How is everyone doing?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2009, 07:06 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to see how everyone is doing. I am still on the rollercoaster ups and downs. One minute I am ok and the next crying. I went through the whole day and did not cry today so that is progress.

How are you all doing?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 20th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you're doing well. It's definitely an emotional roller coaster.

I've been doing really well lately. I feel very at peace (finally!) with everything that's happened. Baby fever is in high gear and I can't wait for DH to get home so we can get to baby makin.
April 20th, 2009, 07:30 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for asking, Im feeling pretty good these days. Like Amy said, Im thinking about the future and have baby fever. I just uploaded some OPK's for someone in another board to look at, and unfortunately, I saw a picture of my baby's u/s. I have not wanted to look at for so long now, and I dont think I was ready to look at it tonight either. The pain is still so raw I guess. Although after reading your story in the other post, I must say, I got over the picture real quick and smiled. So you have been my UP for the day!! Yaa!!
April 20th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Amy, I am so sorry that you are away from DH for so long. Thank him for us though! My dad was a lifer in the AirForce and still works as a civilian on base. Being in the service is a different life full of changes but can be exciting at the same time. I am glad you found some peace and hope you get that baby right away. How long will he be home for? Does he have to go right back out? I hope not.

Lopez, I am sorry you found the U/S. It is hard to look at and brings back pain when we are trying to remove ourselves from it. I have one in my purse from the day of the D&C and have not been able to look at it yet. I am glad I was able to make you smile, you make me smile everyday.

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

April 20th, 2009, 08:06 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
It can be really difficult. some days are up and you think you're coming out of all the gloom an d doom. then all the tears and sadness stick again.
It does get better in time but it does take time.

HUGS
April 20th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Amy, I am so sorry that you are away from DH for so long. Thank him for us though! My dad was a lifer in the AirForce and still works as a civilian on base. Being in the service is a different life full of changes but can be exciting at the same time. I am glad you found some peace and hope you get that baby right away. How long will he be home for? Does he have to go right back out? I hope not.
He shouldn't have to go back for awhile after he gets home. He probably will never go back to Iraq since we're pulling out so instead we'll get to deal with Afghanistan but we're hoping he can get something that's non-deployable for a few years. He's been in Iraq for part of every year since 2004 so he's definitely tired of being there and I'm ready to have him home for a couple years straight. Thank you for the kind words. It's hard having him away but it's made me such a strong person and the homecomings make it all worth it.
April 20th, 2009, 08:43 PM
NC isn't so bad but try to get stationed in Hawaii I am sorry he has been gone so much. Hopefully the next few months go by fast for you. My heart goes out to you. Do you have an internet webcam set up so you can see him at least?

My BF is going away for 3 months for work and I will get to see him hopefully at least once a month and I am already going crazy! He hasn't even left yet and I am already whining about it. It is amazing how he puts up with me (smile).

April 20th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
NC isn't so bad but try to get stationed in Hawaii I am sorry he has been gone so much. Hopefully the next few months go by fast for you. My heart goes out to you. Do you have an internet webcam set up so you can see him at least?

My BF is going away for 3 months for work and I will get to see him hopefully at least once a month and I am already going crazy! He hasn't even left yet and I am already whining about it. It is amazing how he puts up with me (smile).
We've thought about Hawaii but the cost of living there scares me!

His internet is pretty limited right now so we're stuck just emailing and the very rare phone call but he does have a web cam on his laptop so when they get their internet situation figured out I'll be able to see him again. He sends pictures every once in awhile which is always nice.

I'm sorry your BF is going away. Anytime they're gone is difficult no matter how long or short it is. You'll be ok though.
April 21st, 2009, 04:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling pretty good actually. Today I was reading a parenting mag I'm subscribed too and there was a pregnancy diary and I shed a few tears reading it. I definitely have moments of thinking 'that should be me too', but I think overall I'm doing well.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 21st, 2009, 06:51 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Missy - Thanks for asking, hon. I'm glad to hear that you feel you're making progress.

I'm feeling really blah. I don't know how to explain it, but I know that I need to work past it...I just don't know how right now

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
April 21st, 2009, 11:11 PM
Amy - Yea, I will be ok, It is just me being a brat about being away from him 3 months is nothing compared to what you have been through. And I had a friend stationed in Hawaii. If you live and shop on base I heard it is not any more expensive than being stateside. It is when you go off base that the cost of living skyrockets. I am not trying to push you to go to Hawaii but if you do watch out - you will have company!

mum - good to hear that you are doing ok. You are brave picking up a baby magazine. I am definatley not there yet.

Penelope - I am sorry you are doing blah, but I completely understand. I had an awesome day in NYC today with my BF and we walked all around manhatten, went shopping, ate great food, had a drink, went to a play and I was smiling all day. He was so happy to see me happy. Then I saw a very pregnant woman at the play and my eyes all watered up and my mood switched to sadness. He hugged me and said It's ok honey. I was quiet the rest of the play. On the train home he held me and I finally slept for an hour. So we have good moments and blah moments. ((Hugs)) Feel free to vent. I understand and it is ok to feel this way.

On another note: I saw some girls posting about Jenny Renny baby predictions. Out of desperation and sadness I paid the $8 for my reading. The results are below in my signature. Even if she is totally wrong, the hope it brought me for now was worth every penny.

How is everyone else doing?

April 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I was doing really good. Only thinking about my angel now and then, not crying when I did.

BUT- I'm now staring my due date in the face. Its Friday. I am stepping onto the roller coaster with the rest of you.

It is ripping me apart, I had a dream last night, that the baby was a boy, I pictured what he looked like how big he was everything. He looked so much like my husband
Now all I can think of is what life would have been with him. Picture him this summer in a lifevest on the boat with us. Playing with his nephews, Taking for rides on the quad with me. Learning to crawl, just growing up. But he never will be with me for all those things. Its killing me
I havent told anyone about this yet.

April 22nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for asking! I'm doing ok. I think I have more good days then bad. Though I tortured myself the other day by watching TLC's A Baby story and I broke down. I don't know why I did that, ,it's probably because I have baby fever really bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search