Two for Tuesday, one about your loss, one about you

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 10:05 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
1. Did a lot of people know about your pregnancy before your loss? Have you had many people ask about the pregnancy since?

2. Where would your perfect vacation be?

1. Well, I was 12 days from my due date, so yes, a lot of people knew. So actually, it was really hard afterward to have people asking me about my baby since all they knew was that I left work after being really close to my due date. They didn't know she was stillborn. I switched jobs because I couldn't handle being asked EVERY DAY that I went in. Actually, at the end of the year I went home for my sister's wedding and had had a couple of people confused because I was "still" pregnant (instead I was pregnant AGAIN).

2. Right now, I'd love to go to Hawaii, and see an erupting volcano.

April 21st, 2009, 01:25 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No one really asks about my pregnancy any more. Family/co-workers all found out pretty quick and new it was really hard on me. So Im trully gratefull for that. DH and I still talk about it every now and then, but mostly about the "new" baby we will hopefully have one day.

I would really love to go anywhere warm right now. But Im excited for the 80"s that are coming this week!! Will feel nice to sit on the porch and have my evening coffee outside!
April 21st, 2009, 01:35 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
1. Everybody knew. I work for a family owned business (my family) and all 450 of our employees knew that the bosses daughter was pregnant. Everyone in both of our large families knew too.

2. I would like very much to be in the Caribbean somewhere. In a hammock. With a drink that has a frilly little umbrella in it. With a good book.

But I get a mini-vacation this weekend - we are taking my in-laws to my parents lake house. I think it will be the first time my niece (she's 2) will have been on a boat. I'm hoping she likes it.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 21st, 2009, 02:06 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. We told several people. On one hand it was really hard having to tell them we lost the baby, but on the other I am grateful that people knew what had happened and were praying for us, etc. I felt much more supported. I think I will still tell people early next time, but will probably stick to only people I'm really close to for awhile.

2. Spain... I studied there for 3 semesters in college, and especially since my loss I have been longing to go back to the point of occasional tears. I think I just want to run back to my former self.

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
April 21st, 2009, 02:19 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I lived in Spain for a summer! I really miss Southern Spain.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
1. A handful of people knew about it, but no one asks about it/wants to talk about it.

2. Hmm...Greece or Belieze or Switzerland

April 21st, 2009, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. Did a lot of people know about your pregnancy before your loss? Have you had many people ask about the pregnancy since? Yes, pretty much everyone knew. No one really asks me any questions and I guess that's fine.

2. Where would your perfect vacation be? Somewhere on a beach with DH and NO ONE else other than the people serving me food and drinks.
April 21st, 2009, 06:09 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Did a lot of people know about your pregnancy before your loss? Have you had many people ask about the pregnancy since? EVERYONE KNEW, ABOUT 6 WEEKS AFTER THE LOSS i GOT AN EMAIL FROM A FAMILY MEMEBER OUT OF STATE. SHE ASKED HOW I WAS FEELING, IF TTHE KIDS AND DH WERE HELPING ME OUT AND IF I HAD FOUND OUT THE GENDER YET. I FELT SO BAD FOR FORGETTING SO LET HER KNOW AFTER THE LOSS!!!

2. Where would your perfect vacation be? I WANNA TAKE A CRUISE OR GO TO A BEACH IN FLORIDA. THEY ARE SO WHITE AND JUST BEAUTIFUL
April 21st, 2009, 07:02 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had had to share the news with some of the nurses that I worked with as soon as I learned that I was pregnant, because I had to provide a reason for leaving the room every time the x ray machine was used. When we heard baby's heartbeat, I was so excited that I told a few of my coworkers that I was closest with. As I approached 12 weeks, I started feeling more comfortable with sharing the news, so I told a few more coworkers. Everyone in both of our families and most of our friends also knew.

People have asked how I'm doing. I've talked to a couple of the ladies that I work with about the pregnancy. I talk about Autumn with my family and friends a lot, because remembering feels good and it helps. They've been pretty supportive, but don't often seem to know what to say.

I have so many places that I want to visit - I don't really have a perfect vacation, just a dream one If money and time didn't matter, I would take a cruise around the world. I received some literature from a cruise ship company about a trip that is over 100 days long and visits dozens of countries

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search