Time goes by in slow motion

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It has been 1 week since the D&C. It feels like my life has been going in slow motion and it has been months.

On another note, I gained about 10 lbs and it really shows. I didn't care when I was pregnant but now I feel so nasty and disgusting. Uggggg. I think I just need some patience.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Missy, there you are. Slow motion is so the thought of the day. It has been 2.5 weeks for me, and feels like it just happened yesterday. I have accomplished alot in the last two weeks, as I did nothing for 9.5wks while I was pg. My life was consumed with being pg and wheather or not I would go full term.

As for the weight, dont worry it will come off just in time for you to gain it back all over again, lol. Funny how that works, hugh? How is your bleeding/cramping/spotting from the d&c going? You did not talk much about how you were physcially doing. Just hoping your body is healing and no problems there for you. Glad your Friday night finally ended, what a rough night for you. Before we know it, we will be posting our BFP's again and starting all over again! Oh Missy, sometimes I just feel so pathetic!!
April 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Missy, there you are. Slow motion is so the thought of the day. It has been 2.5 weeks for me, and feels like it just happened yesterday. I have accomplished alot in the last two weeks, as I did nothing for 9.5wks while I was pg. My life was consumed with being pg and wheather or not I would go full term.

As for the weight, dont worry it will come off just in time for you to gain it back all over again, lol. Funny how that works, hugh? How is your bleeding/cramping/spotting from the d&c going? You did not talk much about how you were physcially doing. Just hoping your body is healing and no problems there for you. Glad your Friday night finally ended, what a rough night for you. Before we know it, we will be posting our BFP's again and starting all over again! Oh Missy, sometimes I just feel so pathetic!!
April 19th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Feeling Pathetic with you!! Physically everything has been a breeze. I had a small amount of light blood the day of the surgery then almost nothing. I had a small spot on Friday but that was because I was lifting a bunch of work stuff that I shouldn't have been.

I am so torn about TTC... BF said it is up to me. I have such mixed feelings between wanting to right away and waiting for the end of summer. I dont know... It just doesn't seem right to think of trying again when I am hurting from this baby and just wish I didn't have to go through all of this. I wish none of us had to go through this.

How soon after did any of you resume bedroom activities?

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

April 21st, 2009, 05:46 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In a couple of weeks, it will have been 3 months since we lost Autumn. A lot of the time I still feel like I have let myself and my life become a big mess, and I agree, it feels like time has slowed to a crawl. Every time I learn about another pregnancy, I get upset and depressed, and being around a pregnant woman is like having to constantly listen to the screech of nails on a blackboard.

I feel your pain, honey. But I'm not just here to share my misery, because even though I'm feeling very low today, I know that we are going to get through this. It will take time and pain, we're going to stumble a lot, and we'll need to cry and vent. But we WILL make it. We have something special - each other. *HUGS, HUGS, HUGS* to all of you.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
April 21st, 2009, 11:32 PM
P - I am sorry you are feeling down and just letting everything go. I understand though, and it is ok. You will pick yourself up when you are ready. In the meantime don't let anyone tell you how to grieve or how soon/long the process should be. Seeing pregnant woman makes me cry - I should be them. Why not me? Why was I chosen to be the one to go through this pain, this loss, this emptyness? Yup, many of us are right there with you honey.

I promise it does get easier. It took me about 6 months after Jasmine and even 3+ years after I lost her I still have moments now and again when I get said with the memory. Wishing I had her running around the house, driving us all crazy.

Can you do something nice for yourself, like get your nails done or a massage or something just for you? While it won't take away your pain, it does give yourself a little happiness, even for a short time.

April 22nd, 2009, 04:51 AM
I'm sort of treating myself to a spa day on Friday - hair, manicure, pedicure. Maybe I'll even do a facial later at home, just to complete the package

I hope it helps me feel better!

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Last edited by ..Penelope..; April 22nd, 2009 at 04:00 PM.
April 22nd, 2009, 08:29 AM
Oh P that makes me so happy for you! I hope it is an awesome day and gives you even a brief amount of happiness! You definately deserve it.

April 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I'm sorry that time is going by so slow. It creeped by for me also. But then time started to go by faster and faster.

It is now 2 days from what my due date was to be.

April 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks, Missy

*HUGS* to everyone.

Visit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search