Anyone Gain Weight?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone gain weight after their loss? I gained another pound and I know it is a result of being sad about the baby, laying in bed and eating all day, quitting smoking blah blah blah...

So now I am up to +11 lbs to lose.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 20th, 2009, 02:25 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Yes, though mine has been gradual.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
April 20th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Nope, I went the opposite. But I don't eat when I'm depressed.

April 20th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I have never been one to eat when I am depressed. I weigh more now than ever in my life. I am at 121! woah, that is huge for me. Up until about 6 months ago I could never donate blood because I was under 110.

I think what is bothering me so much is that 85% of this weight is in my stomache and I look pregnant. BF is so supportive, I love him so much. He said that after tomorrow (when we go to NYC) he will help me get on a plan.

ok. I am done whining for the next 5 minutes!

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

April 20th, 2009, 03:48 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Missy, I just shut down when I got the bad news. did not eat for 48hrs. Went through that in the beginning too, when I was told it was blighted ovum. Did not eat for like 3 days. So needless to say, I ended up loosing 5lbs with the pregnancy. I always gain weight in the first three months, usually 15-20lbs. So this was a sign to me that things were not good from the beginning. Im sure the smoking has alot to do with though. Even if you gain a few more lbs, who gives a sh..!! You will get back to normal soon, I will try and and gain a few to make you feel better, lol...
April 20th, 2009, 04:00 PM
You make me laugh, thanks so much Lori you are so awesome!!! I know I am just being too hard on myself but it really helps to vent here. I feel stronger and stronger every day. I am really greatful to have you all.

Oh, the DR said we can "resume bedroom activities tomorrow". It hasnt been the official 2 weeks but since there was so little blood they said I should be ok. Wooohooooo, a milestone to recovery.

April 20th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Miss, psttttt, dont tell any one, but I resumed bed room activity 5 days after my d&c. I had no bleeding, no cramping, and wanted to feel like a "woman" again, kwim? On my 2wk check-up we got the green light, but silently smirked, cause we'd been dtd for like over a wk!!! (protected of course)

Your a small woman like me too.., I bet ya, were related some how Im 5'6 and weigh like 119lbs. I used to be 105 before I ever had kids. I finally have somewhat of a figure. I do get huge though during pregnancy, like 165 at the end of all my terms. So I know how you feel, when your small, every lb. makes such a huge difference. (even if no one else sees it but us)
April 20th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
you ladies are making me feel very fat... =p

April 20th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Jenn218's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained because I seem to be a grief eater. I think I ate or drank everything your not supposed to have when your pregnant right after my D&C because I was just so angry.

April 20th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really haven't gained. More like maintained and I'm not at a healthy weight so I NEED to lose. I've started working out and am happy to report, I seem to be losing now.
April 20th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Brittnaie, I would take your age over my wheight any day, just say the word
April 20th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Jenn - That is exactly what I am doing. Eating everything I wasn't supposed to, drinking tons of caffeine (which I stopped when I was pregnant)... Just eating and being mad and depressed. I am going to shake myself out of it.

Amy - Congrats on losing some weight! That is awesome! When does your husband come home?

Lori - Deleted but you read it

Last edited by missy123; April 21st, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
April 20th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Amy - Congrats on losing some weight! That is awesome! When does your husband come home?
Probably around September so I'm in full on work out mode to get skinny for him and for baby makin'! Thanks for asking.
April 20th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Missy, your story is so beautiful. Im crying right now, especially since this baby was so loved and wanted. The hurdels you have been through, my gosh, I guess thats what makes you so strong. I know right now you probably would not agree, but I see you as this tiny mean machine! You sound like you have figured out the outline of how your life is going to be, now we just need to fill in the lines!! There is no doubt in my mind, that we will not have our precious lo's next year. You really have come so far, and nothing will hold you back. this will only be part of your beautiful journey together, and so many wonderful things are on the horizon for you. Im happy you made me a part of that by sharing your story, thank you
April 20th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
Probably around September so I'm in full on work out mode to get skinny for him and for baby makin'! Thanks for asking.

After being away from each other that long you will be really busy

Lori, Deleted a lot but you read it.
Right now I am just mush waiting for time to pass so I can dig out of this sea of pain and disappointment and be myself again. The great thing is you just made me remember who that person is.

I know we will get our babies in 2010, I have a feeling you will be 2 months ahead of me. Don't ask me why, it is just a feeling I have.

Last edited by missy123; April 21st, 2009 at 11:14 PM.
April 20th, 2009, 08:11 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I didn't gain nor did I lose right away. I was pretty far along and gained quite a bit of weight. I was too depressed to eat but just could lose it either. I honestly don't think I lost it all for several months.
April 20th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
After being away from each other that long you will be really busy

Yeah, his 2 weeks of r&r in December were very busy and he had only been gone for 3 months at that point.
April 20th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Missy, wow, evertything you just said, reminds me of myself. I grew up in Chicago, seen it all and even went through my brother being in prison, gangs and everything. I have only a high school education and got my first 6 figure income at 28. Have had my ups and downs, and now I raise 4 children with no child support. Its hard some times, but I manage to keep us in a good neighborhood and a roof over our heads. The work thing, everything you just said, sums it up. I opened my own mortgage business 9 years ago with a partner and went on to buy him out 4 years ago. It has been tough, but Im still in business with a staff of 20 or so. Sales is a tough job, and guiding people in sales is even tougher. People will tell me their life stories at an application, Ive heard it all in a 1hr. interview, from abortions, to aldutry, to child abuse, you name it. I never could figure that out as well, I do not share hardly anything personal about me, this is the first time on these boards. I guess we are few of the people out there meant to guide/help other people in this life. Im just glad that I have found you and some of the wonderful people here to help guide me!

I could not imagine getting pg before you at this point, praying that it happens at the same time. I almost wish everyone here on this board gets their BFP's before me. I know my time will come, and like you, I have wonderful children to be grateful for.
April 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
We are so much alike. It completely sucks so much that we are here but at least we have each other. I don't normally post personal stuff like that either. Not sure what got into me - I deleted most of it but you read it.

What is child support? lol. I get $62 a week total for all 3. But that is a whole different story.

I think I am ovulating. Could that happen so fast? I have been feeling the ovlulation cramps for half of the day. I usually have a 21 day cycle. I think we are going to resume baby making type bedroom activities tomorrow. I am going to be sure we use protection!

April 22nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I did gain some weight after my loss.
I'm happy to say with going to the gym 5 days a week I've worked by butt off and have lost about 10 pounds in the past year and 7 since my loss. But still I dont look the way I want to.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search