it was very surreal

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search